2-2, 3.68 GAA, .870 SV %, 0 SO

riples187i.png
LA None

DET Johan Franzen (torn ACL) out, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

Next Game
COL.gif
Avalanche at Red Wings, Sat 10/17, 7:00 PM
Edited by Hockeytown0001

Ozzys GAA needs a boost. I didnt realize it was THAT bad. I see that Babcock is absolutely against splitting up Leino and Filppula which is probably a good idea, but I think throwing Williams and Bertuzzi with Z on the first line is a bad idea. Really hope it works out.

Whoohooo first one our boys come out pissed and take no prisoners i feel sorry for LA our maybe its wishful thinking on my part either way im feeling a 5-2 wings victory and settling LGW down for at least a couple days .

I hope we win by that much. Kopitar's line is looking amazing, but I think if we can control them from crashing the net and getting those sloppy goals then we should be fine.

I really hope Datsyuk can go tonight, because the though of Williams on the first line is frightening. I would rather see Babcock split up Filppula and Leino and risk losing the chemistry they have than see Jason Williams AND Todd Bertuzzi on the first line, YUK.

Ozzys GAA needs a boost. I didnt realize it was THAT bad. I see that Babcock is absolutely against splitting up Leino and Filppula which is probably a good idea, but I think throwing Williams and Bertuzzi with Z on the first line is a bad idea. Really hope it works out.

Well I gotta say Bertuzzi has been playing fine defensively so I see no problem keeping him there instead of Leino. Williams though, wow! I thought Babs would move Cleary up. Of course, Williams has been hot lately so we'll see how he does.

Well I gotta say Bertuzzi has been playing fine defensively so I see no problem keeping him there instead of Leino. Williams though, wow! I thought Babs would move Cleary up. Of course, Williams has been hot lately so we'll see how he does.

Yeah I think Bertuzzi has looked pretty good with Pavel and Hank but with Williams on the other wing, Im really hoping they both dont get lazy and Zetterberg is left with nothing to work with.

Kings played NYR tonight, flying in for the game, Wings are rested and at home, pissed about getting their asses handed to them in Buffalo (hopefully), no excuse not to come out flying and get all over this team. Make it happen, boys.

Edited by AtomicPunk

Kings win 4-3. They get up 4-1 before the Wings score 2 late goals but it's all to no avail.

Prove me wrong boys, prove me wrong. Our line-up looks as weak as it has in a number of years. Look at that 3rd line and give me a convincing argument as to why we're going to win. Doesn't help when our defence isn't interested in defending and we have one of the worst goaltending combinations in the league.

I just hope Flip can keep his mini streak alive and Helm/Abdelkader/Eaves impress. While he's not playing well, if Datsyuk is out we'll need a miracle. Backs to the wall kind of stuff this.

After spending 16 hours marking tests over the last 24 hours I really, really, really need to watch a good Red Wings game. Please Wings? I haven't been able to make it to the gym or do anything but mark. I need this one boys. :P

Kings win 4-3. They get up 4-1 before the Wings score 2 late goals but it's all to no avail.

Prove me wrong boys, prove me wrong. Our line-up looks as weak as it has in a number of years. Look at that 3rd line and give me a convincing argument as to why we're going to win. Doesn't help when our defence isn't interested in defending and we have one of the worst goaltending combinations in the league.

I just hope Flip can keep his mini streak alive and Helm/Abdelkader/Eaves impress. While he's not playing well, if Datsyuk is out we'll need a miracle. Backs to the wall kind of stuff this.

Man, if only your unending faith and over expectations in prospects/recent-NHLers could be transferred to the guys who've already proved themselves. :hehe:

Guest mindfly

First time you predicted a loss eh? ;)

Guest mindfly
Is it me only, or does anyone else think the Kings should go back to their roots with this crown LosAngelesKingsCrown.png

and go back to their gold/purple uniforms from the 70's/80's?

IMHO those were some sweet/unique jerseys :thumbup:

So they'll look like L.A Lakers? :hehe:

Current Streaks

Regular Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game losing streak

Home: 2-game winning streak.

Streaks vs. Los Angeles

Overall: 4-game winning streak (1 shutout, 1 overtime)

Home: 2-game winning streak.

Last Ten Games

Regular Season

Overall: 2W-3L.

Home: 2W-1L.

Historical vs. Los Angeles

Regular Season

Overall: 8W-2L

Home: 9W-1L.

Record on this Date

October 15

This is the 29th game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 28 games:

11W-12L-5T.