• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 4 GDT: Sharks 1 at Red Wings 7

Rate this topic

I think it's funny -- we lose a game in OT, there's 66 pages. We win a game 7-1 to stave off the sweep.....30 pages.

:blink:

partly due to the trolls coming in to post. those get a few pages in response for each post lol

i have to say, i lost almost all respect for Joe Thornton. Everyone says what a nice guy he is, but he has been delivering cheap shot after cheap shot away from the play the entire series, and when challenged to fight hides like a wuss.

Thornton is my least favorite player in the league.

I was just arguing with my sister about that. She saw the dive, didn't see the elbow. She said, "I think he did something with his hand". I said, "What kind of a homer fan are you? It was an elbow, then a dive, both clear as day. Why do you think Thornton took a pissed off swipe at him on the way to the box?"

It's funny what fans often, and honestly, think they see (and don't see).

We humans are a scary lot.

Naw, I think Zetts dove too.

I usually try not to get too high or too low after games. I'll admit after falling down 3-0, I thought we'd likely take game 4, and then they would take game 5 at home, just because I didnt think theyd win two at the Joe.

That being said, Game 5 is probably the biggest game of the series for us. We win that, we come back home for a game I think we probably win. And then theres game 7 where anything can happen.

Wooooooooooooo! Great win. One game at a time. Although it would've been nice to save some of those goals for game 5 :P Let's hope this continues and the Mule keeps being the beast that he is.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Ritola looked impressive!

Yep. He did everything Babcock would've wanted from him. He hit, skated hard, fought for pucks in the corners and didn't make dumb mistakes out there. That's about all you can ask from a kid in their first NHL playoff game.

Did anyone on the Wings not play well tonight? Fantastic game all around.

Ericsson started out rough but bounced back very well. He lead the team in mins (27+ mins) and ate up some mileage on Lids' legs. It was nice to see how well he played in the 3rd. He was throwing his body around and riding forwards into the boards. After the first ten mins of the game E looked like the kid we saw last playoffs.

Holy s*** Bertuzzi was great. He hit, took shots, made great passes and really used his size/weight well. The best part was seeing him skate his bag off to make a defensive play in a 6-1 game. Please keep playing like this Bert!

Franzen... s*** man. Offensively that's the single most impressive playoff game I've ever seen. The best part is we know how Mule works-- once he's on fire it's nearly impossible to put him out.

Howie bounced back well. Even though he had an easy time of it we can't complain about 1 goal against on 29 shots.

Whatever happens this series Wings fans can't knock how the boys have played in elimination games (here's hoping we'll watch them win 3 more consecutive elimination games ;) ).

I'm not going to get my hopes up but at least the Wings can say they didn't go out like suckers.

Aren't they just today's Ducks?

Gawd, I wouldn't wish that on any team. But in the last half of the third they pretty much gooned it up. We can hope the implosion continues, but it probably won't.

partly due to the trolls coming in to post. those get a few pages in response for each post lol

Are you referring to me?! I didn't see any other Shark fan posts, maybe I missed those.

Every one of my posts was intended as fun, good natured game banter, the kind of stuff we'd exchange if we were watching the game together at a bar. Whether you notice or not, when things are going terrible for the Wings, I AVOID the game day thread altogether, and even that's out of respect.

Trolls indeed.

EDIT: s***. Just realized what you were saying. Last game. Sorry, my misread.

Edited by Grypho

That being said, Game 5 is probably the biggest game of the series for us. We win that, we come back home for a game I think we probably win. And then theres game 7 where anything can happen.

That's exactly how I feel. I NEVER thought that the Penguins were going to beat us in the SCF last year after we went up 2-0. We let them back into the series, and once we hit game 7, it was by definition anyone's series. Game 5 is going to be epic. Obviously, if we lose then it's over, but if we win then I REALLY think that all the pressure is on the Sharks. There really isn't much pressure on the Wings. After going as deep as we have into the playoffs in the past three, and now 4, seasons, we don't really have anything to prove. The Sharks have a league-wide reputation as a horrible playoff team, and a game like tonight's is going to really f*** with their heads. They may have a bounceback game on Saturday due to tonight's thorough beating, but if they don't then they are going to be in real trouble. You can't tell me that deep down inside most of the players on the Sharks don't have a little bit of a confidence problem as far as the playoffs are concerned, and when a game like this happens it has to really push the s*** out of that button.

Or maybe they win on Saturday and tonight was just a fluke.

Chris

I think it's funny -- we lose a game in OT, there's 66 pages. We win a game 7-1 to stave off the sweep.....30 pages. :blink:

People like to vent more than they like to talk about how happy they are.

Just how it goes.

Are you referring to me?! I didn't see any other Shark fan posts, maybe I missed those.

Every one of my posts was intended as fun, good natured game banter, the kind of stuff we'd exchange if we were watching the game together at a bar. Whether you notice or not, when things are going terrible for the Wings, I AVOID the game day thread altogether, and even that's out of respect.

Trolls indeed.

EDIT: s***. Just realized what you were saying. Last game. Sorry, my misread.

Yeah dude, you're cool so don't even worry about it.

Chris

Hell. Friggin. Yes.

Nice to see Franzen awaken. Ritola looked good. E had a good game. I still wish Jimmy had stopped the Heatley shot that he clearly saw, and there were still too many odd man rushes against. Tighten up the D even more and win the next one in SJ and we have a new ball game, folks. Let's see what happens.

LETS GO WINGS!

I usually try not to get too high or too low after games. I'll admit after falling down 3-0, I thought we'd likely take game 4, and then they would take game 5 at home, just because I didnt think theyd win two at the Joe.

What a game.A great effort all across the board.Franzen and Bertuzzi really clicked.Ritola,Abelkader,and Miller took advantage of the ice time they got,although not much.Ericsson and Lilja played well.Just an overall team effort.

Fantastic game by the wings. Where has this been though? Why does the team need their backs against the wall before busting out the big guns? Very reminiscent of the game 7 from the first round. I now have plans Saturday night. Anything is possible from 3-1.