• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#641 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:17 AM

So what is Z's injury from the Olympics, anywho? He was grimacing quite a bit at times and definitely wasn't skating like himself.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#642 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:22 AM

I agree that Hank was a bit fortunate to be in a position to make the play off the failed shot attempt, but Willy was upright and had his stick on the ice and put it home, nothing lucky about that. A better goalie would have probably tried to block the pass that skirted inches in front of his pads through the crease though.

Overall Hank had an okay game if you ask me. He made one ugly turnover that resulted in one of Ladd's goals, but he was generally good defensively and did well on the PK. He had two assists, but he still doesn't look very dynamic, shifty, creative, whatever word you want to use out there when he was the puck.

It was great seeing Williams go to the net like that... hopefully that encourages him to to it more often.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#643 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:53 AM

So what is Z's injury from the Olympics, anywho? He was grimacing quite a bit at times and definitely wasn't skating like himself.

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if Hank has had some lingering injury from last season...Just doesn't look like himself out there.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#644 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

And Cristobal Huet is their goaltender...

And don't forget Hossa, I think someone has a :evil: voodoo doll full of pins with a #81 on the back.

#645 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

it wasn't the BEST game they could have played but you're being a little over critical I think. They beat arguably the best team in the league and at times showed complete dominance over them. They are starting to roll, it will only get better.

"AT TIMES" is th problem.

Edited by nutz2u, 08 March 2010 - 10:00 AM.

#646 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

Finally finished watching the game, had to DVR it. I'm still waiting for the world to end. I can't believe we got a goal called back in our favor :shock: What an awful call it was to, but were owed many, many more.

Glad to see the guys finishing some of their chances, Fil actually scored going to the net. Datsyuk was great. Z made some nice plays as well. Bert had a good game before he folded up.

I still hate the way this team plays with a lead, it makes no sense. Our team is not set up to play prevent defense, I wish they'd stop trying. I'm glad there wasn't 5 more minutes left in that one.

Jimmy has not been as strong since we've returned from the break. Without him we have no goaltending, so if anyone reading this is the religious sort? Please pray for Jimmy and the Wings :D

I can't believe the Hawks didn't take a flier on Roloson? They can't be serious about putting Huet in goal for a meaningful game can they? I guess they're going with the rook? I guess we're in the same situation if Howard gets injured or starts feeling the pressure.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#647 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:00 AM

If the Wings won't make it in, I'm rooting for Phoenix all the way.

Same here. I'd want a Phoenix/New Jersey SCF just to see how low the ratings could possibly get.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#648 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

Just watched the game over at my friends house (taped the game). What a game! First period I thought we got out played pretty good but the second was great! This is a nice win for the Wings, much needed win.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#649 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:37 AM

Tomorrow's game against the Flames is going to be huge. The Wings have a chance to go up 3 points on the Flames with another game against them one week from today.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#650 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

Finally finished watching the game, had to DVR it. I'm still waiting for the world to end. I can't believe we got a goal called back in our favor :shock: What an awful call it was to, but were owed many, many more.

Glad to see the guys finishing some of their chances, Fil actually scored going to the net. Datsyuk was great. Z made some nice plays as well. Bert had a good game before he folded up.

I still hate the way this team plays with a lead, it makes no sense. Our team is not set up to play prevent defense, I wish they'd stop trying. I'm glad there wasn't 5 more minutes left in that one.

Jimmy has not been as strong since we've returned from the break. Without him we have no goaltending, so if anyone reading this is the religious sort? Please pray for Jimmy and the Wings :D

I can't believe the Hawks didn't take a flier on Roloson? They can't be serious about putting Huet in goal for a meaningful game can they? I guess they're going with the rook? I guess we're in the same situation if Howard gets injured or starts feeling the pressure.

I'm not sure if a 40 year old goalie would have been the answer for them.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#651 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:01 PM

Though at least the Wings are not paying Osgood $4m.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#652 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

Same here. I'd want a Phoenix/New Jersey SCF just to see how low the ratings could possibly get.

No you have to go one step further.

A Phoenix/Ottawa SCF would do that trick one better. :hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#653 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

Why?...It's these low ratings that brought about the salary cap, and revenue sharing so worthless teams that are "bobbing turds" in a toilet can survive in todays NHL.

More poor ratings would only = Gary B getting more support from the collective whole (read BOG) to be their savior <_<

#654 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

No you have to go one step further.

A Phoenix/Ottawa SCF would do that trick one better. :hehe:

<_<

#655 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

<_<

What, don't you want to see the Phoenix Coyotes playing a daytime NBC game in the WCF?

I can just see the hype for that s***. :lol:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#656 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:55 PM

What, don't you want to see the Phoenix Coyotes playing a daytime NBC game in the WCF?

I can just see the hype for that s***. :lol:

Ya know - you're probably right on that one...Just this once would Bettman put enough pressure on NBC to air ads to promote upcoming games during prime-time tv (think of the preacher heading outside from the parish, and standing in the middle of the interstate to preach while cars whizz by)...Can't let their precious baby go unoticed :rolleyes:

#657 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

lol
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#658 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

lol

we need a quality animated gif of that one! :lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#659 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

i heard the hawks were thinking about calling in Eddie the Eagle in relief or swiss cheese and the sieve (huet + niemi)

#660 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:55 PM

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if Hank has had some lingering injury from last season...Just doesn't look like himself out there.

Separated shoulder lingering, IMO. Those injuries take a while to come back from completely. Cleary looks to be having the same kind of problems.