• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WpgMikos

New Red Wings advertising slogan

Rate this topic

So I was at last night's game and they handed out these Green posters, which said, ‘Hockeytown, no limits‘ telling fans that they would be used for a NHL commercial.

Hockeytown-300x214.jpg

During the 1st period fans were asked to flash the poster and make some noise.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Today on Mlive.com Malik was talking about the new slogan;

Fans who attended Tuesday's game were asked to hold up cheer cards during a time-out in the first period. The cards featured the Wings logo on a green card that resembled a road sign with "Hockeytown no limits" in white letters. A video of the fans holding up the cards could be used in future commercials for the team.

Just wondering what you guys think of it.

Personally I like it.

Guest micah

It's better than the two runners up, "Hockeytown, no jobs" and "Hockeytown, lock your doors and don't stop at red lights".

Chicago Blackhawk fans are jealous. From their message board:

So, the self proclaimed Hockeytown can not sell out?

Hockeytown should be changed to Fairweathertown. Detoliet always has, and remains a dump.

they're slipping back into the deadwing era.

Det fans are beginning to realize that there team is not the powerhouse that they have been for so long.

The main reason for the attendance woes is that Detroit is a toilet and their fans are terrible.

According to NHL.com there were 19,167.

Link: http://fans.blackhawks.nhl.com/topic/26802...attendance.html

I knew the "HockeyTown" attention from NHL.com would spark pissed off and jealous people around the United States.

Guest Lidstromboli

if random blackhawks fans want to accuse others of being fairweather fans, they should probably check their attendance records from the past decade

if random blackhawks fans want to accuse others of being fairweather fans, they should probably check their attendance records from the past decade

Didn't they have 1000 ppl at one game 3 years ago??

If anyone has one of those signs and wants to sell it to me for a reasonable price, send me an email at jpd88@comcast.net. They look sweet but I couldnt make it to the game and I want one. Has to be in great condition.

Guest Lidstromboli
But green signs? Why not a red sign that says no limit?

the signs being red would kind of defeat the point of them being highway signs.

highway_sign.jpg

The Joe was sold out last night (although there were empty seats, but those tickets were likely sold) against a bad Boston team.

Other team's fans will always continue to try and knock the Wings from the pedastal. After all, they have been up there since 1986/87 (with the exception of 89/90 & 90/91).

And for the Hawks fans....when was the last time they had a parade down the Mile? 1960/61. Good times in the Windy city.

Don't mind if I do.

2010 - 2nd

2009 - 1st

2008 - 19th

2007 - 29th

2006 - 29th

2005 -

2004 - 27th

2003 - 24th

2002 - 23rd

2001 - 24th

Didn't they have 1000 ppl at one game 3 years ago??

:blink: if true, yikes...

As recently as 2006-07, the Hawks drew 12,727 per. They fail for calling anyone bandwagon except maybe Pens fans.

I like these BTW. Like someone else said, beats 97% of what comes from our marketing people.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I think alot of you guys will like them, until ya realize that all those green signs are gonna make the joe look like a leprechaun's wet dream.

Granted there's not many NHL teams with a claim to green (Minnesota, Dallas, SJ? only that come to mind).

Funny how the Wings have "fallen off" according to those brilliant Hawks fans and yet the Wings are a whole two points behind their powerhouse team. With all the new players, injuries, the flu, a trip to Sweden, five games out West ... and the Red Wings are two points out of first place.

The Western Conference goes through Hockeytown. (I mean Detroit, the place where the best hockey is played).