• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Pre-Olympic Trade Deadline Talk

Rate this topic

The Wings would have had to waive him anyways. Maybe they think the distractions of today will result in May clearing waivers.

I'm pretty sure he would have cleared either way - but true, if it has to be done eventually anyway, why not do it now...

What was the point in waiving May then??

I have 2 theories.

1) they waived him early in the day hoping to make some kind of trade to clear the rest of the cap space needed and the trade somehow fell threw or they didnt get an offer that they were expecting to get

2) as i heard on NHL live this freeze is not a "roster" freeze but merely a trade freeze. Teams can still maneuver players within their orginization. So the guess is that May was moved to clear space and sometime today or tomorrow we will still see one of our other players go on the LTIR in time for Lilja to play tomorrows game. My guess is they want to see how well he plays tonight and then from there decide if they want to keep him on the IR for the olympic break or place another play, my guess is Eaves, on the LTIR and make that room for Lilja. If this is the case, my guess is that the injury on Eaves isnt very severe but bad enough to keep him out a few weeks. Either way, if we keep Lilja on the IR or put Eaves on it, we are still going to need to make a move at the trade deadline or when Eaves comes off the IR.

Edited by Hank Dats 'N Homer

Barker is better and still hasn't peaked, if that's a straight up trade, you guys got the better end of the deal in my mind.... don't get me wrong, Wiz is a good NHL defensman, but Barker is already on par and still has room to grow...

I can't imagine the Hawks doing this, it doesn't really help their cap space a lot unless they don't intend on signing Wiz next year and just getting the benefit of of the picks that they would get from him being a RFA. The problem would be that in order to retain his RFA status the Hawks would have to offer Wiz 2.75M to keep him from becoming an UFA, that is a big gamble for a cap strapped team. If they don't make the offer Wiz walks away and any team can pick him up with no compensation at all to the Hawks. If they keep Barker his salary is only 3.083 and has 2 more years left on his contract and then is still a RFA. I think it is much better to trade him for picks and such after the season as this may be their best shot at the Cup.

Plus according to McKenzie IF Chi-Min deal goes down, I believe Kim Johnsson ends up in Chicago and Cam Barker goes to Minny but it may be bigger and it isn't done yet

Guest Lidstromboli

Jody Shelley to the Rangers for a draft pick

aw beaten to it

Edited by Lidstromboli

Guest Lidstromboli
How did they trade a 2009 pick when it is 2010?

huh?

2009 first round pick Nick Leddy

Leddy's not exactly tearing it up this year, and a Johnsson-for-Barker swap really doesn't make Chicago any better, in my opinion. I'd say in the immediate future, this is a wash ... possibly even slightly favoring Minnesota, depending on Leddy's development.