• Please log in to reply
1142 replies to this topic

#41 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

Please dear God hit someone. I'm looking for that classic Kronwall check tonight. Itd be nice if he caught Wolski with his head down trying to play it out of the Yotes zone.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

Have to work but thx for a ten o clock start I can see at least the 3rd!!! Go Wings!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#43 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:41 PM

If anyone has an iPhone download the justin.tv app. I watched the entire Caps Habs game last night while at work through my iPhone
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#44 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

Definitely looking forward to Abdelkader adding some much needed physicality. I'll be watching this at work, so let's see a Wings win to make my night a little better :P

Posted Image

#45 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

I have a good feeling tonight. In the playoffs the past 3 years the Wings generally respond when a team suckerpunches them (metaphorically of course), and with Abdelkader coming in I think the Wings will have the jump, added with their usual skill level, and maybe Abdelkader will inspire some of the other guys to equal Phoenix and neutralize the effect of their play.

The only thing that really, truly worries me is the penalty kill. I just hope that was a fluky bad night. They just have to avoid getting back on their heels (which Abdelkader should help with, along with Stuart on the powerplay) and they should be fine.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#46 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

Doan had an almost Drake-like effect out there when he was going hit-crazy...

Here's hoping Doan doesn't "almost effect the game as much as Drake" (ROFL) this game.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#47 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

Here's hoping the Wings come out and play a full 60, and kick maximum ass along the way.

And you won't be able to watch the game because baseball is on, right?

#48 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

4-2 wings. Book it.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#49 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

anyone else notice nobody has won by more than 1 goal in all of the 7 playoff games so far? What's up with that? (If someone did please correct me, because I don't feel like looking)

I don't really think it's fair to the better teams that earn a bigger lead, then have to get ticky tack calls made on them to give other teams an opportunity. I hope that don't happen tonight.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#50 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

anyone else notice nobody has won by more than 1 goal in all of the 7 playoff games so far? What's up with that? (If someone did please correct me, because I don't feel like looking)

I don't really think it's fair to the better teams that earn a bigger lead, then have to get ticky tack calls made on them to give other teams an opportunity. I hope that don't happen tonight.

Salary cap finally caught up with all teams in the playoffs.

#51 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

Here's hoping Doan doesn't "almost effect the game as much as Drake" (ROFL) this game.

Yeah, he might actually provide some offense. :hehe:

Posted Image

#52 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

"No more talk! We go in! We KILL!"
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iRmOc10SMw"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_iRmOc10SMw[/url]

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#53 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

Wings game is on Center Ice as well since it is a Join In Progress with Versus.

If it is the Phoenix feed I will watch it until the Versus feed is available. If its FSD, I am saved from Versus.

Right now, our game's listed on Fox Detroit at 9 pm here in Texas. Versus seems to be picking up the feed at 10pm. OH, I hope we get the Deetroit feed. Please, PLEASE??!!

Here's some great news: just checked my Center Ice thru DISH - it appears that every game tonight will be aired on Center Ice, and even better - the Detroit feed will be in HD :thumbup:

Good point! I just checked Center Ice and it's on there. Both team's feeds are listed in wusspic and in HD. Yeehaaaa!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#54 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

Salary cap finally caught up with all teams in the playoffs.

Are you kidding me? LOL. I don't think so.

There are still a handful of teams with superior talent, that still get bogged down by penalties all because they had 2 calls which were perfectly legit, and then the other team gets 2 calls go their way which end up such weak, pathetic calls, just because the refs feel they owe em something, or because the box score shows uneven penalties. So why bother pretend to be objective then? The refs dig themselves a hole here doing it, too.

Teams that get more than a 1 goal lead in playoff games end up penalized for it. Sometimes they can still work through it, but I believe the refs give the weaker, or team getting beat, more opportunities. Pay attention to it.

I'm telling you...
There isn't enough parity in the league yet to say all teams are close to equal. Do you really think Phx is on the level of Detroit? Or that Colorado is on the level of SJ? Or that LA is on the level of Vancouver? Or that Washington is as bad as Montreal? Come on.

It'll be interesting to see this chicago game tonight.

It doesn't benefit the league to have good teams get eliminated. Nobody wants to see LA vs Montreal in the finals.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#55 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

datsyuk with 47 - i agree
abdelkader puts doan in the hospital for 2 weeks
bertuzzi mans up
and wheres howard? all i see is a brick wall....

anybody notice the pattern of refs giving penalties right after the teams score in the nhl? its wierd.... happens about 1-2 min after the goal.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#56 ChitownWingsfan

ChitownWingsfan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

LGW!

So hate on but guess what, I feel like I can't miss,
I know they want me to fall, But ain't nothin' bigger than this, So just pass me the ball

Posted Image
No Further Trades Needed

#57 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Abby nets one!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

Please tighten up on the penalty kill.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#59 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

The return of Darth Kader:

Posted Image

Go Wings!!

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#60 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

abdelkader will get another fluke playoff goal and everyone will speak of his amazing offensive prowess :ph34r:

Posted Image