• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
king_malice

Life after Lids

Rate this topic

Stuart isn't known for putting up big numbers, his number this year are down but which player on the Wings numbers aren't down. He plays well under pressure has the skill to put up 30-50pts a season and showed it this season with all the injuries.

At the end of the conference final, it was pretty much made clear who was going to take over the C when Lids was hurt and Z went to accept the trophy. So it has to be the following:

C - Z

A - Pav

A - Kronner/Mule

Stuart will not be resinging as a red wing when his contract is up. I really don't see Raffy as a complete team leader even though he has a lot of experience. Another two guys you could throw in the mix I think is Filppula or Helm. And is it time you could even throw a 'A' on Homers jersey???

At the end of the conference final, it was pretty much made clear who was going to take over the C when Lids was hurt and Z went to accept the trophy. So it has to be the following:

C - Z

A - Pav

A - Kronner/Mule

Stuart will not be resinging as a red wing when his contract is up. I really don't see Raffy as a complete team leader even though he has a lot of experience. Another two guys you could throw in the mix I think is Filppula or Helm. And is it time you could even throw a 'A' on Homers jersey???

Why wouldn't he be resigning?

As for life after Lids :crybaby: I have (If Draper retires too):

C - Zetterberg

A - Datsyuk

A - Kronwall

A - Stuart

If Kronwall doesn't get or at least share an A, I'm gonna.... well I'm gonna be real mad!

you guys didn't hear? In the next CBA it will announced that Sidney Crosby will be Captain of the NHL. and since nobody can hold his jock, there will be no Alternate Captains. They have embedded a chip inside of him that allows him to be contacted at anytime during the day to discuss plays and watch replays to help officials make the correct calls.

lol

C - Z

A - Pav

A - Kronner/Mule

I actually don't see Stuart wearing a letter because of how soft spoken he is...

On that note, I strongly disagree with your other statement - I see Stuart retiring a Red Wing. He and his family have made it very clear they want to stay somewhere where they can set roots and with how the organization handles its players, the way the team is ALWAYS competitive and the fact that he seems very happy and at home here, all signs point to him being a long timer...

Also, lets all CROSS OUR FINGERS that we have Lidstrom for at least 2 more years, at which time Rafalski's contract will be up as well and I assume he will hang them up at that time too and I'm guessing Draper retires after the 2011 season... so basically, there will be a pretty drastic changing of the guard so to speak in 2012 and I think the obvious choices will be:

C - Zetterberg

A - Datsyuk

A - Kronwall

as others have said, I think the 3 rotating A's is basically only out of respect to Draper when everyone knows that Z and Dats are the clear ones right now and with Kronwall's maturation, the fact he is a home grown guy and his overall solid play, he appears to be the obvious choice to me... I don't think NA vs. European matters to the Wings brass when making these choices and thus is irrelevant.

<sigh>

Too bad Sammy left.

Sammy C

Homer A

Mule A

The interviews would so lift the spirits of the entire organization that they would ride a cloud of laughter to the Cup every year. Mule would have to stop improving and saying "pardon my French" when he slips up.

Lids will retire a Wing and I can see him behind the bench as a Defensive Coach and or in upper management with Stevie.

Z will get the C, but at the same time the Wings will acquire another strong #1 to replace Lids the best they can.

you guys didn't hear? In the next CBA it will announced that Sidney Crosby will be Captain of the NHL. and since nobody can hold his jock, there will be no Alternate Captains. They have embedded a chip inside of him that allows him to be contacted at anytime during the day to discuss plays and watch replays to help officials make the correct calls.

LULLLLZ

Possibly post of the year so far.

He will be reffered to by the media and his peers as Mr. Crosby. Also no longer wears equipment, just a superman outfit with Bettman's face on the back to replace his number.

I've never believed in life after Lids.. I think it just ends, everything goes dark.. no bright light, no Zetterberg captain, no nothing.

Gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

Yes sir. You took the words out of my mouth.

Z - C

Pasha - A

N.K. - A

^^

No life after Lids for me. :(

I could see Yzerman coming for several years prior, Feds was shocking but I survived, Shanny was a long term rental, but Lidstrom was always there......not sure what will happen, not looking forward to it. It's the apocalypse as far as I am concerned. :(

Ya i never want Lids to retire EVER EVER but i am also curious to see how the team will react with the extra cap to how they will preform i think everyone is going to step up bigtime and should be pretty exciting to see them all rise to the challenge, but again i never want to see him go but its gotta happen sometime.

Ya i never want Lids to retire EVER EVER but i am also curious to see how the team will react with the extra cap to how they will preform i think everyone is going to step up bigtime and should be pretty exciting to see them all rise to the challenge, but again i never want to see him go but its gotta happen sometime.

I don't think there will be major splashes, I think he will take a considerable discount over the next one year contract and again if he comes back for yet another year (crossing fingers), but I think we'll spend that cap space next year with another scorer and leave a little left over... then when the unspeakable finally comes, I think we'll use that remaining cap to give Kronwall the raise he deserves to keep him and spend the rest on a 2nd pairing d-man depending on Ericsson/Kindl/Smith's development...

Realistically - in 2013, I see our D being something along the lines of:

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson/Kindl-(Acqusition)

Ericsson/Kindl-Smith/(Acqusition)

Guest Lidstromboli

^^

No life after Lids for me. :(

I could see Yzerman coming for several years prior, Feds was shocking but I survived, Shanny was a long term rental, but Lidstrom was always there......not sure what will happen, not looking forward to it. It's the apocalypse as far as I am concerned. :(

344e1cz.gif

Certainly, Lids has been the heartbeat - ticking like clockwork - of this team for over a decade now. Moreover, despite his drop in production, very few could deny that he is still playing at an incredibly high level and is, no doubt, still a top-5 D-man in this league.

IMO, what would be best for the Wings is to have Lids stick around for a couple more seasons (on one-year contracts) so that the team can slowly begin to acclimate to his reduced role. When you've been paced by possibly the best all around D-man of all time for a decade and a half, you've got to rip the band-aid off slowly. I think that it would be incredibly beneficial for our current second-tier D-men (Kronwall, Stuart, et al) to ease into a role of greater responsibility while Lids is still around to a) lend us his incredible skills and smarts and b) continue to mentor the young guys (*cough* Ericsson *cough*).

Hell, maybe I'm just grasping at justification for the fact that I NEVER want Lidstrom to retire. Not Ever. Nonetheless, Lids doesn't owe this franchise anything and, in the end, he deserves to go out on whichever terms seem best to him.

.....O ya. And to answer the question:

C - Zetterberg

A - Datsyuk

A - Kronwall

Edited by DirtyD