• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Pre-Olympic Trade Deadline Talk

Rate this topic

The report button is the biggest joke on this forum. I've used it before to no avail and I know for a fact that the posts I have reported violated forum rules.

If you report a post that breaks the forum rules....*it is dealt with when the first mod is available to deal with it.* If it wasn't dealt with, its because the post in question wasn't breaking the rules, rather just upsetting someone. There's a difference.

By the way, I've never received a report post from you....even once.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
If you report a post that breaks the forum rules....*it is dealt with when the first mod is available to deal with it.* If it wasn't dealt with, its because the post in question wasn't breaking the rules, rather just upsetting someone. There's a difference.

By the way, I've never received a report post from you....even once.

That's odd because I reported one the other day. I will PM you.

True, but man do i love trade deadline day, so i hope thats not the case this year! At the same time since there are so many teams in the hunt dont you think that alot of teams would be out there looking for players that could put them over the hump and also help them if/when they do get into playoffs?

That's certainly the flip-side of the coin I suppose. But even in thinking that, can you imagine teams in the hunt giving up core players to make moves that are really noteworthy? I think we'll see a bit of the "seemingly lateral" stuff as I've been phrasing it lately that a lot of people will question before scratching below the surface. Sometimes it's not the big moves that make the difference. Probably more of the time. And unfortunately for the hype train, those types of moves tend to not get people too excited.

ME TOO!

I have an annual trade deadline party every year, where a few of us guys take off work, get together early and start drinking early! haha

:chug:

Bet it's been a bit of a letdown the last couple of years...

I'm not saying I'm not in the same boat of being excited as obviously, I'm here and checking the sites too. But I'm definitely learning to lower my expectations...

Hello everyone, Ducks fan here, i enjoying coming to your site, and reading your insight, I have a tremendous amount of respect for this franchise and love when our teams met in the playoffs.

anyways just wanted to post, that they just mentioned on a radio station here in Orange County, ca that Wiz for Cam Barker is almost completed.. I loved what Wiz brought to the team last season, but he has become a turnover machine this year, havent seen Barker to much, since my tv provider does not offer Center Ice, I was wondering if you guys know anything about him?

Greg Wyshynski Greg Wyshynski 1 minute ago

Hey now! RT @DennisTFP Looks to be some movement on Ray Whitney front. He's dropped his demand to 2 year extension. Kings offering 1 year.

I've also heard that the Thrashers will not be moving anyone today.

EDIT: Here it is:

Chris Vivlamore Chris Vivlamore 3 minutes ago

I'm told no moves today for the Thrashers.

Edited by syntax

Hello everyone, Ducks fan here, i enjoying coming to your site, and reading your insight, I have a tremendous amount of respect for this franchise and love when our teams met in the playoffs.

anyways just wanted to post, that they just mentioned on a radio station here in Orange County, ca that Wiz for Cam Barker is almost completed.. I loved what Wiz brought to the team last season, but he has become a turnover machine this year, havent seen Barker to much, since my tv provider does not offer Center Ice, I was wondering if you guys know anything about him?

Barker is better and still hasn't peaked, if that's a straight up trade, you guys got the better end of the deal in my mind.... don't get me wrong, Wiz is a good NHL defensman, but Barker is already on par and still has room to grow...

Sorry, kinda just read thru this and was checking out the twitter, so forgive me if it's been said, but man how far has Cheechoo fallen from being a huge scorer in San Jose to being put on waivers in OTT. Wonder if we'd scoop him up if he fell to us? Would it be a good move to get him?

Sorry, kinda just read thru this and was checking out the twitter, so forgive me if it's been said, but man how far has Cheechoo fallen from being a huge scorer in San Jose to being put on waivers in OTT. Wonder if we'd scoop him up if he fell to us? Would it be a good move to get him?

Nope then more people would have to be wavied or traded and his career is done IMO

He's gone from 50 goals in 05-06 to like 5 goals or something this year. He's not even worth the $1.5M after re-entry waivers IMO.

Barker is better and still hasn't peaked, if that's a straight up trade, you guys got the better end of the deal in my mind.... don't get me wrong, Wiz is a good NHL defensman, but Barker is already on par and still has room to grow...

I'd call it a wash because CHI is going to lose Barker anyway in the offseason.

Wiz is an RFA. CHI can then negotiate, make an offer, or trade his rights.

well today was a dud. i think everyone is a little gun shy with the standings being the log jam that buttman always wanted (thank you 3 point games MEH). noone wants to let anyone go for nothing.

Give it a minute (or 16) Ray Whittney to LA might still happen.

Call off the trade watch?

By George Malik

February 12, 2010, 2:36PM

The Detroit Free Press's Helene St. James reports that the Red Wings have made their one and only pre-Olympic roster freeze move in waiving Brad May:

February 12, Detroit Free Press: Red Wings spokesman John Hahn said the team won’t make any other moves today – and at 3 p.m., the NHL freezes trades until the Feb. 28 end of the Olympics.

That means either the Wings will have to keep Lilja on long-term injured reserve, or waive somebody who makes at least $700,000.

So how does this work?

If May clears waivers by noon Saturday, he will be sent to Grand Rapids. Lilja has been out since last Feb. 28 battling a concussion, but he has felt good during a conditioning stint in the minors and is to play his last game in the AHL tonight. The Wings expect to clear him shortly afterward. Lilja would add needed size on the back end.

“He’s a big body on the back end, he’s a great penalty killer, good shot-blocker," Mike Babcock said. "Because of his size, he’ll make a huge difference to our team. He’s a real positive guy, a real good teammate, good energy guy.â€

I'm just guessing here, but maybe the Wings are going to keep Lilja on the LTIR until after the Olympics so as to buy themselves time to make a move when the trade freeze ends...

I'd call it a wash because CHI is going to lose Barker anyway in the offseason.

Wiz is an RFA. CHI can then negotiate, make an offer, or trade his rights.

I'm more talking purely on talent level... also, Barker is locked up through 2012 - so he has 2 more years after this at basically the same hit...

Call off the trade watch?

By George Malik

February 12, 2010, 2:36PM

The Detroit Free Press's Helene St. James reports that the Red Wings have made their one and only pre-Olympic roster freeze move in waiving Brad May:

February 12, Detroit Free Press: Red Wings spokesman John Hahn said the team won’t make any other moves today – and at 3 p.m., the NHL freezes trades until the Feb. 28 end of the Olympics.

That means either the Wings will have to keep Lilja on long-term injured reserve, or waive somebody who makes at least $700,000.

So how does this work?

If May clears waivers by noon Saturday, he will be sent to Grand Rapids. Lilja has been out since last Feb. 28 battling a concussion, but he has felt good during a conditioning stint in the minors and is to play his last game in the AHL tonight. The Wings expect to clear him shortly afterward. Lilja would add needed size on the back end.

“He’s a big body on the back end, he’s a great penalty killer, good shot-blocker," Mike Babcock said. "Because of his size, he’ll make a huge difference to our team. He’s a real positive guy, a real good teammate, good energy guy.â€

I'm just guessing here, but maybe the Wings are going to keep Lilja on the LTIR until after the Olympics so as to buy themselves time to make a move when the trade freeze ends...

that's my guess

Guest Howard He Do It?!
What was the point in waiving May then??

The Wings would have had to waive him anyways. Maybe they think the distractions of today will result in May clearing waivers.