• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Jonathan Ericsson Watch Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

Ericsson and Salei both played well last night. Rafi was a bit rusty, but that's to be expected. I'm still not a fan of the Lidstrom-Stuart pairing. I wonder how a Kronwall-Ericsson pairing would look?

Guest mjtm77

He looked like he was trying to be a Bobby Orr agianst the Nucks kinda a scary thought

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/11/red_wings_mike_babcock_pleased.html

Babcock wants Ericsson to be like Stuart

Despite his size (6-foot-4, 220) and willingness to fight, defenseman Jonathan Ericsson is not a physical player. Babcock hopes Ericsson over time will start dishing out more hits, like Brad Stuart.

“Stewie is excellent,” Babcock said. “He’s come here, he’s found his role and comfort level in his career.”

Stuart has led the team in hits in each of the last two seasons and is the club’s leading hitter so far this year.

“We’re hoping E’s going to evolve into a big, physical, hard guy, (who) can play with the puck but takes great pride in punishing people and being really solid defensively,” Babcock said. “Stewie gives us a totally different element than Nick (Lidstrom) does and really makes the team good.”

Babcock said when Brian Rafalski returns from his knee injury, either Monday or Thursday, he’ll be paired with Stuart again.

Guest Heaten

Ericsson has been playing with a lot of confidence this season. He's been a stud and looks like a solid top 4 dman. Proving the folks who've given up on him wrong. Hope he keeps it up . :thumbup:

You know, the past two games I've noticed he's really upped his physicality. I would love to see Ericsson's body with Stuart's demeanor.

Agreed. Plus he's been taking shots (3 tonight) which is good when you have a slapper like his.

I hope he can continue this play and improve every night like the Wings want him to.

Agreed. Plus he's been taking shots (3 tonight) which is good when you have a slapper like his.

I hope he can continue this play and improve every night like the Wings want him to.

even more importantly than the slapper, is that he's seemed to have pretty drastically improved his snapshot ala Nick Lidstrom, to get those quick shots off without the big wind-up when the hole is there...

As long as he just keeps playing like he's been, he will be exactly what we had hoped for

Guest Heaten

Ericsson has been playing like an absolute stud. I think Babcock should start putting him on the power play, he's got a wicked shot from the point.

Ericsson has been playing like an absolute stud. I think Babcock should start putting him on the power play, he's got a wicked shot from the point.

Yes he does have a wicked shot but doesn't it for the most part hit the glass? It's hard but not all that accurate.

He had a really good game last night against Colorado. He played 17 minutes and made a great break up that 2 on 1.

Does any one know where you can find average time on ice stats? Salei played a little under 20 minutes, just behind Lidstrom and Kronwall, just wondering if he is averaging more ice time than Stuart and Rafalski.

Guest mindfly

Nice with lidstrom have gone down to 24mins, he played about 21mins two games in a row now

Yes he does have a wicked shot but doesn't it for the most part hit the glass? It's hard but not all that accurate.

Even so, how many goals are scored off rebounds off the boards? If Ericsson can get it down there and through people let the forwards do the rest as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/11/red_wings_danny_cleary_eager_t.html

ERICSSON'S PLAY A PLUS

Defenseman Jonathan Ericsson has played well since returning on Nov. 3 from a back injury. He has been particularly strong the past three games, paired with Brian Rafalski, following his return from a knee injury.

"He's not panicking; he's doing real simple things, using his size (6-foot-4, 220 pounds) and reach and his body when he needs to,'' Rafalski said. "He's made some good strides since he's come back off his injury.''

Ericsson has a plus-3 rating in seven games. Last season, he had a minus-18 rating on March 1 before improving over the final 15 games to finish minus-15. Rafalski tries not to talk much to Ericsson on the ice.

"You don't want him thinking about too many things, you want him to play his game and feel comfortable and make sure he keeps things simple, not try to do too much,'' Rafalski said. "When you have a good, solid base like that, when you start making those easy plays all the time, then you start getting more comfortable making other plays.''

Guest Hatethedrake!

Ericsson has played well since his return. Lets hope he can keep improving. I like that Lidstrom's minutes are down a bit. He can be well rested for the playoffs. Then Babs can let him play 30+ minutes a night again. :thumbup:

So far just like last year, Ericsson plays nearly 16 min a game.

Salei and Rafalski are at almost 19.

Stuart goes for 22 1/2.

Kronwall goes for 23 1/2.

And of course Lidstrom leads all of them with 24 min a game.

Seems like that's a good distribution of TOI.

Good to see Ericsson playing well. I got NHL 2011 yesterday, so I am trying to organize my lines and defensive pairings. With a fully healthy team, what pairings would we be most likely to use?

Good to see Ericsson playing well. I got NHL 2011 yesterday, so I am trying to organize my lines and defensive pairings. With a fully healthy team, what pairings would we be most likely to use?

You know that's a great question. I don't really know. Anyone?

I mean, I know Rafalski is healthy now but I figured the lines are what they are because they're gradually integrating Rafi back into things.

You know that's a great question. I don't really know. Anyone?

I mean, I know Rafalski is healthy now but I figured the lines are what they are because they're gradually integrating Rafi back into things.

I have no clue either.

I would like to see:

Lidstrom Kronwall

Stuart Eriksson

Rafalski Salei

And give them all about 20 min of ice time. I want Kronwall to learn as much as he can from Lids now because it seems like hes going to be top 2 when Lids and/or Raffi retires. It'll be nice if he can compliment his play with some Lidstromesque abilities.

Eriksson has really been playing well the past couple weeks and a good deal of that has been due to the fact that he's using his size for once. I think he can really learn a lot paired up with Stuart, and with Stuey as more of a stay-at-home defensman it allows Eriksson to be more offensive. The same is why I think Raffi and Salei will look nice together(at least on paper).

Guest Stolberg

stuart and ericsson have never played well together in the past

pairings are fine right now i think

Guest Heaten

Ericsson has been nothing less than spectacular. I think it's fair to say last year was a sophomore slump. +2 tonight (+5 in the season) while Lidstrom was a -1 tonight (+4 in the season).

Edited by Heaten