• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WpgMikos

Todd Bertuzzi wonders why he ever drove away from Motown in the first

Rate this topic

say what you want about plus minus being a misleading fact, but the fact remains that he is last on the team in that stat. sure its a small sample size, so lets look at last year... last year, he was worst on the flames in that stat as well.

what it tells me is that he must not be too good in his zone to end up a minus all the time. sure players are always victim to someones elses bad plays, but that generally averages itself over time.

please, go ask a calgary fan if they want him back or think he was a good player for them. sure he might put up 40ish points, but many players have been hated while producing at that level. think about guys like lang. thats why i thought that old thread was so apt.

right now bertuzzi is the 6th ranked forward for scoring. while thats not bad, he's also 7th in atoi just behind williams. so he isn't exactly excelling over the chances he has been given. additionally, 2 of his 5 points are on the PP. getting PP time is always a way to boost your stats compared to others.

anywho, bertuzzi still sucks in my book. having watched him play quite a bit over the last 2 years, i think the bad outweighs the good in his case.

edit: for those that think he will snap out of his snafu with hitting posts and such, calgary waited 82 games last year for him to snap out of it.

Edited by dobbles

say what you want about plus minus being a misleading fact, but the fact remains that he is last on the team in that stat. sure its a small sample size, so lets look at last year... last year, he was worst on the flames in that stat as well.

what it tells me is that he must not be too good in his zone to end up a minus all the time. sure players are always victim to someones elses bad plays, but that generally averages itself over time.

please, go ask a calgary fan if they want him back or think he was a good player for them. sure he might put up 40ish points, but many players have been hated while producing at that level. think about guys like lang. thats why i thought that old thread was so apt.

right now bertuzzi is the 6th ranked forward for scoring. while thats not bad, he's also 7th in atoi just behind williams. so he isn't exactly excelling over the chances he has been given. additionally, 2 of his 5 points are on the PP. getting PP time is always a way to boost your stats compared to others.

anywho, bertuzzi still sucks in my book. having watched him play quite a bit over the last 2 years, i think the bad outweighs the good in his case.

edit: for those that think he will snap out of his snafu with hitting posts and such, calgary waited 82 games last year for him to snap out of it.

Someone is jealous of Bertuzzi's beard. It's ok your not alone.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

lol it's funny the way people change their feelings so fast on this forum. People seem to just go with the flow.

Someone is jealous of Bertuzzi's beard. It's ok your not alone.

hahahahaha!

fwiw, i do grow a pretty awful beard!

i love the wings. i just think bertuzzi was a bad signing. with all the injuries we've had, its great to have an extra body, but i would have preferred keeping a lot for younger players and/or getting 1 player of higher caliber instead of both williams and bertuzzi. the hudler thing kinda messed up the offseason, i just recall there being other guys out there i would have preferred over bert.

and would like to note, i actually support him in regards to the moore incident. just think hes a shell of his former self.

Wonder where all the negative people are now?

You mean the people who hate Bertuzzi? I'm right here. Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I hope he negatively impacts the team. How is that going to do us any good, especially right now? I hope he scores 100 goals or something. Just like SF Giants fans who booed the s*** out of Barry Bonds but didn't want him costing them any games.

Wow! This is the good part about Detroit fans being so flip-flop. I bought a 44 jersey 2 weeks after the trade. I was stoked that I could pull it out of retirement. Love me some Bert. I do remember some nasty talk when he was signed again. As i am sure they wil surface if he gets snake bit.

You mean the people who hate Bertuzzi? I'm right here. Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I hope he negatively impacts the team. How is that going to do us any good, especially right now? I hope he scores 100 goals or something. Just like SF Giants fans who booed the s*** out of Barry Bonds but didn't want him costing them any games.

The people that boo Bonds for the steroids and Bert for his mistake to me are just people that throw stones. Someday someone is gonna throw a stone back at thier glass house and break some damn windows. I am not singling you out, I don't know the reason you "hate" Bert. It just really drives me nuts when people think they make no mistakes, they've done nothing wrong. Ah I could go on all day. I am just glad that my mind is open enough to look past an incident that the media destroyed the character of a person and the american tragedy *****'s at up.

The people that boo Bonds for the steroids and Bert for his mistake to me are just people that throw stones. Someday someone is gonna throw a stone back at thier glass house and break some damn windows. I am not singling you out, I don't know the reason you "hate" Bert. It just really drives me nuts when people think they make no mistakes, they've done nothing wrong. Ah I could go on all day. I am just glad that my mind is open enough to look past an incident that the media destroyed the character of a person and the american tragedy *****'s at up.

:thumbup:

Thank you. It disgusts me how quick our society is to want to tear people down when they make mistakes. It's pathetic and hypocritical in every way.

He's also the 8th highest paid forward on the team, tied with Williams. Take out Franzen, he's 7th, so being 6th in forward scoring is at least slotting him about where he should be.

I definitely agree with another post of yours that he's a shell of his former self, but his former self was the best power forward in the league. At his current state, he can still help a team and I think he's giving the Wings a pretty decent bang for their buck.

He's also the 8th highest paid forward on the team, tied with Williams. Take out Franzen, he's 7th, so being 6th in forward scoring is at least slotting him about where he should be.

I definitely agree with another post of yours that he's a shell of his former self, but his former self was the best power forward in the league. At his current state, he can still help a team and I think he's giving the Wings a pretty decent bang for their buck.

Not only does your avatar give me a warm and cuddly feelingm your statement is right on the money.

Not only does your avatar give me a warm and cuddly feelingm your statement is right on the money.

I'm just trying to be the friendly neighborhood marsupial here!

To me, the key always is having roles for each player, and situating your expectations to those roles. Anyone that is expecting '02 Bertuzzi is kidding themselves. That's just not attainable for him, nor is it his actual role on the team. If Lebda and Rafalski play an equally bad game, then Rafalski is much more disappointing because he has a bigger role and bigger expectations.

I honestly don't think he's playing that great sorry... I've watched every game I could, and to me, he just looks irresponsible in his own end, and sloppy in the other... Lazy passes, lazy effort on the forecheck/backcheck, and he just looks like he doesn't belong. The turnovers, some say are a needless stat, but from what I've been watching... They've been bad turnovers. Turnovers that resolve from trying to do things himself in the neutral zone, and entering the offensive zone. I'm not a big stat guy either, I like to give players credit for everything they do, and look at stats second... But he definitely should not get props for just 5 points in 11 games, with a -6. Considering there are 10 players ahead of him in points, I don't know... I feel he should be no less than 6th on the team in points.

Sorry for being a buzzkill, he just has not impressed me.