• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

technically, the money would go back into their pockets then... as it would be money already paid to the PLAYER and would be returned to the league...

True. The league would just get their money back.

Classless move, though. It's not Z's fault that you guys blew a 5-on-3 while our 2nd PK group was in the box. It's not Z's fault that Brad-*******-Stuart scored on a breakaway for what is, in all likelihood, the first time in his career.

The Wings straight up outplayed the Coyotes for 60 minutes last night. It was like watching the late 90's/early 2000's Wings teams that would just possess the puck for an entire game while their opponent tried to play catch up.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#22 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:40 AM

Eh, no biggie. If Hank and his teammates can't be bothered to take it up with Yandle, how bad could it have been?
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#23 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

That made no sense. Re-watch the video.

I just did. Tried to watch his eyes more. Seems like he knew it was in then tripped Z. Still should have been a penalty, but I was trying to see it from his POV as maybe the puck wasn't in. It did hit the roof and fall outside the goal.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#24 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:49 AM

I did see it on the replays last night.
Intent to injure ... what is penalty/punishment for that?

#25 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

Although wreckless and should have been tripping, the puck looked like it may have hit the crossbar, bounced down, and stayed near the line from his POV. The trip may have been trying to get to the puck or keep Z from getting to it.

May not be about "class" here.

No. Just no. And normally I'm one of the first ones to roll my eyes when fellow Wings fans get all hot and bothered about a perceived slight against the Wings because often it's just paranoid smoke-blowing. Not this time - that was as obvious a dick move as can be and I hope the Wings send the tape in to the league.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

There's always next year, and you can be sure that Lilja took note of what happened.

Enjoy s***ting your pants all summer Yandool.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#27 Grateful Gadsby

Grateful Gadsby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:59 AM

No. Just no. And normally I'm one of the first ones to roll my eyes when fellow Wings fans get all hot and bothered about a perceived slight against the Wings because often it's just paranoid smoke-blowing. Not this time - that was as obvious a dick move as can be and I hope the Wings send the tape in to the league.

Agreed. Players who pull that sh*t after a goal are nothing but first-rate jackasses, led by Barrett Jackass in St. Louis. He's perfected the art of the cheap shot punch to the face of anyone who dares to score a goal when he's on the ice, which is all the more ironic since the goal usually follows one of his boneheaded plays.

#28 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

ya, i mentioned this in the other thread. its pretty ridiculous and unclassy of yandle, and the refs dont do anything about it, z is a star player that does not deserve that treatment. yandle should be fined for this.

I have to agree. That trip was pretty classless. As a ref, I would have called that in a heartbeat. Heck, we have seen a lot of players go into the boards like that and get hurt. Doan got a separated shoulder hurdling someone and crashing into the boards. This was premeditated for sure.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#29 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

Yandle should take a tip from Keith Ballard and be pissed at his own players.

#30 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

yea i saw this on the actual goal but didnt see him trip him til the replay. i thought z coulda been hurt cause he went in hard. but then he got up and then i saw the replay and wondered how the ref missed this

#31 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

That was indeed a very scary incident. But I was holding my breath for the last five minutes anyway hoping the Coyotes wouldn't go postal. And they really didn't. For that I'm grateful.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#32 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

Eh, no biggie. If Hank and his teammates can't be bothered to take it up with Yandle, how bad could it have been?

Right. Because answering a dick move by starting a scene is the way to respond when your team is winning 4-1 and dominating.

Why give the Coyotes anything to rally around going into the third period? Yandle got what he deserved - a tee time for tomorrow.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#33 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:05 PM

ya, i mentioned this in the other thread. its pretty ridiculous and unclassy of yandle, and the refs dont do anything about it, z is a star player that does not deserve that treatment. yandle should be fined for this.

Total ***** move by Yandle and he needs to be punished going into next season. :thumbdown:

LOL, fines and suspensions? Don't be such a homer.

#34 HelmerFan

HelmerFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:07 PM

We win they lose. Karma sucks.

#35 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

Right. Because answering a dick move by starting a scene is the way to respond when your team is winning 4-1 and dominating.

Why give the Coyotes anything to rally around going into the third period? Yandle got what he deserved - a tee time for tomorrow.

Men who allow themselves to be abused should expect to be abused. The Wings were not issued a choice - "respond to a cheapshot on your star teammate or win the game", the were given the choice "respond to a cheapshot on your star teammate or do nothing". They chose the latter for some reason.

LOL - "Yandle got what he deserved". Bulls***. Yandle deserved an asskicking and a suspension and a fine. He got away (apparently, we'll wait and see what the league says, but I'm not holding my breath) with a free shot against a star player because the star player, the star player's teammates, and the league didn't do anything about it. Next time Yandle is frustrated, he will likely take the same course of action, as he recieved no negative consequence from it this time.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#36 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

What a gutless play. That's the same type split-second reaction Keith Ballard made when he "accidentally" clubbed Vokoun in the head. I have no respect for Yandle after that.

Also, watch the first part of that replay again (nobody has mentioned this yet). What about the one handed slash across Stuart's upper body as he was shooting the puck!?! WTF? That wasn't even an effort to stop the goal...he just lost it out there. Inexcusable.

I thought the Phoenix fans were fine--The one idiot threw the bottle on the ice, but that is just one guy, and Detroit has idiot fans too. It reminded me of the last game in Winnipeg (same franchise!) where they threw those bottles of chocolate milk or whatever on the ice. Does anyone remember that? I only found this clip, but it shows the final 20 seconds and not stuff being thrown on the ice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61DQc_szzFg&feature=related

Has to be hard for that Phoenix fanbase (even if it is a small one) not to know if they'll have a team next year, and pretty much having that feeling EVERY year until this thing gets resolved.

Edited by StormJH1, 28 April 2010 - 12:22 PM.

#37 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:26 PM

Sure we are unclassy fans for throwing Octopi on other teams ice but the Coyotes players can get away with tripping out players no matter if the goal was scored or not. The ref last night was trying to give the Yotes the victory. I had to go in the other room and not watch it for thos Phoenix Power Plays because I was very angry and was saying some very nasty and distrubing stuff at the TV last night. Go Wings!!

#38 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

what should happen is somone on our team shoulda gone out there and kicked his ass

#39 Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

LOL, fines and suspensions? Don't be such a homer.

Right. And if Z were to get injured on an unnecessary play like that you would be saying what now...? LOL don't be so ignorant.

#40 wmubronco420

wmubronco420

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

looked like a dive to me

Posted Image