• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Hart Trophy Nominees

Rate this topic

Who's the Coyote?

Apostrophe win. :lol:

Gotta be Sedin. No way it should go to Crosby.

Compound that with the fact that the Penguins seem to do worse as a team when Malkin is injured versus when Crosby is injured, which, IMO, shows who's ultimately more valuable to that team.

That's moronic. Malkin doesn't even play with Crosby usually and yet you dismiss Sedin despite his brother being injured for a large chunk of the season. I'm not saying Crosby wouldn't deserve it but come on, you reasoning suck balls.

Didn't you even read what I said?

The fact that Malkin doesn't play with Crosby is one of the reasons he should win it. Crosby has much worse linemates than Sedin for example.

Daniel Sedin played 63 games and had exactly the same ppg as Henrik. They played all that time together. Henrik got most of his points playing with Daniel.

When Malkin gets injured, Crosby has to carry the team. Yes, Henrik has to do that as well when Daniel gets injured. But Crosby didn't get most of his points playing with Malkin unlike Henrik did playing with Daniel.

You get my point? Or do you just hate Crosby so much that you don't want to understand?

"That's moronic"... LOL...

Edited by Finnish Wing

Compound that with the fact that the Penguins seem to do worse as a team when Malkin is injured versus when Crosby is injured, which, IMO, shows who's ultimately more valuable to that team.

Teams tend to step up more when their best player goes down. Maybe the team feels the need to step up more when Crosby is out versus when Malkin is out?

Great to see no goalies on the list.

Washington has a great record w/o Ovechkin in the line-up.

So it's a toss up between Sid the Kid and Hank the Tank!

My vote goes to Hank :) He did great w/o his brother in the lineup!

Crosby missed one game this year, which I believe they lost, so I don't understand your logic. Awards are handed out on a yearly basis, it's about 2009/10, not how his team might have done without Crosby vs. Malkin in 2008, for example, that makes no sense.

Didn't you even read what I said?

The fact that Malkin doesn't play with Crosby is one of the reasons he should win it. Crosby has much worse linemates than Sedin for example.

Daniel Sedin played 63 games and had exactly the same ppg as Henrik. They played all that time together. Henrik got most of his points playing with Daniel.

When Malkin gets injured, Crosby has to carry the team. Yes, Henrik has to do that as well when Daniel gets injured. But Crosby didn't get most of his points playing with Malkin unlike Henrik did playing with Daniel.

You get my point? Or do you just hate Crosby so much that you don't want to understand?

"That's moronic"... LOL...

I wouldn't say that Crosby has worst linemates. I'm pretty sure he was playing with Pony and Guerin alot who are very compareable to Burrows and D. Sedin. When Burrows isn't with the Sedin's he does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Sedin's linemates aren't anything special, neither are Crosby's except Crosby plays on a lethal PP where Sedin plays with his line. Malkin, Gonchar on the PP with Crosby compared to Burrows and like Bieksa or Edler for god's sake.

People always say Crosby plays with bad linemates but how much did Crosby do in the finals the last few years and they still managed the cup last year.

I wouldn't say that Crosby has worst linemates. I'm pretty sure he was playing with Pony and Guerin alot who are very compareable to Burrows and D. Sedin. When Burrows isn't with the Sedin's he does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Sedin's linemates aren't anything special, neither are Crosby's except Crosby plays on a lethal PP where Sedin plays with his line. Malkin, Gonchar on the PP with Crosby compared to Burrows and like Bieksa or Edler for god's sake.

Crosby usually plays with Kunitz and Geurin and they can't even dream of being in Sedin and Burrows' league. They also only had Poni since the trade deadline (and he's been playing with Malkin). Crosby easily has worse linemates than Henrik Sedin, that's not even debatable, even if Poni was his linemate.

Edited by T-Ruff

People always say Crosby plays with bad linemates but how much did Crosby do in the finals the last few years and they still managed the cup last year.

Poni played mostly with Malkin & Fedotenko.....and besides, Pittsburgh didn't even have him until the trade deadline.

Crosby usually plays with Kunitz and Geurin and they can't even dream of being in Sedin and Burrows' league. They also only had Poni since the trade deadline (and he's been playing with Malkin). Crosby easily has worse linemates than Henrik Sedin, that's not even debatable, even if Poni was his linemate.

Guerin might be old but he still has scoring touch, Kunitz on the other hand seems somewhat offensively retarded so I'll give you that one. But honestly I had Burrows for fantasy at the beginning of the season when he wasn't with the Sedins and he nothing at all. Burrows is a product of playing with someone like Henrik that makes him better. Not to mention who Crosby plays with on the PP is twice as stacked as Vancouver's.

Crosby missed one game this year, which I believe they lost, so I don't understand your logic. Awards are handed out on a yearly basis, it's about 2009/10, not how his team might have done without Crosby vs. Malkin in 2008, for example, that makes no sense.

Hmm, I thought he was out more than that this year. My mistake then.

Guerin might be old but he still has scoring touch, Kunitz on the other hand seems somewhat offensively retarded so I'll give you that one. But honestly I had Burrows for fantasy at the beginning of the season when he wasn't with the Sedins and he nothing at all. Burrows is a product of playing with someone like Henrik that makes him better. Not to mention who Crosby plays with on the PP is twice as stacked as Vancouver's.

The Burrows thing doesn't matter. Daniel is almost as good as Henrik. He had the same ppg, but more goals per game. Daniel Sedin alone is better than Guerin and Kunitz.

Not to mention they've played together for years. Don't you think it would easier if Crosby had a bro like that out there? Henrik is still part of a duo and he wouldn't do that well without Daniel. It's a fact no matter how much anyone hates Crosby and is now going to hand me some -1's while I say how Crosby deserves the Hart Trophy and really makes the other players around him much better and Carman hasn't influenced me a one bit and he didn't tell me to say this and don't give me -1 and stuff and.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Don't forget people. These are the three players who received the most points by writers and GMs. It's not like anyone one person said "Hey, these three players were the top three in the league", there was a vote, the votes were counted and these are the top three vote getters. Learn the NHL before making some ridiculous comments.

The Burrows thing doesn't matter. Daniel is almost as good as Henrik. He had the same ppg, but more goals per game. Daniel Sedin alone is better than Guerin and Kunitz.

Not to mention they've played together for years. Don't you think it would easier if Crosby had a bro like that out there? Henrik is still part of a duo and he wouldn't do that well without Daniel. It's a fact no matter how much anyone hates Crosby and is now going to hand me some -1's while I say how Crosby deserves the Hart Trophy and really makes the other players around him much better and Carman hasn't influenced me a one bit and he didn't tell me to say this and don't give me -1 and stuff and.

Yeah but Henrik showed that he could produce without Daniel on his line at the same pace so he isn't dependent on him for points. Henrik is a great play maker. Right on the same level as Crosby and Henrik showed it this year.

With Crosby out the Pens keep on chugging. Had Henrik went down I don't know if the same could be said because Vancouver doesn't have much else to score.

Don't forget people. These are the three players who received the most points by writers and GMs. It's not like anyone one person said "Hey, these three players were the top three in the league", there was a vote, the votes were counted and these are the top three vote getters. Learn the NHL before making some ridiculous comments.

It still means that some people (more likely many) chose Ovechkin over Miller. That's one thing I don't understand.

It still means that some people (more likely many) chose Ovechkin over Miller. That's one thing I don't understand.

Because Ovie is obviously more clutch.

Plus, you never know. Let's say it ends like this:

1. Sedin/Crosby 300 points

2. Sedin/Crosby 275 points

3. Ovechkin 125 points, 10 First place votes

4. Miller 120 points, 20 first place votes

It could have been that close, but since Ovie had slightly more voting points, he edged out Miller for third or something.

Edited by Konnan511