391 replies to this topic

#261 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 07:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In your previous post, were you implying that Ponikarovsky or Skoula was the salary dump?

Anyway, Walker is the kind of guy we need. I would love Afinogenov, but they provide different things-- Walker grit, jam, and depth-- Afinogenov speed and depth.

But yeah, I'd jump on Walker for a 7th for this team.

Poni. Skoula makes almost no money and the Leafs sent him on right away.

You obviously seem to think that ANY trade is better than NO trade. We don't need another veteran with a bit of grit.. who would Walker bump on this team? Miller, Eaves? Draper? Helm? No. Just no.

Afinogenov would help us but his value is HIGH right now. A combination of Ledba/Meech+draft pick won't get him.

#262 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

[ANA/CGY] Curtis McElhinney for Vesa Toskala
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#263 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (NeverForgetMac25 @ March 3, 2010 - 02:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LAST UPDATED (3-3-2010, 2:05 PM ET)

March 3, 2010
Calgary Acquires: (G) Vesa Toskala
Anaheim Acquires: (G) Curtis McElhinney

Are you watching Tradecentre? Like did I just beat you to posting the trade, or are you using what we say in here for your updates?

Basically what I'm asking is if I should stop reporting whatever they say, even though it obviously makes me cool that I was the first one to post the most recent trade in here laugh.gif

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#264 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (dat's sick @ March 3, 2010 - 02:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Poni. Skoula makes almost no money and the Leafs sent him on right away.

You obviously seem to think that ANY trade is better than NO trade. We don't need another veteran with a bit of grit.. who would Walker bump on this team? Miller, Eaves? Draper? Helm? No. Just no.

Afinogenov would help us but his value is HIGH right now. A combination of Ledba/Meech+draft pick won't get him.

Maltby. On the forward lines, that is.

Ponikarovsky was not a salary dump, he had some value.

#265 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (SeeinRed @ March 3, 2010 - 01:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you watching Tradecentre? Like did I just beat you to posting the trade, or are you using what we say in here for your updates?

Basically what I'm asking is if I should stop reporting whatever they say, even though it obviously makes me cool that I was the first one to post the most recent trade in here laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm watching TradeCentre. You're welcome to post trades before me, especially if they're from other sources that report a trade/transaction before TradeCentre does. Either way...it doesn't matter. I'll eventually get them all up.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#266 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (NeverForgetMac25 @ March 3, 2010 - 02:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I'm watching TradeCentre. You're welcome to post trades before me, especially if they're from other sources that report a trade/transaction before TradeCentre does. Either way...it doesn't matter. I'll eventually get them all up.

OK, I'll only post if I get from another source then. Don't want you to have to sift through a bunch of nonsense and repeats, sorry.

Posted Image

#267 ceebs

ceebs

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 03:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maltby is on LTIR and they don't expect him back this year, and now that holmer and franzen are back he would have been our 13th forward... not exactly a huge upgrade.
I'll say this once and I'll say it clearly, Dumphy's on the cup next to Danny Cleary!

#268 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 02:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im kinda mad the Pens got a 60+ point scorer for basically nothing.

#269 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (SeeinRed @ March 3, 2010 - 01:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, I'll only post if I get from another source then. Don't want you to have to sift through a bunch of nonsense and repeats, sorry.

It'll also helps that I show the last transaction time so people realize what's already been reported.

Sidenote: Remember how cool it was to start the GDT 5 years ago? laugh.gif
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#270 lets go pavel

lets go pavel

Pacifiers are for pansies. I chew pucks!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 02:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maltby's already been bumped ... by his shoulder. Bottom line, we have different needs this year compared to years past. In the past we've had ample offense and defense, our need has been depth and grit. This year, it's practically the opposite. We have depth ... 8 defensemen with NHL experience, Abs and May waiting in GR until the season ends, plus whoever else we pull from there. What we need is scoring, and I don't see a lot of that out there. Other than Kovie, what goal-scorer has been moved who would jump in and help us?
"The one thing I love about Datsyuk, and there is much to love, is that no other player is like him. And, at least in recent history, it's hard to think of any player who has really been like him. He is a unique freak of nature in how he stick checks and operates in tight quarters. It's amazing how he deceives people from a stand-still position or when he isn't moving very fast. He is hockey's David Blaine." -- John Buccigross

#271 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 12:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone remember when we called up Jiri Fischer as our deadline move? Good ole' Kenny.

No, I don't remember that. I believe you're thinking of Jiri Slegr, and we won the Cup that year.

Edited by Crymson, 03 March 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#272 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (ceebs @ March 3, 2010 - 02:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maltby is on LTIR and they don't expect him back this year, and now that holmer and franzen are back he would have been our 13th forward... not exactly a huge upgrade.

Maybe I'm not saying this correctly-- Walker would be a great depth player. He may not play every game, but it pays to have guys like him to plug in--in the case of injuries.

#273 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Original-Six @ March 3, 2010 - 12:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im kinda mad the Pens got a 60+ point scorer for basically nothing.

He's a 40-50 point scorer, and the Pens gave up the top prospect in their system.

#274 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Crymson @ March 3, 2010 - 02:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I don't remember that. I believe you're thinking of Jiri Slegr, and we won the Cup that year.

Not quite. Slegr was 2002. The Fischer call-up was 2001, if I remember correctly.

You're right about the Slegr pickup in 2002, but really-- did they need much that year?

Is there any comparison between that year and this one? That year, they were destined for the President's trophy....and Holland still went out and got a depth defenseman. (Who only played 1 playoff game when Fish was suspended).

This year? Struggling to make the playoffs and standing pat. Nice.

#275 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (NeverForgetMac25 @ March 3, 2010 - 02:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It'll also helps that I show the last transaction time so people realize what's already been reported.

Sidenote: Remember how cool it was to start the GDT 5 years ago? laugh.gif

Hahaha, I sure do. I don't believe I ever did, but I know I wanted to laugh.gif

Posted Image

#276 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

Sidenote: I love how every single sportscaster stands sideways next to Pierre so he can't invade thier personal space any more than he already has. Even with that, he still stands perpendicular to the other sportscasters when they're standing next to one another just to be "creepily" close. WTF Pierre?

#277 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 12:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not quite. Slegr was 2002. The Fischer call-up was 2001, if I remember correctly.

You're right about the Slegr pickup in 2002, but really-- did they need much that year?

Is there any comparison between that year and this one? That year, they were destined for the President's trophy....and Holland still went out and got a depth defenseman. (Who only played 1 playoff game when Fish was suspended).

This year? Struggling to make the playoffs and standing pat. Nice.

God damn, you're nitpicking. Has your goal evolved into trying to convince people that Holland is a bad GM?

Oh, and is there any comparison between that year and this one? No, not really, because in that year there was no salary cap and Holland had the ability and the clearance to go out and get three future hall-of-famers.

Anyway, your argument has evolved from borderline to outright stupid, so enough of this. Enjoy whining like a child.

Edited by Crymson, 03 March 2010 - 02:24 PM.

#278 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

QUOTE (Crymson @ March 3, 2010 - 02:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's a 40-50 point scorer, and the Pens gave up the top prospect in their system.

Caputi was their top prospect? What about Tangradi or Despres?

#279 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Raffi Torres to Buffalo, per TSN.

#280 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Crymson @ March 3, 2010 - 02:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

40-50 when only playing 60 games
60+ in 82