Why is Howard still in the net?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#1 Wing_Nut

Wing_Nut

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

After seeing last nights game, I cant believe Bab's would continue to play this rookie. Howard has cost us every game of this series so far. We would have been out the first round against the Coyotes if it wasn't for the offense keeping it out of our zone. Don't bench Howard GET RID OF HIM! He plays way too aggressively, pay attention to how far out of the net he plays, if he wants to go get a hot dog so bad - I say let him. He gives all the opportunity in the world for the rebound shot. We are really missing out not playing OZ. He has brought us to the cup in the past, he is proven and capable of stopping shots - So, I guess that's why he's not being played, right?

#2 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

Joined today and has one post. Troll?

#3 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

Good grief.

How many threads about the goaltender situation do we need?

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#4 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

He has brought us to the cup in the past, he is proven and capable of stopping shots - So, I guess that's why he's not being played, right?

My guess is he's not being played because Howard's better. However, maybe you are correct and you are a better judge of talent than Babcock. :rolleyes:
Hasek is becoming iconic in my mind

#5 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#6 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:48 PM

Because Holland didn't do a trade for Price at the deadline, hopefully he covers up that error by trading for him this summer :thumbup:

Edited by mindfly, 05 May 2010 - 03:49 PM.

#8 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

I think Howard is going to be a good NHL goalie, and i think by pulling him and putting in Ozzy would kill Howards confidence or whats left of it. So thats why i think they are leaving Howard in, seems crazy but i do think getting pulled and having Ozzy come in after all the confidence Hoawrd built by having a great reg season would just kill it all.

#9 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

You cant win every series, it's a group effort and we have lacked skill in all departments

O.o

#10 Wing_Nut

Wing_Nut

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

My guess is he's not being played because Howard's better. However, maybe you are correct and you are a better judge of talent than Babcock. :rolleyes:

Howard better? really? Hmm, I think maybe your new the Wings or have short term memory loss. I love this team, its huge loss for every Red Wing fan to have watch one person end our season. Also thanks, at least you can see I'm a better judge of talent, ha ha

#11 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

Every goalie has bad playoff years - Luongo, Brodeur, Nabokov, Hasek.

Howard is a rookie but has shown flashes of being a great goalie. Patience
Do or do not. There is no try

#12 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

You cant win every series, it's a group effort and we have lacked skill in all departments

Posted Image

#13 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:06 PM

YEAH DUDE, OSGOOD ON THREE MONTHS OF NOT PLAYING IS GONNA BE AWESOME.

Oh, wait.

#14 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

Howard better? really? Hmm, I think maybe your new the Wings or have short term memory loss. I love this team, its huge loss for every Red Wing fan to have watch one person end our season. Also thanks, at least you can see I'm a better judge of talent, ha ha

All I can say is

HAHAHA.

You're a joke, if you could see talent, you'd see Franzen, Kronwall, Bert, Homer, Draper, Williams, Ericsson, Rafi, all playing without their potential talent this post season. Are you blind or are you jealous of Howard?

O.o

#15 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

How many more goalie threads are going to pop up?
The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#16 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

Not gonna lie Wing_nut but your so off base its hard to read your post. If you honestly think that he cost us every single game solely your delusional. He has given up a soft goal in every game yes, but if you've watched the games he's stopped some ridiculous chances. Chances that the Sharks came by because of poor team defense. I don't care what goalie you are at that high of a level of play if the team in front of you doesn't play very good team defense you will not succeed. Go Troll somewhere else, its just annoying seeing people like you come and bash Howard or any other player for that matter (besides williams lol)

#17 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

This is not all Howards fault our offense is dead, Z and D cant get going at the same time Mule is nowhere to be found, our D is getting pushed around and Howard isnt playing good either this team all around is playing like s***

#18 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

Stupid Howard, not stopping odd man rushes that our d-men play horribye. Blast him all to hell!!! *rabble rabble rabble*
*this space for rent*

#19 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

put in larsson is the obvious answer
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#20 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

******... The Osgood thing was dead a while ago. Give it up. The fact we continually take the foot off the gas every single 3rd period boggles the mind. The players in front of Howard haven't clicked for 3 periods other than game 4 and game 7 against Phoenix. I would like to say this should be the last time we ever talk about this, but because we are losing games we should be winning and he can't cover the whole net they will continue.

Carey Price..... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image hilarious
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.