• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nev

Osgood v Babcock round 2

Rate this topic

So what you're saying is that we should be happy about the comments? Or just that Osgood, because he's "likeable" should get a free pass from not playing up to par AND acting like an unprofessional joke?

I'm not saying he should get a pass at all.

But maybe someone who has demonstrated a lot of teamspirit and dedication to the organisation shouldn't be portrayed like the newest persona non grata in Detroit.

As far as "one of our own," it seems that it is Osgood that is turning this into an "us vs him" type of thing with these comments. If he'd shut up, things wouldn't be nearly as bad. Now this is going beyond just a slump, to him making very poor and unprofessional choices. Repeatedly.

"Fans" who are bashing him are making this "us vs him" .

It's out of context.

I'm interested in your opinion as one of the big Osgood supporters here. How do you justify this:

Asked if the loss is tougher to take because the team is desperate for points, Osgood said, “I got him (Babcock) a lot of points. I got him to the (Stanley Cup) finals twice.''

He is right. He got him a lot of points and to the Stanley Cup finals twice.

But it's absolutely a dumb thing to say. Without a doubt.

But why can't we all agree about that and move on ?

What's with all the sudden (and to be frank, quite intense) hatred ?

Out of frustration, Chris Osgood said something incredibly stupid.

He shouldn't have done that and most likely he's aware of that as well.

Let's leave it at that.

Edited by interminded

But maybe someone who has demonstrated a lot of teamspirit and dedication to the organisation shouldn't be portrayed like the newest persona non grata in Detroit.

It's out of context.

Let's leave it at that.

I don't think he is that aware of it because he continues to do it. Yeah he may be frustrated but the majority of the posters on here would prefer if he kept his comments to himself or if he feels he needs to comment like this then he better play his ass off when he is in there.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
I just don't see it as a big deal. Or controversial for that matter.

I think the sole reason why it draws this much attention is the fact that it was Chris Osgood who said it. We didn't expect him to say stuff like that.

But I'm cool with his remarks.

Not because it's Chris Osgood, but because it's a human response. A stupid one, but we've all made that mistake, right ??

Some people wouldn't have said anything in this situation, some would have said something, others would have made the biggest stink in the world.

You might not find it a big deal or controversial, but a lot of other people do. It's not everyday a Red Wings player speaks out to the press in such a negative way like Ozzie has. Ozzie had the excuse train rolling before the game and after the game.

It's out of context.

Let's leave it at that.

My personal feelings towards Osgood are closer to frustration and incredulity then hatred.

In my opinion, the Wings have done a lot for Osgood. Obviously Osgood has been there for the Wings too, and I'm grateful for that. But he has played behind some stacked teams that inflated his numbers. That's not a knock against Osgood, it's just a fact.

Of course, in turn Osgood has played well enough to win, for little money and been perfect for the Wings because of his attitude. He was the perfect team guy, he had an amazing attitude where he would do anything and play in any role. He battled hard, and despite not being the most skilled guy, has had success because of who he is as a person and how he treats his job. I don't think you can deny, he's not a guy who's overflowing with raw talent.

Now, for whatever reason, his attitude has completely changed, and he's no longer willing to do whatever is necessary. As his comments clearly show, he thinks it's all about him. And I have to disagree with you, he didn't mis-speak. It's happened too many times recently, and if you look at some of the reports, he knows what he's saying. It's not a slip out. He says things like "you can write that down". He's not stupid. He's been around long enough that I don't buy it.

I guess what the problem boils down to, is that without the at attitude he used to have, Osgood is nothing. Not only that, but it's annoying as hell to see his lack of appreciation for a team that made his career. Let's be honest, interminded. Osgood might have had a reasonable career without the Wings, but nothing like this.

With these comments not only is he not helping the Wings, he's making things worse. It's like suddenly he thinks that the Wings never did anything for him, it's HIM that's the reason they've won.

So yes, it's not hatred. I'm just completely incredulous that he could be so stupid.

Sorry Ozzie, but you're really starting to piss me off now.

When I started this thread, I didn't really comment, waiting to see how the game turned out. But now, I got a simple 2-step solution to your problem Chris.

1) Shut the f*** up

2) Outplay Howard

Example 1 ......

Wow, the veteran goaltender showing the newcomer the ropes!

A previously unheard-of concept.

I know you love Osgood but I do wish you'd stop whining when people call for him to play the way we all know he's capable of playing.

Consistency has always been Osgood's problem.

When he's on, he is brilliant. When he's cold, he can be flat out horrible. You learn to take the bad with the good.

Yup Yup

wow, a lot of saints on this board.. free of sin, eh ?

Ozzie said something he probably shouldn't have. Not smart.

Yes, he is frustrated.

And each and every one of us would be as well, being in that same situation.

But how on earth does this little mishap turn into the resurrection of Claude Lemieux, disguised as Christoper Osgood ?

What's wrong with everybody ?

We turn on one of the most likeable guys in the NHL, because he said something stupid ?

One of our own, nonetheless ???

You gotta be kidding me with this.

Thank you

It just pisses me off that he yaps and yaps to the press and then doesn't turn in a great performance. Obviously it's on a much larger scale, but when Messier guaranteed his team would win, he backed it up with great play. What do people want? For Osgood to be given the starting role back and then drive the team into the ground? I'm all for liking our players, but a team isn't about one person. Doing what's best for the team is most important, in my opinion.

Boy all the Fact mongers here want stats straight and "numbers are what counts" except when a frustrated player speaks about the truth eh? I can't wait for Howard to tire out... when he's used up this year, I can see the threads now.. "Howard played too much..." or "Babcock burned out Howard"

Osgood was right.... if you all can't swallow it...Oh well.... But when a guy isnt playing top notch you dont sit him all year then make him your playoff starter..-provided we make it that far.....

Howard has it going on and noone is taking that away from him..... But jeez people... Stop being assholes eh? taking out your frustrations on a guy who isnt playing a lot now? your starting to sink to levels I won't go to... sorry, that makes no sense.....

Boy all the Fact mongers here want stats straight and "numbers are what counts" except when a frustrated player speaks about the truth eh? I can't wait for Howard to tire out... when he's used up this year, I can see the threads now.. "Howard played too much..." or "Babcock burned out Howard"

Osgood was right.... if you all can't swallow it...Oh well.... But when a guy isnt playing top notch you dont sit him all year then make him your playoff starter..-provided we make it that far.....

Howard has it going on and noone is taking that away from him..... But jeez people... Stop being assholes eh? taking out your frustrations on a guy who isnt playing a lot now? your starting to sink to levels I won't go to... sorry, that makes no sense.....

When you repeatedly say stupid things to the press, you deserve whats coming to you. Ozzie is making himself an individual. He has no one to blame for any backlash but himself. He sounds like a whiny ***** who spilled punch on her prom dress. What do you expect. His play sucks and his attitude sucks even more... exactly which part of him are people supposed to embrace right now? Past accolades? Not when the season is underway and we are on the outside looking in. Sorry.

On a more optimistic note... perhaps its all a grand plan to keep the focus off Howard. Osgood and Babcock are probably giggling as they come up with Osgood's next quote.

Edited by Broken 16

When you repeatedly say stupid things to the press, you deserve whats coming to you. Ozzie is making himself an individual. He has no one to blame for any backlash but himself. He sounds like a whiny ***** who spilled punch on her prom dress. What do you expect. His play sucks and his attitude sucks even more... exactly which part of him are people supposed to embrace right now? Past accolades? Not when the season is underway and we are on the outside looking in. Sorry.

On a more optimistic note... perhaps its all a grand plan to keep the focus off Howard. Osgood and Babcock are probably giggling as they come up with Osgood's next quote.

I'd say that Mike Babcock played a huge role in making Osgood an "individual" this Season.

His play hasn't sucked. It hasn't been great, but is has not sucked. He wasn't bad last night. He gave up three goals against the highest scoring Team in the League, on a night when he hadn't started a game in a MONTH.

You're confused.

You keep stating that Osgood isn't getting playing time because he's "sucked". You're wrong.

Osgood didn't "suck" against Nashville. He was quite good, actually. Howard got the next Start. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. You get the point.

Osgood was "meh" against Chicago in his last Start. That gained him a MONTH on the bench. He was "meh" last night against the Caps. That will earn him another long stint on the bench.

How much bench time did Howard's suck ass game against Anaheim earn HIM? None. He was right back in there with an OPPORTUNITY to get better, the very next Game. His Crappy game against the Isles? Not a second of bench time. Right back in there again. "Meh" Game against Dallas? Nope. You get the next Game too, kiddo....on the second night of back-to-backs. SUCK ASS Game against Chicago? Okay....we'll give ya a rest. Throw Ozzie to the wolves, and state that this was his "opportunity". When he gives up NO MORE goals against a HIGHER SCORING TEAM than Howard did, and after sitting for a MONTH.....

Howard is right back in there.

This WILL come back. Write it down. This is NOT the way to do things.

Well Hockey players dont age like wine.. they age like Milk and right now Osgood is getting sour sitting on the shelf.. I think he has earned the right to ***** a little.... Noone deserves to sit on a shelf when your apart of a active roster..

Noone deserves to be shelfed and not get into the game then when you do get in and play "OK" you get grilled.... thats BS...

speaking of not playing well and still in the game.. see Lebda.....see Leino (lame-o) anyone else we can add to this list Im sure there is... so until they get shelved for a month .. I dont think the haters should talk much..

As far as what he says to the media.... what is the difference we speak our minds don't we?? this is a free country... Babs is just sour, plain and simple.. he cant get all star performance from this team... and It's pissing him off..

Oh, and for all those who are whining about Osgood mouthing off, and that being a reflection on Osgood, rather than on Babcock:

"RUMOR" HAS IT, (ask around, kiddies.....ask those who "know"), that Yzerman couldn't stand Babs. He retired a year earlier than he intended to, because there was NO WAY he was going to tolerate another year under him. Period.

Ditto Shanny.

Babs "pushed" Cheli out, too.

Now it's Ozzie's turn.

Edited by Outsider

He cant get all star performance from this team... and It's pissing him off..

He's also getting tired of hearing about how the Team is failing to "show up" on so many nights. Getting rather defensive about that, too.

Trade Ozzie. Let him go. He'd be better off.

And the Wings? Well....

We'll see.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Oh, and for all those who are whining about Osgood mouthing off, and that being a reflection on Osgood, rather than on Babcock:

"RUMOR" HAS IT, (ask around, kiddies.....ask those who "know"), that Yzerman couldn't stand Babs. He retired a year earlier than he intended to, because there was NO WAY he was going to tolerate another year under him. Period.

Ditto Shanny.

Babs "pushed" Cheli out, too.

Now it's Ozzie's turn.

Why not just tell us who knows. Why do that stupid "ask around" crap? I'm sure Yzerman retiring had nothing to do with his knees being shot. Cheli pushed himself out with his declining play. That's backed up by the fact that he plays in the AHL now. Really grasping at straws here.

My personal feelings towards Osgood are closer to frustration and incredulity then hatred.

In my opinion, the Wings have done a lot for Osgood. Obviously Osgood has been there for the Wings too, and I'm grateful for that. But he has played behind some stacked teams that inflated his numbers. That's not a knock against Osgood, it's just a fact.

Yes, it IS a knock against Osgood. It's like me saying "Crosby isn't a diver, he just embellishes every time he gets hit." You feel that Osgood's numbers are better than his ability because of the teams he has played on. That's a knock on Osgood.

What other goaltender EVER gets that kind of treatment? I honestly can't think of another goalie who has ever been treated like that, with the "He just did well those years because the team was awesome" like people say about Ozzie.

Yes, Ozzie has played for some great teams. so did Roy, Brodeur, Sawchuk, Dryden, Fuhr, Vernon, Plante, Smith, Hextall, Belfour, and pretty much every other goaltender you can think of that people consider to have been "great" in their time. They all had great teams. Luongo hasn't had great teams; he's also won two playoff series, been named to the NHL second all-star team twice, and stopped a high percentage of low quality shots during his nine season career.

Of course, in turn Osgood has played well enough to win, for little money and been perfect for the Wings because of his attitude. He was the perfect team guy, he had an amazing attitude where he would do anything and play in any role. He battled hard, and despite not being the most skilled guy, has had success because of who he is as a person and how he treats his job. I don't think you can deny, he's not a guy who's overflowing with raw talent.

Now, for whatever reason, his attitude has completely changed, and he's no longer willing to do whatever is necessary. As his comments clearly show, he thinks it's all about him. And I have to disagree with you, he didn't mis-speak. It's happened too many times recently, and if you look at some of the reports, he knows what he's saying. It's not a slip out. He says things like "you can write that down". He's not stupid. He's been around long enough that I don't buy it.

Osgood has answered questions about being sat for a dozen consecutive games, for a month between starts. I've already addressed the fact that Howard took over the starting job when Osgood went out with the flu. Including games Osgood played while sick (such as the Toronto game) Osgood had 12 starts in the Wings' first 15 games, missed four games while Howard started and Larsson backed up, and Osgood has had seven starts in the 30 games since. Howard has played extremely well, but Osgood has not played poorly given that the majority of his games came when the Wings were an NHL roster playing at an AHL level rather than an AHL roster playing at an NHL level.

I guess what the problem boils down to, is that without the at attitude he used to have, Osgood is nothing. Not only that, but it's annoying as hell to see his lack of appreciation for a team that made his career. Let's be honest, interminded. Osgood might have had a reasonable career without the Wings, but nothing like this.

With these comments not only is he not helping the Wings, he's making things worse. It's like suddenly he thinks that the Wings never did anything for him, it's HIM that's the reason they've won.

So yes, it's not hatred. I'm just completely incredulous that he could be so stupid.

Let's be straight for a second. Osgood joined the Wings when the Wings had a goaltender, Tim Cheveldae, who had been seventh and fifth respectively in Vezina voting the previous two seasons. Osgood had the starting job before the halfway point of the season. Bowman didn't trust a rookie for the playoffs, so before the deadline the Wings traded Steve Chiasson and Cheveldae to get Bob Essensa, who had been a Vezina finalist just two years prior. Osgood took the starting job back by the end of the season.

It's not like Osgood is some chump and the Wings have created this aura around him. He TOOK the starting job in Detroit. He took it by force from Cheveldae, Essensa, and Vernon before Bowman finally relented. And even then, the Wings would later trade for Hasek, sending Osgood to a temporary exile due to the fact he made four times as much as Legace. Osgood would carry an Islanders team that had been the league's worst team the previous year and had changed very little within a game of the second round of the playoffs. The Islanders would eventually trade Osgood to St.Louis to make room for the golden boy, Rick Dipietro. In St. Louis, Osgood would again carry the team, as the Blues would only score 191 goals in 2003-04 yet Osgood would lead them to the playoffs, playing 67 games and winning 31. No team scoring fewer goals made the playoffs, and Dallas would be the only other team to score fewer than 200 and make the postseason.

Osgood didn't win against Washington, and his numbers weren't great. But he did play well. Most fans watching the game thought this for most of the game. Know how I know? The 'fan vote' player of the game was very close between Osgood and Datsyuk with Filppula as a distant third when they put up the numbers in the third period. Hard to be the player of the game when you're playing poorly. Osgood made quite a few very big saves, and the first two goals were defensive breakdowns that led to, respectively, an open-net one-timer and a top forward with a free shot from below the hash marks. The third goal was a bad line change, which prevented any kind of defensive effort, and Osgood was screened by an opposing forward and his own defenseman.

How some of you are calling any of those 'soft' goals is pure proof that you are either Osgood haters, or simply Wing haters.

I know Osgood hasn't played his best this season, but I completely agree with him. He needs to get more starts than he is getting to get/stay in rhythm. If Howard starts to fail and then they bring in Osgood to take over and he is cold they risk missing the playoffs for sure.

Guest Shoreline
Hahaha. You're kidding right? We played when of our best games all season. We only gave up 3. Yes 3. Shots in the first period. And the scapegoat thing, well that's becomming a scapegoat. I've come around to Ozzie the last few years, realized I was wrong. But this commenting to the media is for another team, not here in Detroit. Secondly, at what point is it okay to say, we need the points and Howard seems to get them? Ozzie played plenty early on in the season and when Jimmy got his chance, he made good with it (so far at least). Are we supposed to punish him and potentially our chances of making the playoffs because Ozzie has a better resume? As the cliche goes, "What have you done for me lately."

So game over after the first period? Wings win! Oh wait, there's two more you're forgetting. It's a common complaint that the Wings badly outshoot a team and lose -- sometimes it's actually valid.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
How some of you are calling any of those 'soft' goals is pure proof that you are either Osgood haters, or simply Wing haters.

This is pure proof that you are an Ozzie slappy. That second goal was another weak 5-hole goal that we are seeing on a consistent basis. Sometimes a goalie has to make a save after a defensive breakdown. Every NHL goaltender has to deal with it.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

How is bringing in Ozzie later costing them points worse than bringing him now and costing them points.

If your notion is he needs games to warm up, the wings don't have those games right now, hence Howard playing.

Please remember all Babs has ever said about this is that Howard gives the team a better shot to win, this whole Babs hates him/driving him out of town/players hate Babs/etc.. it is all made up on LGW.

Nobody on here is in the KNOW like many profess to be.

If Ozzie and his fans are upset that Howard is getting the starts, too bad.

Ozzie played well last night, I thought, one semi bad goal, but again I like to credit Backstrom for what he did so really no bad goals.

BTW I have never seen proof of Yzerman, Shanny, or Cheli (Who never bit his tongue) blame babs for their exit! All of them said it was time for others to have there time with the team. And even if they did, one of the most hated coaches was Bowman, whatever it takes Babs has got 4 50 win seasons out of this bunch, more than any other coach.

Yes, it IS a knock against Osgood. It's like me saying "Crosby isn't a diver, he just embellishes every time he gets hit." You feel that Osgood's numbers are better than his ability because of the teams he has played on. That's a knock on Osgood.

What other goaltender EVER gets that kind of treatment? I honestly can't think of another goalie who has ever been treated like that, with the "He just did well those years because the team was awesome" like people say about Ozzie.

Yes, Ozzie has played for some great teams. so did Roy, Brodeur, Sawchuk, Dryden, Fuhr, Vernon, Plante, Smith, Hextall, Belfour, and pretty much every other goaltender you can think of that people consider to have been "great" in their time. They all had great teams. Luongo hasn't had great teams; he's also won two playoff series, been named to the NHL second all-star team twice, and stopped a high percentage of low quality shots during his nine season career.

Osgood has answered questions about being sat for a dozen consecutive games, for a month between starts. I've already addressed the fact that Howard took over the starting job when Osgood went out with the flu. Including games Osgood played while sick (such as the Toronto game) Osgood had 12 starts in the Wings' first 15 games, missed four games while Howard started and Larsson backed up, and Osgood has had seven starts in the 30 games since. Howard has played extremely well, but Osgood has not played poorly given that the majority of his games came when the Wings were an NHL roster playing at an AHL level rather than an AHL roster playing at an NHL level.

Let's be straight for a second. Osgood joined the Wings when the Wings had a goaltender, Tim Cheveldae, who had been seventh and fifth respectively in Vezina voting the previous two seasons. Osgood had the starting job before the halfway point of the season. Bowman didn't trust a rookie for the playoffs, so before the deadline the Wings traded Steve Chiasson and Cheveldae to get Bob Essensa, who had been a Vezina finalist just two years prior. Osgood took the starting job back by the end of the season.

It's not like Osgood is some chump and the Wings have created this aura around him. He TOOK the starting job in Detroit. He took it by force from Cheveldae, Essensa, and Vernon before Bowman finally relented. And even then, the Wings would later trade for Hasek, sending Osgood to a temporary exile due to the fact he made four times as much as Legace. Osgood would carry an Islanders team that had been the league's worst team the previous year and had changed very little within a game of the second round of the playoffs. The Islanders would eventually trade Osgood to St.Louis to make room for the golden boy, Rick Dipietro. In St. Louis, Osgood would again carry the team, as the Blues would only score 191 goals in 2003-04 yet Osgood would lead them to the playoffs, playing 67 games and winning 31. No team scoring fewer goals made the playoffs, and Dallas would be the only other team to score fewer than 200 and make the postseason.

Osgood didn't win against Washington, and his numbers weren't great. But he did play well. Most fans watching the game thought this for most of the game. Know how I know? The 'fan vote' player of the game was very close between Osgood and Datsyuk with Filppula as a distant third when they put up the numbers in the third period. Hard to be the player of the game when you're playing poorly. Osgood made quite a few very big saves, and the first two goals were defensive breakdowns that led to, respectively, an open-net one-timer and a top forward with a free shot from below the hash marks. The third goal was a bad line change, which prevented any kind of defensive effort, and Osgood was screened by an opposing forward and his own defenseman.

Osgood played well? This is where you are delusional. 86% save percentage is poor. Even in the span of a single game. The goals he allows are almost always of the untimely variety. Go ahead and blame defensive breakdowns but that is why the goalie is there. He looks bad, and right now he doesn't have the determination to overcome his rustiness.

Ozzie has bitched and not answered the bell when given a chance. He's failing.

Blame Babcock. Lol. :rolleyes:

Edited by Broken 16

Why not just tell us who knows. Why do that stupid "ask around" crap? I'm sure Yzerman retiring had nothing to do with his knees being shot. Cheli pushed himself out with his declining play. That's backed up by the fact that he plays in the AHL now. Really grasping at straws here.

LOL....Why is it that you're constantly asking for OTHERS to provide answers for you?

It's not exactly a secret, you know. How long have you been watching the Wings, anyway? It was widely discussed.

And regardless of how much Cheli's play declined, (and it did), you do NOT treat a Hall of Famer like a piece of s***. You allow him to go out with dignity. Especially after everything that Cheli brought to the Wings.

You wanna know why the Wings have BEEN so successful? Why they've been able to attract, and KEEP, the types of Players that they attract and keep? Because they have always eschewed the "what have you done for me lately" attitude, and rewarded SERVICE, HISTORY, and DEDICATION to the Winged Wheel, rather than throwing quality veterans who have served well and faithfully under the bus.

Osgood has dealt with years, over a decade, of shoddy treatment by the fans and the Press here in Detroit. ALWAYS without a WORD of complaint.

The fact that he's complaining now is not a reflection on him. It's a reflection on the man who's pushed him to a limit no one EVER would have though possible.

This is pure proof that you are an Ozzie slappy. That second goal was another weak 5-hole goal that we are seeing on a consistent basis. Sometimes a goalie has to make a save after a defensive breakdown. Every NHL goaltender has to deal with it.

So what, exactly, was Osgood supposed to do?

Close his fivehole before Backstrom shot? That's what would have had to happen for him, or Howard, or 99.9% of goalies in the world to have stopped that shot. And guess what? Osgood closes his fivehole and he leaves his left and right sides wide open. There was not much he could do once Stuart let Backstrom walk in and then around him like that.

So what, exactly, was Osgood supposed to do?

Close his fivehole before Backstrom shot? That's what would have had to happen for him, or Howard, or 99.9% of goalies in the world to have stopped that shot. And guess what? Osgood closes his fivehole and he leaves his left and right sides wide open. There was not much he could do once Stuart let Backstrom walk in and then around him like that.

He also has a nasty habit of lifting his stick when he goes down...

His form is piss poor. No sense denying it.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest Howard He Do It?!
LOL....Why is it that you're constantly asking for OTHERS to provide answers for you?

It's not exactly a secret, you know. How long have you been watching the Wings, anyway? It was widely discussed.

And regardless of how much Cheli's play declined, (and it did), you do NOT treat a Hall of Famer like a piece of s***. You allow him to go out with dignity. Especially after everything that Cheli brought to the Wings.

You wanna know why the Wings have BEEN so successful? Why they've been able to attract, and KEEP, the types of Players that they attract and keep? Because they have always eschewed the "what have you done for me lately" attitude, and rewarded SERVICE, HISTORY, and DEDICATION to the Winged Wheel, rather than throwing quality veterans who have served well and faithfully under the bus.

Osgood has dealt with years, over a decade, of shoddy treatment by the fans and the Press here in Detroit. ALWAYS without a WORD of complaint.

The fact that he's complaining now is not a reflection on him. It's a reflection on the man who's pushed him to a limit no one EVER would have though possible.

I ask others to provide information to back up their argument because it is THEIR argument. It's not mine to make. Too lazy to back it up? Don't post it. You still haven't provided a shred of evidence to your "truths" and you probably can't.

Widely discussed by who? You and your imaginary friend?

Cheli didn't get thrown under the bus. What did you want Babs to do? Keep putting Cheli out their to make big mistakes and cost the team games? Honoring loyalty can only go so far before it bites you in the ass.

And don't give me this bulls*** about how long have I been watching the Wings. This isn't a dick measuring contest. I've been watching the Wings for a long time and it takes a very insecure person to think they are better than someone else because they have watched the Wings longer than someone else.

Still waiting on your "evidence."

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

I ask others to provide information to back up their argument because it is THEIR argument. It's not mine to make. Too lazy to back it up? Don't post it. You still haven't provided a shred of evidence to your "truths" and you probably can't.

Cheli didn't get thrown under the bus. What did you want Babs to do? Keep putting Cheli out their to make big mistakes and cost the team games? Honoring loyalty can only go so far before it bites you in the ass.

And don't give me this bulls*** about how long have I been watching the Wings. This isn't a dick measuring contest. I've been watching the Wings for a long time and it takes a very insecure person to think they are better than someone else because they have watched the Wings longer than someone else.

He Still puts Lebda out there.... Leino still plays......They Suck!!! Next ?

Ive too have heard that BAB is a COCK (BABCOCK)

It's ok to vent your frustrations let it out .... but unless you have played for the Wings under the current coach.. I see no reason that someone here might have a source that doesnt want to dis-close. that should be respected... But talking to you about respect is a lost cause.

just because YOU don't know ALL the dirt does not make it any less truth full.

should give people the benefit of the doubt. No one has a reason to lie....(you maybe)

Do you have any evidence to say that member is wrong...... Hmm? still waiting..........

Yes Osgood is popular here. among those who respect what he has done for this organization. (you not being one of them) Personally I could give a s*** less how long you have watched because those that have watched longer compare him to past goalies on the team. Its called a reference..

Ask around. That's all I'm going to say. It was widely rumored, and not even hotly disputed, at the time. If you weren't paying attention, I don't know what to tell you.

Remember Edmonton, 2006? I believe there was something like 7 or so seconds left in the Game 6, in what could conceivably have been considered, (and turned out to be IN FACT), the last game for the longest tenured Captain in the NHL - The Heart and Soul of the Detroit Red Wings. The Captain.

After having seen his ice time cut, and cut, and cut again....all Season long in Babcock's first year here.....

Where was Stevie Y for that "final" face off? Where was The Captain, with his Team down by two goals, and less than 10 ticks left on the clock, in what turned out to be the last game of his career?

He was on the bench. Right where Mike Babcock had placed him so often, all Season long. That's where. It was a slap in the face. And everyone knew it.

You didn't?

You're probably one of those who "remembers" that the Wings pursued Hasek, and then waived Osgood. Or that they signed Osgood to be Legace's back-up, too. Right?