• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Jonathan Ericsson Watch Thread

Rate this topic

Guest mjtm77

I dont like him. he is a *****. But yea some people are right he will get better and become a decent player.

I dont like him. he is a *****. But yea some people are right he will get better and become a decent player.

He`s Bob ******* Probert compared to 95% of the players on this team. Who else is willing to fight? Eaves, Lilja and Abdelkader. Miller maybe.

Honestly, where did you get the impression a guy who is willing to drop the gloves is a ***** on today`s Wings?

I think many of us fans would like to see Ericsson use his size a bit more often; personally I think he needs to bulk-up a tad more to fulfill that role...Drake - aren't you into power lifting?...Maybe you could help the wee lad out ;)

:D I`d love to work out with the Wings! That`d be sweet.

He`s Bob ******* Probert compared to 95% of the players on this team. Who else is willing to fight? Eaves, Lilja and Abdelkader. Miller maybe.

Honestly, where did you get the impression a guy who is willing to drop the gloves is a ***** on today`s Wings?

No kidding. Ericcson had a solid, close fight with Ryan Clowe this year. The same Ryan Clowe who made mince meat out of George Parros this year. If Ericcson started fighting more often he could become borderline heavyweight.

And I wouldn't say Lilja is willing anymore. Miller I saw drop the gloves once this year but he has 1 fight to his name in his career so I wouldn't say him either.

Eaves actually shows some ability when it comes to fighting in the 2 he had this year. He could start doing it a bit more to really make himself valuable.

No kidding. Ericcson had a solid, close fight with Ryan Clowe this year. The same Ryan Clowe who made mince meat out of George Parros this year. If Ericcson started fighting more often he could become borderline heavyweight.

And I wouldn't say Lilja is willing anymore. Miller I saw drop the gloves once this year but he has 1 fight to his name in his career so I wouldn't say him either.

Eaves actually shows some ability when it comes to fighting in the 2 he had this year. He could start doing it a bit more to really make himself valuable.

Good point about Lilja-- I can definitely understand why he`d be afraid to fight... being unable to play because of headaches for a year must`ve been brutal.

It`d be great if McCarty or Downey or someone like that could give Ericsson some pointers. I`d like to see him develop more snarl. Once he`s fought a few times and done well I bet he`ll be more aggressive in the corners and in front of the net.

It takes more than a fight every blue moon to lose the ***** moniker. He has to actually play with some snarl.

It takes more than a fight every blue moon to lose the ***** moniker. He has to actually play with some snarl.

I agree. That should come with confidence and time. Once he`s not ***** footing around there and second guessing himself I bet he`ll have more snarl.

You can bet that Babcock is trying to bring the snarl out of him.

I agree. That should come with confidence and time. Once he`s not ***** footing around there and second guessing himself I bet he`ll have more snarl.

You can bet that Babcock is trying to bring the snarl out of him.

I think Doug Janik could be a good mentor for him.Either him or a rugged free agent pickup to switch in and out of the lineup with Kindl.

Just for those of you who aren't watching the Worlds, from the matches I've seen Ericsson play (I might have missed one of them) he is doing very well. Playing very calmly in his own zone, not turning the puck over and moving it very well, not to mention at times jumping up into the play.

Hopefully he keeps it up and can use his newly-regained confidence at the start of next season.

Haha.

Sweden vs Switzerland is on right now, Sweden leading 3-0. One of the Swedish commentators just said that he thinks that Ericsson could be among the top three defensemen in the world, in terms of having a good first pass.

Just for those of you who aren't watching the Worlds, from the matches I've seen Ericsson play (I might have missed one of them) he is doing very well. Playing very calmly in his own zone, not turning the puck over and moving it very well, not to mention at times jumping up into the play.

Hopefully he keeps it up and can use his newly-regained confidence at the start of next season.

Yeah. He hasn't been bad at all.

One of the Swedish commentators just said: "I wonder if he might not be one of the 3 best opening passers in the world." I'm thinking he meant the World Championships but you never know :S.

Haha.

Sweden vs Switzerland is on right now, Sweden leading 3-0. One of the Swedish commentators just said that he thinks that Ericsson could be among the top three defensemen in the world, in terms of having a good first pass.

That`s pretty generous but I`ll take it. :P

Guest Heaten

I think Ericsson get's a lot of unjust flack on LGWs and HF. His rookie full season had it's ups and downs, but I'd imagine there is 20 other teams that would kill to have him (and his upside) on their team.

I think Ericsson will be great, and will eventually be known as another "Red Wings late draft steal".

Edited by Heaten

Yeah he has been doing well in the worlds because International hockey certainly translates different than the NHL. Who knows what it may be I am not an International guru or anything but maybe he can bring this with him to next year. hehe.gif

Optimism is contagious....

Guest mindfly

Big E picks up the player of the game for Sweden.......maybe he's getting his confidence back

2 assists and +2 with 17+mins of i/t

On the international rinks he has double the time to make descisions on the ice, as well all know one of his worst assets is his descisions on the ice...

On the international rinks he has double the time to make descisions on the ice, as well all know one of his worst assets is his descisions on the ice...

Well yeah, that part I knew. Bigger rinks. And yes you very well could be right the larger surface, the more room to do his weaving in and out of nobody and passing to...whoever Big E passes to.

Still holding out hope for next year.

If only he was playing against NHL players surely their apparently superior decisison making skills would show even more? Or are we assuming that only Ericsson gets the boost and thus it`s an unfair advantage so we can`t judge him on it?

Big E picks up the player of the game for Sweden.......maybe he's getting his confidence back

2 assists and +2 with 17+mins of i/t

:clap:

so on that basis, all the fast forwards should fly past him with the extra ice and he'll end up having a crap tourny with a -10 rating by the end? works both ways don't ya think?

Nah, Mindfly just discovered a flaw to the way people evaluate players in international competition. I`m afraid the NHL scouting community is going to feel real stupid all of the sudden for putting so much emphasis on play at the world junior championships :(