• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Inultus

Lidstrom with worst shooting percentage - just sad

Rate this topic

Lidstrom's shooting percentage is 1.1%, that's just plain sad. Of players that have played any significant number of games he is dead last, excepting May, but if we have to start comparing May and Lidstrom something is really wrong.

I know that he's hurt, but still...

when Lebda and Meech are scoring more than your #1 defenseman we need a change. I don't know what the deal is, but he is playing 25 minutes a game and I just can't believe he only has 1 goal after playing in every single game this year.

Edited by Inultus

It's so crazy to see him struggle like this. I remember a game a while back when he had rang two off the post. Both on the PP I believe. I thought his offense might start coming around at that point, but it hasn't.

teams don't have much to fear in front of the net/down low, so they're closing in on the point and shutting down his shooting lane, giving up the pass... things will change once Zetterberg is back and really ramp up once Franzen's big body is back out front - count on it...

Nick has looked different the last two games (in a good way). I don't know if any of you noticed, but he got 1/2 a step back the last two games. And no, it's not just that we were playing Columbus. Nick will finish the season strong. Watch.

Nick has looked different the last two games (in a good way). I don't know if any of you noticed, but he got 1/2 a step back the last two games. And no, it's not just that we were playing Columbus. Nick will finish the season strong. Watch.

Lidstrom looked awful in the 3rd period and in OT last night. When he led the rush up ice then completely missed the net on his shot I thought I was watching Lebda for a second.

The reason our PP stinks right now is because he's not getting pucks through the way he has in the past. His one-timer is useless right now, where it's always been deadly before. Defensively, he still looks pretty good.

He seriously needs to take a vision test.

Guest mindfly
The reason our PP stinks right now is because he's not getting pucks through the way he has in the past. His one-timer is useless right now, where it's always been deadly before. Defensively, he still looks pretty good.

He seriously needs to take a vision test.

.....Or be honest with the team and to media and announce that he has been battling elbow tendinitis for a few years and still has it and therefore can't perform to the best of his abilities and causes pain when she shoots and also affect his accuracy and power in the slapshot.

Now he just told he has had tendinitis but it's alot better and he will be fine.... He's not being honest to us fans

Edited by mindfly

nick's hurt??

not hurt. old. his shot isnt that hard anymore. that and the game has changed. point shots are not much of a threat in the new nhl with every team practicing blocking. they to start setting up that tip from about 10-15 feet out off wrist shots, but they wont and we will keep getting shut out.

teams don't have much to fear in front of the net/down low, so they're closing in on the point and shutting down his shooting lane, giving up the pass... things will change once Zetterberg is back and really ramp up once Franzen's big body is back out front - count on it...

I agree. Plus, his shot has declined quite a bit.

not hurt. old. his shot isnt that hard anymore. that and the game has changed. point shots are not much of a threat in the new nhl with every team practicing blocking. they to start setting up that tip from about 10-15 feet out off wrist shots, but they wont and we will keep getting shut out.

You don't go from 3rd in defenseman scoring to 228th after a few months, period.

Lidstrom's shooting percentage is 1.1%, that's just plain sad. Of players that haven't played any significant number of games he is dead last, excepting May, but if we have to start comparing May and Lidstrom something is really wrong.

I know that he's hurt, but still...

when Lebda and Meech are scoring more than your #1 defenseman we need a change. I don't know what the deal is, but he is playing 25 minutes a game and I just can't believe he only has 1 goal after playing in every single game this year.

I was there to see his only goal in the 3rd game against Chicago....it was an attempted pass that hit John Madden's skate and went past Huet. I still can't believe he only has 1 goal on the year. Maybe the tendinitis is really having an effect on him, and who knows, maybe he's still feeling the effect of being speared between the legs. I already know what its like to be merely bumped there in the wrong way, but I could never imagine the pain of actually being speared there. You can't not consider the possibility that he's still experiencing pain from that.

Guest E_S_A_D
what you just said is he is the most effective....just sayin....

Good catch; E_S_A_D *Shoots and SCOOORES THE double negative!*

.....Or be honest with the team and to media and announce that he has been battling elbow tendinitis for a few years and still has it and therefore can't perform to the best of his abilities and causes pain when she shoots and also affect his accuracy and power in the slapshot.

Now he just told he has had tendinitis but it's alot better and he will be fine.... He's not being honest to us fans

Have you ever watched Nick Lidstrom?

He's far too humble to make excuses, nor does he owe us anything regarding potential injuries. What does admitting that the elbow is bothering him prove? A reason for you to call him "done" and to retire or ESAD to blast into him as a captain?

Would I like to see Nick score some goals? Absolutely. I would like to see any guy in red and white bury a few more right now. However, let's not forget he is still logging 25-30 minutes per game and the defense/penalty kill has been excellent thanks to Nick and Stuart. I'm more concerned that none of our forwards can score goals besides Homer and Bertuzzi.

He's far too humble to make excuses, nor does he owe us anything regarding potential injuries. What does admitting that the elbow is bothering him prove? A reason for you to call him "done" and to retire or ESAD to blast into him as a captain?

Would I like to see Nick score some goals? Absolutely. I would like to see any guy in red and white bury a few more right now. However, let's not forget he is still logging 25-30 minutes per game and the defense/penalty kill has been excellent thanks to Nick and Stuart. I'm more concerned that none of our forwards can score goals besides Homer and Bertuzzi.

Well Put. :thumbup:

Guest micah

The fact that Lids takes up 25 minutes of ice time every night makes it even harder to swallowthat he still only has 1 goal. He isn't Brad May - he's in the lineup to contribute in a big way on offense and defense. He isn't doing what's expected of him. He needs to play Lidstrom level hockey or stop making Lidstrom level money. He was great and that's awesome, but he hasn't been great this year. He needs to snap the f*** out of it and soon. There is no nicer way to put it. He is a great player, now he needs to play great hockey.