• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 7 at Coyotes 4

Rate this topic

Is Kronwalled a term that was started on these boards? That's the impression I've always had. But I could have swore I just heard Kenny say someone got 'Kronwalled'.

Kronwalled was a term that started here on LGW, I don't recall who.

I used it and created the Kronwalled demotivational that was emailed to the entire planet. Im not surprised he used/is familiar with the term.

There's no telling which Wings team we'll see here in the third.

I just hope it's the same team that picked up that physicality that 2nd period. For once we hit them for a change.

like i said, the wings can play that game, that proved it, their defense was shaky though, stuey is the only one who hit anybody, at least he destroyed the guy that he hit

Don't know why, but it really pisses me off that the Coyotes couldn't sell out games when the practically gave away tickets and now everybody pretends they really give a s*** about the Coyotes' success...

The only people at that arena I respect are the ones that were there in September.

Wings are extremely sloppy and losing battles all over the ice. GOTTA FOCUS. I'm confident they will be MUCH better in the 2nd and 3rd and maybeeee tie it up before the first period ends.

Whatever you do, do NOT misplace that crystal ball! :):thumbup:

Don't know why, but it really pisses me off that the Coyotes couldn't sell out games when the practically gave away tickets and now everybody pretends they really give a s*** about the Coyotes' success...

The only people at that arena I respect are the ones that were there in September.

Just like the Arizona Cardinals, who used to play in that empty stadium until they became good.

Bunch of fairweather pricks. That whole area is a s***ty place for pro sports fans. Just like Atlanta, they're all fairweather who only show up in the playoffs.

That "Kronwalled" defintion on the inspirationl poster w/ the pic of Kronwall destroying Havlat was emailed all over the place. Can't remember if that one originated on this board.

I know. It was just funny hearing him say it! :lol:

Yeah..i bet there are a TON of brand new white jerseys there..

One of the main skills of a good goalie is being able to either a) control your rebounds or b) absorb the puck.

That said, you should always direct your rebounds towards the corners if you have to give them up on shots from the middle. You should direct your rebounds towards the end boards if you are taking a shot from the side.

This is based on the meaning that if you drew a line from the goal post to the dot and then to the boards on that side, on each side, the area between those lines is the "middle" area and the area below it is the "side" area.

Beyond that, a goalie has to know when he can drop the puck if he is holding it and when to just freeze it.

Howard has a tendency to drop the puck with opposing players around, or to kick rebounds into the slot right to opposing players. He has had a great year, but this series has shown that he still needs to improve in some basic areas.

All goalies give up bad rebounds from time to time. Even the best goalies give up wide open chances. Its just the way the puck bounces. That is why these are 7 game series. It eliminates how a bad bounce can determine a series or a hot goalie can determine a series if he is only hot one game.

Watch this game in its entirety and count how many saves Howard has made where he has done as you said or covered it with no rebound. Do the same with Bryz. You will see both have given up their fair share of bad rebounds. The main difference here is that as a Wings fan, you only remember the bad things from your own goalie and see the good things from Bryz.

To blame every goal Howard has allowed on him is pretty harsh and inaccurate.

Just like the Arizona Cardinals, who used to play in that empty stadium until they became good.

Bunch of fairweather pricks. That whole area is a s***ty place for pro sports fans. Just like Atlanta, they're all fairweather who only show up in the playoffs.

Yup. I can understand not being able to be a season ticket holder. Or go to more than a couple of games because money is tight, but that team has such a "fanbase" that they couldn't turn a profit ever in existence and the only person in the World who gave a s*** they were going to be moved was Bettman.

It actually doesn't look like this game is even sold out. See empty seats in the 100 level...guess the playoff novelty wore off...