• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
revmo10

Zetterberg needs to step it up

Rate this topic

Zetterberg isn't on pace for anymore assists than he has been getting the past few years. He just isn't on pace for 35-40 goals. Tough year with injuries, not only his own, but those of his linemates. Datsyuk always gets to play with the other top forwards, Z gets the leftovers.

As far as 'Z playign with leftovers' is concerned:

I'd say Z is more suited to playing with more, how should we say 'average' linemates as he is the type of guy who despite scoring less than he shoud is the more consistent of the Euro Twins. Z might be hurt and tired but it does still look like a concerted effort is given when humanly possible. Case in point is his great PK numbers and better PPG vs. Datsyuk this season.

Another guy with skill would probably help him though. And right now Fil is that guy. I'm never exactly sure what kind of skill guy would be best with Z because as good as he is at making plays he also has a taste for scoring goals. I think both of his linemates should be capable of setting him up for shots so that he's not the only one sharing the puck.

Interesting that his interviews after the game on the Red Wings website Z said he "might've been doing the same thing if it went the other way" as in if the Wings were losing he would have been the one doing the slashing.

I don't know about that. Z is pretty sneaky sometimes with a slash here or there but I don't think he would be instigating to the magnitude of last night's.

Z also said the whole scrum happened because the puck was there. Hmm... Maybe he's better at being political and talking to the press than I thought. He was pretty nice about his descriptions.

The look on Z's face in that WingsFights clip of the scrum is awesome.

It's truly an exaggeration but it reminded me of Pulp Fiction and Sammy J's, "Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherf***er, say what one more Goddamn time!"

Sometimes when you watch Z play against Sid you kind of think to yourself, "Wow, if I was against Z and if he's playing like that then I would not like to play against him at all." It's just downright annoying when your opponent never lets you have any space/ice, never lets you have any time with the puck and seemingly wants it more than you during too many races.

Man I know its said all the time but... when Crosby and Zetters go head to head there is just no comparing the two. Zetterberg just has Crosby figured out.

Crosby is Zee's *****.

EDIT: When all is said and done between the Ovechkin Crosby rivalry, ie. after they retire I hope there are a few people out there who remember Zetterberg dominating both of them when they are on the same ice surface.

Edited by BlakKy

"I don't know what he was doing there" said a certain someone about Jimmy coming in to defend Z.

It's just funny because I was thinking the same thing about a certain someone's positioning on Z's first goal.

Z also said the whole scrum happened because the puck was there. Hmm... Maybe he's better at being political and talking to the press than I thought. He was pretty nice about his descriptions.

He wouldn't say anything cross about Crosby or anyone else, he's the consummate professional. Even when Malkin went after him last summer he was interviewed moments after it happened, when all that adrenaline would still be flowing, and he was totally calm and shrugged it off.

Anyways, when he had that good game against Minnesota I was kind of skeptical about him being "back," but these last two games have been classic Hank. He's killing it on the backhand, driving to the net, finally being Zetterberg again. Maybe his shoulder finally feels all better now?

He wouldn't say anything cross about Crosby or anyone else, he's the consummate professional. Even when Malkin went after him last summer he was interviewed moments after it happened, when all that adrenaline would still be flowing, and he was totally calm and shrugged it off.

Anyways, when he had that good game against Minnesota I was kind of skeptical about him being "back," but these last two games have been classic Hank. He's killing it on the backhand, driving to the net, finally being Zetterberg again. Maybe his shoulder finally feels all better now?

I was thinking the same thing. And I hope its true. There's nobody better all-around than Z when he's at the top of his game.

Finally watched the game in its entirety. I feel like that was one of Z's better games this season and he was a real fireball out there. At the same time, I feel like he can be better. And not in the sense of "he could play harder" but more like he hasn't reached his best form yet. In the sense that, wow, if he's this good now, he should be even gooder if he keeps going at this rate.

Finally watched the game in its entirety. I feel like that was one of Z's better games this season and he was a real fireball out there. At the same time, I feel like he can be better. And not in the sense of "he could play harder" but more like he hasn't reached his best form yet. In the sense that, wow, if he's this good now, he should be even gooder if he keeps going at this rate.

imaging if he is just getting started and reaching his peak form. couldnt come in a better time than when wings are fighting for a playoff spot / going into the playoffs.

expect him to make noise in the playoffs (if wings make it :P ) !

edit: he now has 15 points in his last 10 :thumbup:

Edited by hak

Man I know its said all the time but... when Crosby and Zetters go head to head there is just no comparing the two. Zetterberg just has Crosby figured out.

Crosby is Zee's *****.

EDIT: When all is said and done between the Ovechkin Crosby rivalry, ie. after they retire I hope there are a few people out there who remember Zetterberg dominating both of them when they are on the same ice surface.

If we ever played the Caps in the SCF I actually think Babs would use Pavel against Ovechkin. Pav completely owned him when we faced them in the regular season earlier this year.

Z is really the perfect counter-measure against Crosby though.

1065886952.jpg

Just wanted to add to the already discussed "scrum" at the end of last nights game!!!

Love the intensity in Z's face and also some in Kronwalls!!!

Edited by CHoZo