• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Pre-Olympic Trade Deadline Talk

Rate this topic

Didnt i hear a while back that Jeff Carter slept with Hartnells wife a while back and a trade for one of the two was the only way to fix the problem? If Hartnell is on his way out, Philly sure made the right decision there.

rumors. the both denied it, if I remember correctly.

You know, the more I think about it, (and I'm referring to the NHL on whole here) I'm thinking between the tight races in both conferences, the weird Olympic deadlines, and a trend towards fewer moves, we won't see a lot of major moves today or after the break.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
NOTICE: This thread is intended for Pre-Olympic Trade Deadline discussion only! Let this be a notice to anyone that tries to derail it further! First, last and only warning!

Thank you very much!

You know, the more I think about it, (and I'm referring to the NHL on whole here) I'm thinking between the tight races in both conferences, the weird Olympic deadlines, and a trend towards fewer moves, we won't see a lot of major moves today or after the break.

You may be incorrect about after the break....Florida, Carolina and Edmonton are supposed to be having fire sales. I am a little surprised we didn't get more action about 1PM EST today though.

You may be incorrect about after the break....Florida, Carolina and Edmonton are supposed to be having fire sales. I am a little surprised we didn't get more action about 1PM EST today though.

Yeah im a little blown away by the lack of trades with so many teams announcing fire sales. Maybe they will use the olympic break to get the word out on their players and what htey are looking for. Which means we will end up with a HUGE trade deadline day.

Just a sad day today as everyone around the league hyped today up as a "2nd trade deadline" and we havent heard really anything

Andreas Lilja will play the fifth and final game of his conditioning stint with Grand Rapids tonight in Houston. He will remain on long-term injured reserve, not counting against the 23-man roster or salary cap, until he is cleared by Wings' doctors, which could happen as early as Saturday. After playing five games in the AHL, it's unlikely that he wouldn't be cleared.

mlive.com

this should about do it for today...

Guest Howard He Do It?!
mlive.com

this should about do it for today...

And that's that. What an uneventful day.

Yeah im a little blown away by the lack of trades with so many teams announcing fire sales. Maybe they will use the olympic break to get the word out on their players and what htey are looking for. Which means we will end up with a HUGE trade deadline day.

Just a sad day today as everyone around the league hyped today up as a "2nd trade deadline" and we havent heard really anything

Well, some trades will go down , I'm sure. I bet a lot of teams are just waiting to see what's offered, like Toronto for one. I'm sure there will be a few right around 3.

That's what makes me think that it's going to be a slow year in general. How many teams are going to want to make serious moves to mess with their teams when they're in the hunt? Just because a team claims to be having a fire sale does not mean we can assume that they are reasonable sellers. The price may just be too high for a lot of teams, especially when you consider trends of the last few years and continued uncertainty in the cap world.

Well, some trades will go down , I'm sure. I bet a lot of teams are just waiting to see what's offered, like Toronto for one. I'm sure there will be a few right around 3.

I know on trade deadline days if negotiations have already started before the deadline, you could continue talking and make the deal official after the deadline. Is that true for this trade freeze as well? Or is 3 oclock the shut off time.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
I know on trade deadline days if negotiations have already started before the deadline, you could continue talking and make the deal official after the deadline. Is that true for this trade freeze as well? Or is 3 oclock the shut off time.

You can continue to talk after the 3 pm deadline, but no deals can be made until the 28th I believe.

Meaning he will be cleared to play for Saturday? Or that he will be eligable after saturday?

The article says it could be as soon as Saturday, which doesn't rule him out of Saturday's game.

yeah good point... I re-read it and thought the exact same thing after I posted... Maybe it's not over....

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I bet a lot of teams will wait until March 3rd when they can extract as much as they can for players.

That's what makes me think that it's going to be a slow year in general. How many teams are going to want to make serious moves to mess with their teams when they're in the hunt? Just because a team claims to be having a fire sale does not mean we can assume that they are reasonable sellers. The price may just be too high for a lot of teams, especially when you consider trends of the last few years and continued uncertainty in the cap world.

True, but man do i love trade deadline day, so i hope thats not the case this year! At the same time since there are so many teams in the hunt dont you think that alot of teams would be out there looking for players that could put them over the hump and also help them if/when they do get into playoffs?

I think teams are waiting for the actual deadline, as they can't practice with the player after tomorrow anyways, so why pay their cap?

I think it's going to be a very exciting March 3rd...

with that said, I still expect a couple moves today before 3...

True, but man do i love trade deadline day, so i hope thats not the case this year! At the same time since there are so many teams in the hunt dont you think that alot of teams would be out there looking for players that could put them over the hump and also help them if/when they do get into playoffs?

ME TOO!

I have an annual trade deadline party every year, where a few of us guys take off work, get together early and start drinking early! haha

:chug:

I just popped "Miracle" into the DVD player to get me into the Olympic mind set. Still searching the net for some exciting trade talk. God i love not having class on fridays. Unfortuantly, most teams are probably ganna wait till the trade deadline to trade away their players to get as many offers and jack the price up as much as they can