ccm jersey or reebok premiere?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Kayla Veres

Kayla Veres

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:18 PM

Hello everyone! This is my first post but I am no stranger to this forum. Have been coming here for almost 2 years now and I'm just shy when it comes to posting. I am in the market to purchase a jersey and I have a couple questions.

I see that sportsk.com is recommended amongst you all for purchasing your jerseys and I see they are also selling the 2007 ccm jerseys and from what I have read the reebok premiere ones aren't as nice. Should I purchase the ccm 2007 version or the reebok premiere? I know that sportsk.com sews the letters on but is there a different in quality between the two?

Thank you all in advance and if there is any threads that have already discussed this and I have missed please let me know!

#2 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

I like the RBK jerseys more than the CCM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

I like the RBK jerseys more than the CCM.

I have both, and I agree.

#4 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

The RBK jersey with give you a slimmer fit than the CCM jerseys. The RBK still gives you plenty of room though, it's just more slimline. I actually like it a lot better.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#5 Kayla Veres

Kayla Veres

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

The RBK jersey with give you a slimmer fit than the CCM jerseys. The RBK still gives you plenty of room though, it's just more slimline. I actually like it a lot better.

I'm not sure how the sizing chart works since I'm a girl. I can wear my boyfriends t-shirts and he wears a medium. I'm just not sure that being only 5ft tall if I will look like I'm wearing a huge dress lol

#6 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

Hello everyone! This is my first post but I am no stranger to this forum. Have been coming here for almost 2 years now and I'm just shy when it comes to posting. I am in the market to purchase a jersey and I have a couple questions.

I see that sportsk.com is recommended amongst you all for purchasing your jerseys and I see they are also selling the 2007 ccm jerseys and from what I have read the reebok premiere ones aren't as nice. Should I purchase the ccm 2007 version or the reebok premiere? I know that sportsk.com sews the letters on but is there a different in quality between the two?

Thank you all in advance and if there is any threads that have already discussed this and I have missed please let me know!

I'm not sure how the sizing chart works since I'm a girl. I can wear my boyfriends t-shirts and he wears a medium. I'm just not sure that being only 5ft tall if I will look like I'm wearing a huge dress lol

It's all personal choice. They both have their ups and downs.

First off, sizing. The sizes between the two are going to be different, as there are a few variations on how the jerseys are cut. The best guide I've found to explain the differences is at IceJerseys.com. The CCM that you see on SportsK is included in that chart, about 1/4 of the way down, listed as "CCM 550 Vintage", and of course the RBK Premiere is there as well.

As far as design differences, The RBK jersey will have the NHL shield on the front of the collar/neck, whereas the CCM will not (not surprising, considering the NHL shield was only added in when the teams all changed to the new styles). Also, the RBK jersey will have the sizing tag on the front left of the jersey, but the CCM does not.

RBK Premier is on the left, CCM 550 on the right
Attached File  Picture 1.png   156.52KB   35 downloadsAttached File  Picture 2.png   168.26KB   35 downloads

I have 8 CCM jerseys, all purchased before the switch to the new RBK jersey style. I do have an Edge/Authentic Winter Classic jersey, but I don't own any of the Premier/Replicas. But, from what I've seen from a few trips to Hockeytown Authentics and the Joe, the material on the Premier/Replica and the CCM/Replica is identical (or very close to it). So no major difference there.

Oh, and I guarantee you will not be disappointed by ordering from SportsK. They are hands down the best place for Wings jerseys on the net, and are literally the only place I shop if I want a new Wings sweater.

Hope all of this helps! And welcome to LGW!

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#7 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:52 PM

RBK does make a womens jersey.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Kayla Veres

Kayla Veres

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Thank you so much everyone for the fast and detailed answers! Nice name Jedi. My boyfriend is a HUGE star wars fan and I am now by default lol. I'm gonna sit on my options for the next few days and figure out which one would be best. What turned me off about the reebok jerseys is the fact that if you purchase them online or in stores the letters are heat pressed on. But since I'm going to order through sportsk I guess it doesn't really matter. Thanks again everyone I really appreciate the responses and the friendly welcome :D

#9 Kayla Veres

Kayla Veres

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

RBK does make a womens jersey.

I know but I want the real deal, even if it is the replica.

#10 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:21 PM

If you can wear your boyfirend's medium shirts comfortably, a medium will probably fit you pretty well.

Personally I like to go a size or two larger (I think jerseys look better that way), but it's personal choice.

Here's a good jersey sizing chart.

#11 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:39 AM

i get mine from china. because i can't afford one from nhl.com... seriously $379.00...i get mine right here

#12 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:51 AM

i get mine from china. because i can't afford one from nhl.com... seriously $379.00...i get mine right here

the numbers on those jerseys are horrendous.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:00 AM

the numbers on those jerseys are horrendous.

for $350 less...i will take my s***ty numbers, thank you :D . i have bought 5 jerseys from different sellers and the majority of them look pretty chill. my boy got a funny winter classic jersey with the "d" on the from turned upside down...they gave him his money back (including shipping) after he emailed a picture. he got to keep the jersey to get a good laugh.

#14 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:29 AM

I'm a fan of the older CCM jerseys; to me they appear to have a more sturdy construction, and a looser fit...I've tried on a new RBK replica Wings jersey, and hated it; I found it too slimming throughout the chest, and they don't hide my love handles as well either :blush:

EDIT - and don't hesitate to buy a jersey from Sportsk.com - they're fantastic!

:lol:

Edited by F.Michael, 22 April 2010 - 07:28 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#15 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:35 AM

for $350 less...i will take my s***ty numbers, thank you :D . i have bought 5 jerseys from different sellers and the majority of them look pretty chill. my boy got a funny winter classic jersey with the "d" on the from turned upside down...they gave him his money back (including shipping) after he emailed a picture. he got to keep the jersey to get a good laugh.

I've grabbed one from DHGate, too. I ended up selling it. My only question for you is, if you've purchased 5 jerseys at roughly $50 a pop - why not just buy 1 RBK Premier from SportsK and have it customized?

That's just me - but it's the route I'm going to take.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#16 Christoph

Christoph

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:03 AM

A little OT......I have a Reebok Premier and a couple of CCM jerseys. I just bought a Reebok Premier jersey from SportsK. With all of my other jerseys they just go in the washer with cold water on the delicate cycle. I have never had any issues with any other them, and have had my Yzerman jersey for about 12 years. SportsK recommends hand washing the jerseys from them. Does anyone actually do this? I am not sure why they would require and different handling than my other jerseys.

#17 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:20 AM

A little OT......I have a Reebok Premier and a couple of CCM jerseys. I just bought a Reebok Premier jersey from SportsK. With all of my other jerseys they just go in the washer with cold water on the delicate cycle. I have never had any issues with any other them, and have had my Yzerman jersey for about 12 years. SportsK recommends hand washing the jerseys from them. Does anyone actually do this? I am not sure why they would require and different handling than my other jerseys.

I do the same as you - although I'll turn my jerseys inside-out before I wash them in cold water on the gentle/delicate cycle (I've heard many years ago that this will reduce wear on the Red Wings logo, but I honestly don't know if that is true, or not - I do it outta habit)...I also prefer Woolite, or Tide detergents, and no fabric softner (fabric softner can cause problems with synthetic fibers).

My guess is that after a few washings the letters/numbers stitching will fray a little bit...I just snip the loose threads; by hand washing you'll probably reduce the chance of this happening, but I don't have a wash tub, nor do I feel like spending the extra time...For me 6 minutes on the gentle cycle is good enough as my jerseys are all spotless :cool:

#18 Christoph

Christoph

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:36 AM

F.Michael,

Yeah I do the whole inside out, Woolite thing, as well. The main reason I asked is that I got my new jersey from SportsK and washed it like that and ended up with pink letters. They got back to me and sent me a UPS label within the hour and are going to make me a new jersey. I have never seen any color run on a polyester jersey before, and it sounded like they never did either.

I was going to wear the new jersey for game 3, so I am pretty sure the Wings lost because I didn't have it. Maybe I should ask SportsK for a free patch or something!

#19 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

F.Michael,

Yeah I do the whole inside out, Woolite thing, as well. The main reason I asked is that I got my new jersey from SportsK and washed it like that and ended up with pink letters. They got back to me and sent me a UPS label within the hour and are going to make me a new jersey. I have never seen any color run on a polyester jersey before, and it sounded like they never did either.

I was going to wear the new jersey for game 3, so I am pretty sure the Wings lost because I didn't have it. Maybe I should ask SportsK for a free patch or something!

Wow - I've never heard/experienced any running of colors/colours before...With synthetic materials such as polyester it's very rare that it would ever happen.

That said SportsK is THE place for Red Wing jerseys; they're top-notch in everything they do - including customer service (if ya ask nicely maybe they'll throw in a 2008 Cup patch) :thumbup:

#20 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

5 jerseys at $50? You could have an authentic with real lettering/numbering for that price.

http://www.sportsk.c...redwiedaur.html

Just saying. Those DHGate jerseys look absolutely terrible.