Crosby the greatest?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 BiscuitBoss

BiscuitBoss

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

I am sick of being force-fed this Crosby is King crap. The annointing started before the guy even laced up for his first NHL game. For instance, anyone with eyes can see that Ovechkin is clearly a better player.. I can think of many others I would rather have that are better skaters, defensive players, more grit, etc. It seems to me that this myopic Crosby fervor stems from the need for Canadians to cling to hockey as the one thing they are better than others at, and being the hockey kingdom they need a hockey king. This inferiority complex stems from the fact that they were too afraid to join us in the revolutionary war, and has continued since(notice thier money still has the queen of england on it). I call em like I see em, if crosby was the best I'd say so.

#2 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

This is the first I've heard someone complaining about Crosby being over-hyped. This discussion should be fresh and enlightening.

#3 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

This is the first I've heard someone complaining about Crosby being over-hyped. This discussion should be fresh and enlightening.

x1000
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#4 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

I don't know why, but I just laughed so hard I nearly fell off the chair. :lol: :lol: :lol:

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#5 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

No matter who the "best player in the world" is, somebody somewhere will have a problem with it. You'll have to deal with it, sorry.
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#6 Cheveldae32

Cheveldae32

OFD

• Gold Booster
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

Delete This Thread.

#7 redshadow

redshadow

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image

#8 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

Nope pretty sure Crosby is the best player currently in the game. This is fact I'm an expert. Also there isn't enough coverage on him, the NHL is really missing the boat if they don't promote Crosby more...

#9 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

Who?

#10 maltbymaniac

maltbymaniac

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

i wish the wings could sign crosby :thumbup:

sig by saran,Thanks

#11 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

Wow. Just wow.

The OP is throwing out a flame like no other I've seen here. The whole "I'm sick of Crosby" has been done...and done...and done some more. What I give him credit for, is the part about Canada and it's inferiority complex, the revolutionary war, and for good measure...our money. I am Canadian and I don't like Crosby, we are the king of hockey, I was not around during the revolutionary war (and I'm pretty sure things are were a little different, politically speaking, back then), and I don't give a rat's ass that the Queen of England is on the money. Should we put Crosby on our money?

Useless thread, although I did add to it, and I did so very reluctantly. Delete it.
Uhh...you might want to duck!

#12 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

I am sick of being force-fed this Crosby is King crap. The annointing started before the guy even laced up for his first NHL game. For instance, anyone with eyes can see that Ovechkin is clearly a better player.. I can think of many others I would rather have that are better skaters, defensive players, more grit, etc. It seems to me that this myopic Crosby fervor stems from the need for Canadians to cling to hockey as the one thing they are better than others at, and being the hockey kingdom they need a hockey king. This inferiority complex stems from the fact that they were too afraid to join us in the revolutionary war, and has continued since(notice thier money still has the queen of england on it). I call em like I see em, if crosby was the best I'd say so.

You could ask Bettman,but I'm sure even he's had better.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#13 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

I wish Crosby delivered my mail

#14 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

I wish Crosby delivered my mail

Me too. My neighbor has a German Shepherd who hates mailmen.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#15 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

e-mail the NHL about it!

Also, this has nothing to do with Canada. The NHL head offices are in New York.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#16 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:30 PM

Haha I would rather have a guy that is good enough to be arguably be the best right now then be an American. Still bitter about us winning that gold on your land then on ours oh and burning down the white house?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#17 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

The search feature is a hell of a drug.

#18 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

Haha I would rather have a guy that is good enough to be arguably be the best right now then be an American. Still bitter about us winning that gold on your land then on ours oh and burning down the white house?

The Canadians burnt down the White House?

#19 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Crosby is better end thread. Come back to this board when you know hockey.
Posted Image

#20 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

The Canadians burnt down the White House?

Nah it was the British fighting for the Canadians.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons