• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Pre-Olympic Trade Deadline Talk

Rate this topic

Damn good? No way. Not even close. Go watch the replays on all of his assists. Seriously. A lot of assists does not make him a play-maker. Igor Larionov: DAMN good play-maker. Flip: average at best.

Larionov - AMAZING, One of the BEST EVER

Filppula - DAMN GOOD

maybe you should go re-watch some video...

Guest micah
Let's say it is Eaves, since we've heard little to nothing about him since word that he'd be out until after the Olympics.

One thing that we're overlooking is that Lebda is still, in all likelihood, on his way out.

Yup. May + Eaves + Lebda should do it.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
True, but maybe they are going to move Lebda for some picks... that would cover it, right:

Eaves on LTIR+May waived+Lebda trade?

That would leave enough room. Another move would need to be made to allow Eaves to come back though.

Filppula - DAMN GOOD

Filppula is a fantastic player, in my opinion. Just more of that grass-is-always-greener mentality that says he isn't.

I'd just like to take a minute amidst all the mini-deadline panic to help people realize that Kronwall and Lilja will apparently be in the lineup tomorrow and going forward. So you're now looking at a top-6 of Lidstrom, Rafalski, Stuart, Kronwall, Lilja and Big E. Not too shabby.

Filppula - DAMN GOOD

I don't disagree about Larionov. He's a legend.

But how many brilliant assists has Flip gotten this season? Seriously? How many great plays can you recall. If you go back and watch the replays, it's very clear to see that more often than not he's not the guy making the great play that leads to the goal so much as the guy cycling the puck. Like I've said, a point is a point and Flip has earned those, but play-makers OWN their points. Cycling the puck around does not make him a play-maker.

Rostislav Olesz and a 3rd to Detroit

Flip and Lebda and a 4th to Florida

I think this would be a great deal, its pretty much an even swap Flip for Olesz and we get rid of lebda.

Rostislav Olesz is the next Franzen from what ive seen, hes big and has good hands, and in this league you cant have enough of that.

Edited by Shaman464

Filppula is a fantastic player, in my opinion. Just more of that grass-is-always-greener mentality that says he isn't.

exactly... people don't know what they got in him because he doesn't have a true sniper to work with... he could put up insane assist numbers if he played consistently with a natural goal scorer...

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Yeah, thats the problem... they would have to do something with Miller or Maltby then... more likely Miller.

Or Eaves stays on the LTIR until the playoffs when cap restrictions are lifted. I don't think this is the case though.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I'm trying to put the puzzle pieces together. 10 teams sent scouts to last nights game. That many teams wouldn't scout a player like Lebda would they? It would have to be Filppula. If he's gone, I will be on suicide watch.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

This thread is for the discussion of trades, not the merits of Filppula as a playmaker. Stick to the topic please.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
true... IDK, I guess we will know soon enough...

I hope so. The suspense is killing me.

Rostislav Olesz and a 3rd to Detroit

Flip and Lebda and a 4th to Florida

I think this would be a great deal, its pretty much an even swap Flip for Olesz and we get rid of lebda.

Rostislav Olesz is the next Franzen from what ive seen, hes big and has good hands, and in this league you cant have enough of that.

Olesz - 24 years old:

59 13 13 26 -5 - 3.125 cap hit - locked up until the end of 2014 - 4 years left on deal

.44 PPG

Filpulla - 25 years old:

33 6 16 22 -7 - 3 cap hit - locked up until end of 2013 - 3 years left on deal after this year

.67 PPG

still... edge: Flip

keep in mind what you have...

no thanks on that trade.

Edited by stevkrause

Guest DatsyukianDeke13
I'd trade Filp for the right move, Helm is just as good as Filp defensively and almost as good offensively.

false

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

What websites are you guys on to look for updates? I keep going to tsn, but is there something better?

Guest Howard He Do It?!
What websites are you guys on to look for updates? I keep going to tsn, but is there something better?

Twitter.