• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown Red Wings

For Those Who Rely on Versus For Wings Games

Rate this topic

Just to let you know ahead of time, Versus claims coverage of Game 3. What they are actually covering is the last 20 minutes of regulation. This is because they are also covering the Penguins game which starts at 7pm and won't be switching coverage to the Wings until the Pens game is complete (approx. 9:30). Make plans accordingly.

For those lucky enough to have FS-Detroit or could afford Center Ice this season, move along.

:scared:

That sucks ass.

On to internet streams.

What were the chances they'd show our game instead of the Pens? <_<

Which is funny because what series has more intrigue? Habs v. Pens? Or Wings v. Sharks? I'd go with the latter obviously. I can see how some would find intrigue in the Pens v Habs series but most aren't even giving the Habs a shot to win 2 games let alone the series. Although most didn't think they would win a game against the Caps.

For those lucky enough to have FS-Detroit or could afford Center Ice this season, move along.

From my experience (in Houston w/DirecTV & the Center Ice pkg), even if you have the Center Ice package, since Versus has exclusive rights to the game, Center Ice will not show that game. This has happened all year long, even when DirecTV dropped Versus. It is completely ridiculous.

If I could, I would watch every game on FSD. I never get to see Kenny and Mickey after the regualar season aside from a game or two in round one. Anyone else have this problem in the US?

From my experience (in Houston w/DirecTV & the Center Ice pkg), even if you have the Center Ice package, since Versus has exclusive rights to the game, Center Ice will not show that game. This has happened all year long, even when DirecTV dropped Versus. It is completely ridiculous.

If I could, I would watch every game on FSD. I never get to see Kenny and Mickey after the regualar season aside from a game or two in round one. Anyone else have this problem in the US?

sent you a pm

TSN ftw!

I should have said "NO CANADIENS ALLOWED!"

Is it Canadian or Canadien? I can never keep it straight.

RONSOLO, last night was the only VS exclusive game, I THINK. Center Ice should have the game on at the least, even if it is the Sharks feed. It should always be the Wings feed when possible.

Yeupp. We're near Austin and we have Directv and Center Ice. Center Ice hasn't shown crap since the playoffs began. Or if they did, it wasn't anything I wanted to watch. FSD is blacked out here when the game's on Versus. It better the hell be available on FSD if they don't START showing it on Versus. Like I give a s*** about them anyway. I HATE being a captive audience of theirs. :ranting:

I should have said "NO CANADIENS ALLOWED!"

Is it Canadian or Canadien? I can never keep it straight.

RONSOLO, last night was the only VS exclusive game, I THINK. Center Ice should have the game on at the least, even if it is the Sharks feed. It should always be the Wings feed when possible.

OH, I hope to hell you're right. :angry:

For Tuesday, 5/4, Versus shows a ONE HALF HOUR FEED of the Sharks/Red Wings game. There are NO listings here on Center Ice, and the Tigers and the Twins are playing on FSD, AND FSDa.

s***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called directv and it looks like it will be showing on center ice.

And if your in the detroit area you probably get it on FSD.

Do you mind telling me where you live? Thanks.

http://www.atdhe.net/

great place for online streams, in case any of you need it. :)

atdhe works like 40% of the time I try to use it. It's hardly reliable.

I don't mind internet streams in the regular season, but for the playoffs I'd like something better.

Every boring ass NBA playoff game gets televised.

I think that is what sucks about VS, I was pissed that Directv dropped them, then happy when they brought them back and realized they blow. I think the center ice pkg should go until the Finals or at least blows ass VS could have an alternate VS channel like most sports channels now.

Same crap here in Montana. April 16th game I had BH-Preds on Vs, home+away+home HD on center ice. Nothing anywhere for Wings feed. Had to wait until Hawks ended for Vs to switch! Funny thing I went to start my neighbors direct tv dvr ( Hawks fan from Chi. ) and guess what? There's the FSD feed! If Vs has the exclusive why can we both pay for center ice and he gets games I can't? Watching Vs exclusive during the regular season is fine because they're not pre-empting other games as you just go to CI. The commercials last summer and fall all tout "every game through the SECOND Round of the playoffs". I'ved had CI since 2000 and up to last year got what I paid for. Bresnan customer-no-service had no clue or explanation of course. Going to one of the dishes next year may be a crap shoot as well after last years Vs fiasco. Wonder how much Vs donated to Buttmans legal defense fund for this bulls***?