riples187h.png
91412_feature.jpg
DET Chris Osgood
6-2-2, 2.54 GAA, .910 SV %, 1 SO

94121_feature.jpg
TOR Vesa Toskala
0-2-2, 5.13 GAA, .836 SV %, 0 SO

riples187i.png
DET Brad May (right eye) day-to-day, Valtteri Filppula (broken wrist) out, Johan Franzen (torn ACL) out,
Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

TOR Mike Van Ryn (left knee) out, Tim Brent (undisclosed) out

Next Game
CLB.gif
11/11, Red Wings at Blue Jackets; Nationwide Arena, 7:00 PM
Edited by Hockeytown0001

With Chicago's OTL to the out-of-nowhere-powerhouse Avs tonight, the Wings can jump them and possibly the BJs for tops in the division with a win against the hapless Leafs. Probably not, though, as those Jackets are playing the even more hapless Hurricanes, but fingers crossed.

That's one of the surprises in the NHL this year so far. I never expected Carolina to be doing this bad.

I doubt Gustavsson will be playing Saturday given that he won the game tonight :) Back-to-backs pretty much guarantee you get to see the back-up. I'm excited to see them shoot on Toskla.

Can't wait for this game! I'm hoping Leino gets some PP time and some time up on the 2nd line to replace Williams (who was crap last game). Leino was buzzing last game he just didn't convert (see: Bertuzzi).

Let's go Wings! I'll be marking tests all day tomorrow so this game will be a much needed break (assuming the boys keep playing like the have been lately).

I would like to think this should be an easy game for the Wings, but they only seem to play well against higher ranked teams. We'll see what happens

Still no (NHL) games at Ustream, that era is said and done. Last game streaming went well, not many viewers so hopefully it picks up a bit. You should know where to find the link ;)

Edited by drumnj

With Chicago's OTL to the out-of-nowhere-powerhouse Avs tonight, the Wings can jump them and possibly the BJs for tops in the division with a win against the hapless Leafs. Probably not, though, as those Jackets are playing the even more hapless Hurricanes, but fingers crossed.

Have a feeling the tables are going to turn for the Avs and Canes here pretty soon.

As someone who unfortunately lives in the middle of Leafs Nation, I'm praying that we blow them out. Having to suffer through the Wings' mediocre performances against the Leafs two years in a row was torture- although the Cup win in there eased the pain. If the Wings can win this one, maybe I can stop yelling "1967!!!! 1967!!!" at every Leafs fan who opens their mouth.

Wow this is going to be nice to see Ron Wilson behind the bench, the frustration on his face as he's losing to Detroit AGAIN (between him and "Q" idk who I like seeing lose more) and doing it while coaching the sorry maple loafs..

Wings win 3-1.

:thumbup:

Wings/Leafs. Doesn't get any better than that. Plus it's Hall Of Fame weekend. Yzerman, Hull, Robitaille. The inductees will be introduced before the game, ceremonial puck drop, and I'm sure interviewed as well. I'll be recording the game on both FSD and CBC. Should be a fun night.

Wings 4

Leafs 2

Guest mindfly

Are you sure gustavsson will play? not that common to use the same goalie in back-to-back games :S

I doubt Gustavsson will be playing Saturday given that he won the game tonight :) Back-to-backs pretty much guarantee you get to see the back-up. I'm excited to see them shoot on Toskla.

Can't wait for this game! I'm hoping Leino gets some PP time and some time up on the 2nd line to replace Williams (who was crap last game). Leino was buzzing last game he just didn't convert (see: Bertuzzi).

Let's go Wings! I'll be marking tests all day tomorrow so this game will be a much needed break (assuming the boys keep playing like the have been lately).

Updated. Toskala's a sieve but for some reason plays well against Detroit. Here's hoping that streak ends tonight :thumbup:

Was about to write about these two things,but D_M already did. So I'll just QFMFT it.

I think I'll head into Toronto and watch this one at the Moose only because I always enjoy watching the faces of Leaf fans when they get the privilege of watching a real hockey team play.

My matchup of the night:

Draper/Helm/Eaves vs. Kessel/Mitchell/Blake

I hope camera technology can keep up with these guys on the ice. Should be a dandy!

Wings - 19

Leafs - 1

I'm relatively sure it'll be Gustavsson in there tonight. He's the only one they trust.

Leafs lines:

Blake - Mitchell - Kessel

Ponikarovsky - Grabovski - Kulemin

Hagman - Stajan - Stempniak

Wallin - Primeau - Orr

Kaberle - Komisarek

Beauchemin - Finger

Schenn - White

Gustavsson

Toskala

Edited by MacK_Attack

Current Streaks

Regular Season Streaks

Overall: 3-game winning streak

Road: 1-game winning streak.

Streaks vs. Toronto

Overall: 2-game losing streak (1 overtime)

Road: 2-game losing streak (1 overtime).

Last Ten Games

Regular Season

Overall: 5W-2L-1OTL-2SOL.

Road: 2W-3L-1OTL-1SOL.

Regular Season vs. Toronto

Regular Season

Overall: 5W-2L-1T-2OTL.

Road: 5W-2L-2T-1OTL.

Record on this Date

November 7

This is the 28th game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 27 games:

11W-10L-6T.

LGW.