• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NvrFrgtRussian5

petition to chant Howie! Howie!

Rate this topic

Please fan this page. Lets get this spread around. Last night there was much confusion among the crowd. Some wanted or did chant Howie! Howie! while the rest chanted Jimmy, Jimmy.

While Jimmy heard the chants of support, lets start a cohesive chant.

Howie is his nickname. He even has it on the back of his helmet. We have the long standing chant of Ozzie, Ozzie; adding Howie, Howie just seems fitting. Howie just rolls off the tounge so much smoother than Jimmy.

So please let's get the word out there!

HOWIE HOWIE HOWIE!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Howie-Howie-not-Jimmy-Jimmy/119985064685554?v=info&ref=sgm

ok. i live in Winnipeg though, so everytime howard makes a save, i'll hang my head out the front door and yell howie, howie...i'm sure my neighbours will catch on along.

on a more serious note, they should just put HOWIE on the jumbotron at JLA when hye makes saves. the fans will get it going sooner or later.

What little I heard through the TSN feed sounded like Jimmy Jimmy to me?

But the only time I Really picked it up was after the Helmet coming off, at that point maybe the fans had there s*** together, plus I was listening to it pretty low, until the mask popped off, then I turned that s*** UP!!!!

throughout the game it was gargled. YOu may not have heard it on tv, but in person you could. My section was on board with Howie but the section next to us went with Jimmy.

Now when he was announced #1 star, it was basically Jimmy's. I mean, I chanted Jimmy simply for the fact of keeping it sounding clear.

Although after leaving the game, myself and the guys I was with chanted howie, howie walking in the concourse and outside. And I was stopped by at least 15 people that said "omg, I was chanting that too! But then everyone started with Jimmy Jimmy." So it seems like a lot of people were just as confused and wanted to go with Howie until it was just garbled noise.

It sounded just like noise yesterday when 10,000 were chanting howie and 10,000 chanting Jimmy.

Does it sound like noise when we chant Ozzie? No.

Fine, if you think this is important enough to crusade about, Howie it is. Have fun frothing at the mouth over the 3,212th most important issue of the playoffs.

Guest Four

The way I see it is

how-WEEEE

how-WEEEE

how-WEEEE

versus

Jim-mee

Jim-mee

Jim-mee

I like Jimmy

Why does it matter what the chant is, as long as we are supporting our goalie. If you want my opinion i would say Jimmy over Howie, but I will go with whatever everyone else is chanting.

I think Howie is the best option as well. If he has it on the back of his helmet then why wouldn't you chant that...

Because Howie was the name of my mini dachsund before I got him so that's all I can picture, :hehe:. Maybe that's why I want to make up a tiny player t-shirt with Howie on the back of it for him :yowza:

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I was at the game yesterday and I really did not like the "Howie" chants. It just sounded like loud noise. Wasn't very audible. Jimmy chants were much better.

I was at the game yesterday and I really did not like the "Howie" chants. It just sounded like loud noise. Wasn't very audible. Jimmy chants were much better.

I still think they only sounded like that because some were saying one thing while others were saying one thing. How would Howie be any more inaudible than ozzie? or Loooouuuuuuu? or any other chant for that matter.

I just think his nick name is Howie, his mask says howie his teammates call him howie. So why would WE not call him Howie?