• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Phazon

why is detroit so hated at hfboards?

Rate this topic

Guest ZetterbergFourty

My guess is bandwagon fans all over those boards gloating and rubbing it in about Detroit being the best over the last 15-20 years, now they've finally got something on Detroit, not having such a great season. I would def. think the bandwagon fans caused this.

Guest Lidstromboli

the wings fans on hfboards are a lot less insane/annoying than most of the people that post on LGW

it's funny observing how quickly the group think develops at that site though

Edited by Lidstromboli

There have to be five threads centered around the Flames on their main NHL board right now. That place is run by Canucks fans and the Canucks mod trolls about. A lot of those guys talk down to teams because of hockeysfuture prospects ratings which are completely inaccurate and inconsistent. Instead of watching a teams prospects they go and check their rating and use that to try and make a point.

I hate HFboards.

on espn forums its the exact same thing... people dont like that this organization has been so competetive for long and now they are underachieving this year people are going to definitely kick our team and our fans while were down.

sucks, but im confident we can make the playoffs, and look forward to this offseason because it sure is going to get interesting. imo players like malts, holmer (effective on pp but how much longer can he really take abuse in front like that?) draper, ozzie, even cleary could EASILY be replaced but due to our loyalty wont be unless they retire.

a lot of memories in this group mentioned, they did great things while here but lets face it, abs, miller, eaves, helm, howard, have proven that they can take on those roles and are younger and will come cheaper. you either bring up larrson/mccollum or pick up a ty conklin type who can back up howard and boom, you have a younger, hungrier team and it frees up salary.

the real interesting thing will be lidstrom, and his 7.45 mill per year. would be great if he would sign for cheap but i doubt it.... but say he doesn't sign. i think kronwall, rafalski, stuart, ericcson, meech/lebda/kindl/ even maybe lilja would be a solid group. solid core, gain 7.45 more mill of salary, and lidstrom goes out as the lidstrom we want to remember.

so say liddy doesn't resign and retires and we go the route of using what we have already got, and draper, maltby, holmer, ozzie cleary, and "replaced" by helm, abs, miller, eaves, mccollum/larrson then we could really have some salary left over. i trust ken holland, but i like the idea of a younger approach and like 10 million extra dollars to spend... just me dreaming, sorry guys, at least the first sentence was relevant.

Guest Lidstromboli

i like the people that think if you aren't a Crosby or Ovechkin, you aren't a franchise player

Guest zackmorris

Put a group of dimwit sports fans in a forum after we've had our team lay the boots to their favorite teams for 20 years and see how they like us after it.

This is the year we finally "suck", and while ignoring our injuries they'll just pretend we're not good anymore. They want to. Stupid, jealous petty idiots work that way.

Hfboards sucks anyway.

Edited by zackmorris

I know that you can argue frustration and being passionate about wanting this team to win, but for as infuriating as last night's loss was - I still wouldn't throw around some of the terms that I read on here last night. To each their own, though, everyone reacts differently.

I just wish we could hold a lead. We're never going to maintain a playoff spot be earning 1 point every night.

I agree with you Travis.

I just don't think that some of the "passionate wings fans" who belittle and hate the players and team on this forum should be pointing fingers at another forum and asking, "Why is there hate?"

It just further reinforces my belief that this forum is not a real Wings fan forum. The bulk majority of the fans here are already bitching at the players, coaches, and other fans more than I have ever seen. I hope the next step will result in these bandwagon fans jumping off and leaving the site for good. Hopefully for the blackhawks fan sites since they seem to be doing better this season.