• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BiscuitBoss

Crosby the greatest?

Rate this topic

Guest mjtm77

I'll take a unbelievable two way center, proven winner and ability to make a clutch play(Crosby) over a crying, one dimensional, and bad penalty taking Euro(Ovechkin) anyday.

Crosby cup, gold metal . Ovi two first round losses, second round loss.

I'll take a unbelievable two way center, proven winner and ability to make a clutch play(Crosby) over a crying, one dimensional, and bad penalty taking Euro(Ovechkin) anyday.

His two-way talent is marginally better than Ovechkin at best. Being average defensively doesn't make you a two-way centre.

Clutch? Give me a break. 3pts in 7 FINALS games in 09. 3pts in 6 FINALS games in 08. 6pts in 13 Finals games? Wow-- that's clutch. :rolleyes:

He had 1pt in 4 Canadian elimination games this year. Yeah, he had the game winning goal. So did McCarty. One good play doesn't change the fact that he wasn't there in the first three elimination games. He failed to do his job 75% of the time. Iginla was superior.

Of course you know all this. You just get off on trolling these boards.

Crosby cup, gold metal . Ovi two first round losses, second round loss.

Check out how many points Crosby scored in the Olympics. :rolleyes:

Malkin carried the Pens to the Cup. Ovi hasn't gotten one but he's not even 25.

Who's won more personal trophies?

Did you know hockey is a team sport? :rolleyes: Aaron Ward must be better than Drew Doughty because he has 3 cup rings and Doughty has none. Right?

Crosby had more goals then Ovechkin.

Crosby > Ovechkin. You can't argue facts Drake.

Not to mention Ovechkin uses steroids and cocaine and is going to the KHL soon after he realizes he has to be tough to succeed in the NHL playoffs.

Crosby scored the most important and clutch goal in hockey history, Ovechkin almost ends careers on cheap shot checking from behind penalties.

Like I said, it's no contest for me personally, but it's just my opinion not like anyone can prove anything they are both great players that play two completely different style games.

Most important and clutch goal in hockey history? WTF?

By what measure are you using to define it as that? The fact that Crosby scored it?

Considering he is the most talented player ever, yes.

And he scored it on the best goalie to ever play in the Olympics.

He single handedly carried Canada on his back and won a gold medal.

He single handedly carried Canada on his back

No he didn't. Quit fooling yourself. He was invisible for the whole tournament save that one goal. If not for the rest of his teammates, he wouldn't have been in a position to score that goal. So quit acting like he was Bobby ******* Orr out there, because your insane bias-cum-crush on the guy is clouding your judgment.

And please don't tell me I'm bitter because the US lost, I wasn't rooting for them. I wanted Sweden to win the gold and when they were eliminated, I didn't care about the tournament after that.

No he didn't. Quit fooling yourself. He was invisible for the whole tournament save that one goal. If not for the rest of his teammates, he wouldn't have been in a position to score that goal. So quit acting like he was Bobby ******* Orr out there, because your insane bias-cum-crush on the guy is clouding your judgment.

And please don't tell me I'm bitter because the US lost, I wasn't rooting for them. I wanted Sweden to win the gold and when they were eliminated, I didn't care about the tournament after that.

Okay, I'm clearly being sarcastic when I say he "carried" them.

But how is being tied for fourth in the entire tournament in points and tied for second the tournament in goals "invisible"?

Crosby had more goals then Ovechkin.

Crosby > Ovechkin. You can't argue facts Drake.

Not to mention Ovechkin uses steroids and cocaine and is going to the KHL soon after he realizes he has to be tough to succeed in the NHL playoffs.

Crosby scored the most important and clutch goal in hockey history, Ovechkin almost ends careers on cheap shot checking from behind penalties.

Like I said, it's no contest for me personally, but it's just my opinion not like anyone can prove anything they are both great players that play two completely different style games.

Ovechkin had more assists than Crosby. Ovechkin is a better playmaker.

Ovechkin had a better +/- than Crosby (TRIPLE THE NUMBER). Ovechkin is a better defensive player.

Ovechkin gets more than 200 hits a year. Crosby is softer than a roll of toilet paper. Ovechkin is a better hockey player.

Ovechkin had 3 better seasons than Crosby. Crosby had (at MOST) 2 superior seasons. 3 - 2 = 1 Thus Ovechkin is a better player.

Ovechkin has 2 MVP trophies. Crosby has 1. 2 - 1 = 1 Ovechkin is better.

Ovechkin has 1 Calder trophy. Crosby has 0. 2 - 0 = 2 Ovechkin is better.

Ovechkin had a better goal per game average this season. He played 10 fewer games and scored only one less goal. Thus Ovechkin is a superior goal scorer.

Using your logic it's even easier to prove Ovechkin is superior. Thanks :thumbup:

Either you struggle with basic math or you're a troll.

Okay, I'm clearly being sarcastic when I say he "carried" them.

But how is being tied for fourth in the entire tournament in points and tied for second the tournament in goals "invisible"?

So one goal and zero assists in all four elimination games isn't invisible?

By your logic Semin was clutch in the playoffs this year. He may have had 1 point in the elimination round of the NHL season (playoffs) but hey-- he had 41 goals when you count the regular season. Thus he's a clutch playoff scorer in your eyes.

The amount of vitriol on these boards towards Crosby is staggering. I know it's popular to hate the star players on other teams in sports but I'm not sure I've ever seen this kind of bashing in any league. You'd think that Sidney Crosby personally ran over the dog of everyone on these forums, then threw his car in reverse and wheeled over the dog again honking his horn and laughing obnoxiously, barreled through their window and stole their Most Prized Possession before speeding away! I don't get this kind of hate.

Is he over-marketed? Yes. But anybody who denies that he's a very gifted hockey player is willfully ignorant. And with the NHL desperate to grow their sport, they decided their best bet was on the back of an exciting young player: Sidney Crosby. Get over it.

The amount of vitriol on these boards towards Crosby is staggering. I know it's popular to hate the star players on other teams in sports but I'm not sure I've ever seen this kind of bashing in any league. You'd think that Sidney Crosby personally ran over the dog of everyone on these forums, then threw his car in reverse and wheeled over the dog again honking his horn and laughing obnoxiously, barreled through their window and stole their Most Prized Possession before speeding away! I don't get this kind of hate.

Is he over-marketed? Yes. But anybody who denies that he's a very gifted hockey player is willfully ignorant. And with the NHL desperate to grow their sport, they decided their best bet was on the back of an exciting young player: Sidney Crosby. Get over it.

Nobody denies that he is good and yeah he ran over my dog, Spud. LGW hates Crosby. Get over it.

Guest mjtm77

Ovechkin had more assists than Crosby. Ovechkin is a better playmaker.

Ovechkin had a better +/- than Crosby (TRIPLE THE NUMBER). Ovechkin is a better defensive player.

Ovechkin gets more than 200 hits a year. Crosby is softer than a roll of toilet paper. Ovechkin is a better hockey player.

Ovechkin had 3 better seasons than Crosby. Crosby had (at MOST) 2 superior seasons. 3 - 2 = 1 Thus Ovechkin is a better player.

Ovechkin has 2 MVP trophies. Crosby has 1. 2 - 1 = 1 Ovechkin is better.

Ovechkin has 1 Calder trophy. Crosby has 0. 2 - 0 = 2 Ovechkin is better.

Ovechkin had a better goal per game average this season. He played 10 fewer games and scored only one less goal. Thus Ovechkin is a superior goal scorer.

Using your logic it's even easier to prove Ovechkin is superior. Thanks :thumbup:

Either you struggle with basic math or you're a troll.

Ovi had more assists because he played on a team that was way more offensive. Ovi gets assists by shooting the puck at the net crosby makes smart and good passes

Ovi has the better plus minus agian because of how offensive there team is he has showin nothing defensively he is not even on the pk

Hits do not make you a better hockey player but yes Ovi does hit more

Agian ovi this year had such an offensive team he is going to get more points If you want lets look at playoffs crosby beat ovi in three years in row

Ovi has one more mvp big deal crosby has one more cup one more gold metal crosby has been to the cup finals ovi has not

Ovi got the calder but now crosby is a better player crosby learned discipline ovi has not plus Ovi only had 4 more points Caps were also a better team that year

Agian ovi has a better team he is a good goal scorer but he cant seem to do it when it matters he relies on people to get him the puck crosby can do it himself.

Using my logic Crosby is better he has more heart wants to win more then anyone and can seem to win in the playoffs when it matters most.

Sure you can Hate me But

He is a good player. He get's goals.

But when NBC and the NHL. Talks about him Day and night. Has to go. Yes he is a suck and Yes he is still a kid that can't live away from home. If he was a player like Dats or Hank. That has to work for their money. Then Maybe one day I might like the guy.

If arguing Crosby isn't better than Ovechkin means I'm denying his talent then apparently I must think the entire NHL is talentless. :lol:

Ovi had more assists because he played on a team that was way more offensive. Ovi gets assists by shooting the puck at the net crosby makes smart and good passes

Ovi has the better plus minus agian because of how offensive there team is he has showin nothing defensively he is not even on the pk

Hits do not make you a better hockey player but yes Ovi does hit more

Agian ovi this year had such an offensive team he is going to get more points If you want lets look at playoffs crosby beat ovi in three years in row

Ovi has one more mvp big deal crosby has one more cup one more gold metal crosby has been to the cup finals ovi has not

Ovi got the calder but now crosby is a better player crosby learned discipline ovi has not plus Ovi only had 4 more points Caps were also a better team that year

Agian ovi has a better team he is a good goal scorer but he cant seem to do it when it matters he relies on people to get him the puck crosby can do it himself.

Using my logic Crosby is better he has more heart wants to win more then anyone and can seem to win in the playoffs when it matters most.

Crosby's won half of the Cup Finals he's participated in. Ovechkin's won 100% of the Cup Finals he's participated in.

This thread was clearly started by a troll. And yet people are once again seriously arguing it. And nobody can even come up with a new argument.

Give it a rest. A thread on Osgood or enforcers would have better content than this.

Who here has denied he's talented? I haven't. I've said countless times before that I think he's a phenomenally talented player. I just can't stand his personality, his attitude, the fact that announcers will find every pissant way possible to bring him up even if the Pens aren't playing and the way the league shoves him down peoples' throats all the time.

His talent is completely and totally not the reason I hate his guts.

Who here has denied he's talented? I haven't. I've said countless times before that I think he's a phenomenally talented player. I just can't stand his personality, his attitude, the fact that announcers will find every pissant way possible to bring him up even if the Pens aren't playing and the way the league shoves him down peoples' throats all the time.

This. A thousand times this.

This. A thousand times this.

:lol: I just noticed that that was my 6,666th post. That's sad and cool at the same time (mostly sad).

Guest mjtm77

His talent is completely and totally not the reason I hate his guts.

You did say Ovi has more talent. He does not

Just because I think Ovechkin has more talent doesn't mean I think Crosby has no talent. It's not an all or nothing situation, you know. I think Pavs is slightly better than Hank, but that doesn't mean I think Hank is a pile of crap.

Edited by Electrophile

We all need to stop, especially you. There are no amount of stats, videos, or measures of heart that are going to change anyone's mind. Please, end this.

To the best of your capacity to answer this quesiton, what is your impression of how Canada as a country feels about him?

If I had to describe Canada's feelings about Crosby it'd be broken into three periods:

(Time)----Canada's Attitude Towards Crosby

(1988 until 2010 Olympics)---- "Why does Carman underrate Crosby so much?"

(2010 Olympics until just before OT Gold Medal goal)---- "Thanks for showing up Casper <_< "

(OT Gold Medal Goal until now)---- "I wish Crosby was here to turn my boring water into whine :( "