• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/12 GDT: Canucks 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Wow! This was such an awesome night! As I mentioned earlier I won a contest from the Official Detroit Red Wings Twitter, and they were so good to me haha. I met Yzerman and Kocur! Kocur was hilarious, and making small talk with Stevie was awesome. I wished him good luck with the Olympics, and he gave me the most nervous/unsure face ever haha. Aside from that they allowed me to have front row seats right behind Larry Murphy for the second period. And on top of all of that the wings and Howard won back to back games! What a night!

Notes:

+ Jimmy Howard stopped 31/32 shots to collect his second victory in as many nights.

+ Drew Miller made his Red Wings debut, logging nearly twelve minutes of ice-time.

+ Defenseman Brad Stuart recorded his first multi-point game of the season.

+ With the victory (9-5-3), the Red Wings moved into 6th place in the Western Conference.

+ Niklas Kronwall continued his torrid pace notching his 5th goal of the season.

Wow! This was such an awesome night! As I mentioned earlier I won a contest from the Official Detroit Red Wings Twitter, and they were so good to me haha. I met Yzerman and Kocur! Kocur was hilarious, and making small talk with Stevie was awesome. I wished him good luck with the Olympics, and he gave me the most nervous/unsure face ever haha. Aside from that they allowed me to have front row seats right behind Larry Murphy for the second period. And on top of all of that the wings and Howard won back to back games! What a night!

Fantastic :thumbup:

Canucks did seem to outplay Detroit in the beginning... Bert really needs to shoot...

I was screaming at the TV all night when Bert got the puck.

He's had some great games, but tonight he was awful. He did pretty much the opposite of what he should have done every time he had the puck.

Haha I was reading through some of their gameday thread and found this post by "DirtyHarry":

Freakin Kronwall......I need a wall of kron after this game if you know what i mean.

lol anyway good win for us, Howard really impressed me as he did everyone, just needs to keep this kind of play up.

Canucks played a solid game, I really think Howard was the difference maker in this one for sure.

had class, missed this one, Back2back wins.... nicccceeee.

Howard looks to be in NHL form at the moment, hope he can keep it up.

Watched the highlights, that Zata goal was be u tee full

GO WINGS!!!!!

Edited by Yak19

You can see why the wings have not given up on Howard. He's big in net, has good pad coverage down low, and, tonight at least, challenged the shooters. He reminds me of a raw Gigueire. His weaknesses are rebounds and puck handling. Regardless, tonight he outplayed Luongo

I was screaming at the TV all night when Bert got the puck.

He's had some great games, but tonight he was awful. He did pretty much the opposite of what he should have done every time he had the puck.

Bert is an enigma rapped in a riddle. He skating and back-checking better than he ever has in his career. Of course he still flounders in his own end, but that's to be expected to a point.

The thing that completely baffles me is how does a power forward goal scorer completely lose his shooting touch? Obviously he still has some hands, but shot selection and timing have completely left him. It's kinda weird, actually.

Agreed. Since the offense won't bail them out of anything as it did last year, defense is especially key, and they've been all over that the past few games (with the exception of Toronto).

Agreed. And really, we can expect mistakes like Toronto-- they won't be the best team every night, we weren't in 07-08 either. But if they play like the have the last 6 games for the rest of the year all is well again :)

Bert is an enigma rapped in a riddle. He skating and back-checking better than he ever has in his career. Of course he still flounders in his own end, but that's to be expected to a point.

The thing that completely baffles me is how does a power forward goal scorer completely lose his shooting touch? Obviously he still has some hands, but shot selection and timing have completely left him. It's kinda weird, actually.

I want to say it's confidence but I just don't know...

If I was Vancouver, I'd be pissed. They definately carried the play for most of the night.

Yeah, but they didn't have that many great chances and they didn't bury the ones they had in the 1st. This win was solid goaltending + an offensively challenged team.

These last 2 games have been a joy to watch, keep up the good work Red Wings. Nothing to complain about here, team was coming off back to back and grinded out a solid victory. Even though they didn't dominate the whole game they hung in there and a win is a win. Major props to Jimmy Howard, I and many others have had serious doubts about this kid but there is simply no denying he has been solid in these last 2 games (especially tonight he was SPECTACTULAR!).

And one more thing, sick goal by Zetterberg. Haven't seen him do something so special in a long time.

Just re-watching last 10 minutes of 3rd. Zetterberg/Datsyuk & Holmstrom were on for almost entire 2 minutes of powerplay on the Ehrhoff hooking call.

Great game. Another good game by Howard.