Rate this topic

Not true. Save % regular season

2008-2009 .887

2005-2006 .897

2002-2003 .894

1993-1994 .895

Ozzie is at .897 this year

His best year was 1994-1995 when he was .917

He's a lifetime .906 regular season and .916 playoffs which is good but not great.

I'm not an Ozzie hater but I hate it when people on here get the facts wrong.

Facts? You just quoted save percentage to me, a single stat, to suggest that I'm wrong. What you just did is called "cherry-picking facts," and it utterly fails at addressing the whole of the matter.

None of this correlates to what has transpired.

Osgood is cold. Very cold. Going up against a team that in their last ten games scored 43 goals. That is a 4.3 GFA. They are hot. Very hot.

Osgood's not feeling like he isn't being appreciated. He feels like both him and Howard are not being played to their potential. First Howard gets almost no starts. Now Osgood is getting no starts. If Osgood shuts out the Capitals will it be a month where Howard goes back to riding the bench? Osgood's media comments shouldn't have been said, but at the same time he isn't doing it to prop himself up.

^TOTALLY AGREE.^

Oh, Babcock definitely did something...some people might call it the wrong thing. Certain coaches may excel at managing many parts of the game. Some such at others. Goaltending management has never been Babcock's strength, especially as a Wings coach. This shouldn't be hard to recall...

What exactly did Babcock do wrong?

I don't agree with him talking to the press about it but he is frustrated, anyone would be in his position right now. Hope he plays a great game today.

Just hope he stops telling the media about how he feels. It's not a good thing to do especially given the situation the wings are in (trying to get a playoff spot and all)

That being said, I LOVE YOUUU OZZIE. GO GET 'EM TIGER!

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Oh, Babcock definitely did something...some people might call it the wrong thing. Certain coaches may excel at managing many parts of the game. Some such at others. Goaltending management has never been Babcock's strength, especially as a Wings coach. This shouldn't be hard to recall...

It's not Babcock's fault that Ozzie played poorly and to blame it on him is laughable. Babcock's goaltending management is poor? What about in the '08 playoffs when Dom was obviously struggling and he put in Ozzie and then left him in? I suppose that was a poor choice.

Show me what Babcock did and how it was his fault. Am I missing some grand conspiracy theory?

Guest Howard He Do It?!
For clarification, I hope Ozzie kicks ass tonight!

Does anyone think otherwise? I guess it depends on who you ask. :P

Should be Howard because Osgood is finished. :ph34r:

classic Bullspit right there......But your hoping to see him as our playoff goalie? :thumbup:

I don't like seeing players on my team openly criticize the head coach. Especially in the Red Wing's situation.

In the end its his fault. If we do poorly the coach takes the crap... If we do good the coach takes the praise..... so if anyone deserves a bit of crap.....Id say Babcock is one of those people. the coach is not immune to harsh words...despite what you may think.

Win as a team, Lose as a team. A Red Wing is a Red Wing... No difference if you wear a suit, or a uniform. If he can't get this group motivated, That's not on Osgood.

classic Bullspit right there......But your hoping to see him as our playoff goalie? :thumbup:

In the end its his fault. If we do poorly the coach takes the crap... If we do good the coach takes the praise..... so if anyone deserves a bit of crap.....Id say Babcock is one of those people. the coach is not immune to harsh words...despite what you may think.

Win as a team, Lose as a team. A Red Wing is a Red Wing... No difference if you wear a suit, or a uniform. If he can't get this group motivated, That's not on Osgood.

Ok my post was cleary sarcastic. I even had the smiley!

And I'm not saying Babcock shouldn't be immune to criticism. I just don't think a player should ever criticize a coach publicly, especially one that has the credentials as Babcock.

Ok my post was cleary sarcastic. I even had the smiley!

And I'm not saying Babcock shouldn't be immune to criticism. I just don't think a player should ever criticize a coach publicly, especially one that has the credentials as Babcock.

I see your point ..But Babcock is NOT ALL THAT as a head coach.

He's good.......But not great..not yet.

His credentials??? as what? a coach who has lost in 2 out of 3 Stanley Cup Finals...

Looks as if he lacks motivational skills

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

His credentials??? as what? a coach who has lost in 2 out of 3 Stanley Cup Finals...

3 SCF is quite the accomplishment. What would you rather have Quenville?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

It's not like he got swept in those Finals. Both went to game 7's. Also, did anyone think Anaheim would make it to the Finals let alone to a game 7?

3 SCF is quite the accomplishment. What would you rather have Quenville?

Yes it is..... but losing 2 says nothing about being there.... He was the 1st loser 2 out of 3 times.

It's not like he got swept in those Finals. Both went to game 7's. Also, did anyone think Anaheim would make it to the Finals let alone to a game 7?

and yes I did after they beat us one year out of winning the cup. They had talent.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
There isn't another coach in the league I'd rather have than Osgood. That's all I know.

Do you know something that I don't?

There isn't another coach in the league I'd rather have than Babcock**. That's all I know.

Yeah right I know your a closet Bylsma fan! :ph34r:

I will never question the fact that you are a awesome Wings fan...

we just have "minor" differences in opinion.

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Ozzy is clearly just looking to fill the wily old man role we haven't had since Hasek left.

Anyway, I can see the point in what he said. IMO, we're on track to burn Howard out like many of the recent rookie standout goalies... it would be good to get Ozzy a game every 4-5, more if he plays great. But Ozzy still shouldn't have said it.