• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BiscuitBoss

Crosby the greatest?

Rate this topic

I should probably point out that my post wasn't in response to anybody specifically here, and it wasn't even directed to any particular comment on these boards. It was commentary on the whole Crosby issue on the LGW boards over time. Picking between Ovechkin and Crosby isn't irrational or ridiculous at all. Both are tremendous talents who present different styles to how the game of hockey can be played, and one may be preferable over the other. What's ridiculous is the fans who mutilate his name (seriously, does anybody still think it's clever to call him Cindy Crysbaby?), say that he's overrated and would never want him on their team, or when it devolves to even more base bashing.

I agree that he's overexposed. I don't blame the NHL for this though since they're trying to grow the sport and pull in new fans, and Sidney Crosby is a talented and young hockey player that can sell the brand. When he came into the league, he mouthed off, he complained, he... well, he acted like an 18 year old. This bothered a lot of people. I don't personally think those early labels still stick but so many people still cling to that stigma purely for the purpose of hatred--and that's fine, if that's how fans want to spend their time. But when it comes to real hockey discussion, it helps if everyone takes off their Fan Goggles and takes an objective look at things. But... I guess it would really put a dent in the appeal of being a fan if you had to be reasonable all the time. :P

I think the NHL is making a mistake by over-hyping Crosby. Promotion is one thing but people tire of the same thing constantly in their face.

I mean, if he had Datsyuk's skill level that would be different....

So one goal and zero assists in all four elimination games isn't invisible?

By your logic Semin was clutch in the playoffs this year. He may have had 1 point in the elimination round of the NHL season (playoffs) but hey-- he had 41 goals when you count the regular season. Thus he's a clutch playoff scorer in your eyes.

That's a reach. Comparing a short tournament with the caliber of players in the Olympics to the regular season is a fair comparison to you?

Crosby has 79 points in 57 career playoff games yet you try to compare him to Alexander god damn Semin.

This is exactly what I mean about the irrational Crosby hate.

Don't like him because he actually cares about winning and losing? Cool, I'm not going to say you have to love the kid and start cheering for him. But to try and compare him to Alex Semin and say he's invisible in playoffs? Not cool and yes I'm going to defend him because it's ridiculous.

Edited by Carman

Ok, apparently my sarcasm goes unnoticed.

Do you really think I believe Crosby is the greatest player ever, and that goal was the best goal in history :lol:

Look I guess my sense of humor just doesn't translate well onto this board as it does other boards. I just didn't think anyone would actually take anything in this thread literally, especially when I used adjectives like "best ever", and "most clutch goal in history of hockey".

Edited by Carman

Ok, apparently my sarcasm goes unnoticed.

Do you really think I believe Crosby is the greatest player ever, and that goal was the best goal in history :lol:

Look I guess my sense of humor just doesn't translate well onto this board as it does other boards. I just didn't think anyone would actually take anything in this thread literally, especially when I used adjectives like "best ever", and "most clutch goal in history of hockey".

I think most of us know that your extreme praise for Crosby is an act meant to bait others into arguments.

Although I think none of us would be particularly suprised if you actually thought Crosby is the greatest player in NHL history.