• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Today is going to be the BEST hockey day in a long, long time!

Rate this topic

I would caution anyone to underestimate the Swiss, which I never EVER thought I would say. A hot goalie can easily win a series and Hiller is hot. Amazingly enough, this relative group of nobodies can actually be quite a force to. Regardless to how hot Hiller was, the Swiss matched the Canadians for intensity. You should win that game, but don't assume it will be a cakewalk.

Personally, as a Canadian, I am TERRIFIED of the Russians, that top line is really that scary. No offence to the Americans, but I actually see Russia as the biggest threat. On the brightside, they seem to be having the chemistry problems Canada is.

You are right though, today is an amazing hockey day! Im well stocked with beer, and for a change, I have an excuse to start drinking at 3!

lol what's that bro? I can't hear ya... i thought you were hardcore?

I'm gonna watch the canada game at 1:30am, then the Czech-Finland game at 04:00am then sweden-slovakia game at 6am... will go to bed at around 9am i guess... ;D

The olympics is just every fourth year so it's worth it...

Hellz yes :thumbup: :thumbup:

:rolleyes:

What a thoughtful and informative rebutal. You sir, with your razor wit and well reasoned arguments have completely changed my mind!!!

Oh wait...

Oh, and by no means am I alone in my fear of Russia. Here are the Vegas odds

4501 Canada -104

4502 Russia +226

4503 Sweden +651

4504 USA +1080

4505 Czech Republic +1782

4506 Finland +2362

4507 Slovakia +6952

4508 Field +11809

It's called "Swiss-German", and it's different to german!we understand german by all means, but on the other hand, many germans don't understand ower verry own dialect.

absolutely. even in my best times when I was fluent in German German (not so anymore, after moving

to Netherlands and starting with Dutch) I had some tough moment with understanding ppl in Zurich.

wirklich, ihr Schwitzli seid schwierig Leutli :)

though, to be honest, the difference between German and Swiss is far cry from what a Hollander

has to live through in Belgium. flemish version of "common" Dutch, though almost exactly the same

in writing, has absolutely nothing to do with language spoken in Holland. and they (Belgians) are

laughstock in NL when they open their mouths ;)

Edited by akustyk

I would caution anyone to underestimate the Swiss, which I never EVER thought I would say. A hot goalie can easily win a series and Hiller is hot.

Hiller was hot as hell and the way the US played it reminded me of the days when no goalie could beat them, hot or not. They simply controlled the puck and put tons of shots on net.

Hiller played lights out but you can't just take 50 shots without eventually letting something in.

I'd agree with him. USA hasn't played that well even if they are 3 - 0. Even Burke came out and said it.

Russia is just plain scary with Malkin, Ovechkin, and Datsyuk alone.

Just think about that for a second. The US team is not playing well, yet they still haven't lost. They beat Canada and the Swiss twice not playing very well. If they get turned on, what might they be capable of?

3:00 - usa vs. swiss...elination game time baby.

7:30 - rus vs. can...probably the two best teams in the world facing off in the quarterfinals.

10:00 - finland vs. czech's...hopefully a great preview of our next opponent!

:blink: PLEASE! Did or did not the USA just dominate the Canadian team? Thank You.... Canada....DONE!

does russia have the game to upset team canada? id be amped. lets go pavel!

The way Canada has played they will need the upset to beat Russia. Who did they beat? Norway and German by large margins. Barely beat Swiss and lost to USA. So the Canadians can beat the snot out of tier B teams, but barely beat and lose to the better teams. Canadian fans are in for a rude awakening against the Russians. Ovechkin is going to destroy Crysby tonight. Malkin is going to prove who the REAL star is in Pitt....

I'd agree with him. USA hasn't played that well even if they are 3 - 0. Even Burke came out and said it.

Russia is just plain scary with Malkin, Ovechkin, and Datsyuk alone.

...and Kovalchuk and Semin and Fedorov and Kozlov and Afinogenov, oh and Nabokov & Bryzgalov. The Canadians have a loaded roster for sure, but the major difference is, Russia knows how to play together, Canadian team is disorganized. (except when it comes to playing teams with very little talent on it.) Canada.....OUT!

Guest mindfly

I was just thinking, what would a team have to give up if they would trade for Miller? Could you imagine him on the wings? The miller bro's homegrown and everything and detroit for the first time since sawchuck have a really really elite goaltender... that would win alot of hockeygames.

Guest scottj

I wish... i don't ever see that happening though haha

here's to hoping that Howard grows into a Miller

I was just thinking, what would a team have to give up if they would trade for Miller? Could you imagine him on the wings? The miller bro's homegrown and everything and detroit for the first time since sawchuck have a really really elite goaltender... that would win alot of hockeygames.

For reasons I have never understood, stellar international play rarely translates to the NHL. I mean, if that was the case, Hnat Dommechelli would have an NHL job.

Besides, its not exactly like Ryan Miller was an unknown player.

Edited by Serapth

Guest mindfly
For reasons I have never understood, stellar international play rarely translates to the NHL. I mean, if that was the case, Hnat Dommechelli would have an NHL job.

Huh? He got the best stats in the NHL as well and is leading candidate for Vezina trophy :rolleyes:

...and Kovalchuk and Semin and Fedorov and Kozlov and Afinogenov, oh and Nabokov & Bryzgalov. The Canadians have a loaded roster for sure, but the major difference is, Russia knows how to play together, Canadian team is disorganized. (except when it comes to playing teams with very little talent on it.) Canada.....OUT!

You sure about that?

Didn't the USA beat Switzerland earlier?

Off topic....What language is spoken by the Swiss? I was watching women's curling last night and couldn't figure it out. Too lazy to google.

Swiss German in the north East, Italian in the South, French in the Southwest and Romansch (old latin) in the monutains of the south east