• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Drake_Marcus

Red Wings Sign Doug Janik to 2 year deal

Rate this topic

Lilja can go somewhere else with his head, he won't engage in the same way or fight after the weber-fight.. so he's useless, i thought he weren't as effective on the pk after his comeback either

Minus for you for living in scouser land

Seriously?! Our PK came back to life when he returned.

Guest mindfly

Seriously?! Our PK came back to life when he returned.

No the PK became good when they had all the injuries and their D&PK had to play good in order to win games and of course miller, eaves, helm did it all on the PK

rolleyes.gif This is not really noteworthy but hey just something for more fans to ***** about. To be honest, things will happen soon enough. We have some room, there will be a player thrown into the lineup. Trust.

It's the offseason man. Any official Red Wings news is noteworthy.

Lilja can go somewhere else with his head, he won't engage in the same way or fight after the weber-fight

I agree on last year, but I'd give him another one before writing him off. He was playing well before it happened and at first he's head shy, but second year back he could go back to playing well. I'm not arguing for or against us signing him, Holland should look at the options and he's obviously good at doing that. I'm just not ready to write off Lilja yet.

Wings' depth chart on D now:

Lidstrom

Kronwall

Rafalski

Stuart

Ericsson

Kindl

Meech

Janik

That's how it will likely go. The 5th-7th have the potential to rearrange by the end of camp, mostly based on where Kindl lands in the top seven.

Guest mindfly

Lidstrom

Kronwall

Rafalski

Stuart

Ericsson

Kindl

Meech

Janik

That's how it will likely go. The 5th-7th have the potential to rearrange by the end of camp, mostly based on where Kindl lands in the top seven.

Why meech? :/

Sign a big physical dman instead, tired of this crap.

Lidstrom

Kronwall

Rafalski

Stuart

Ericsson

Kindl

Meech

Janik

I dunno about this. Janik has a 1 way deal the second year of his contract so he may figure into the wings plans more then you think. Meech has been said to be on the trading block and stuff. I'm thinking Janik will be our 7th defenseman by years end and will be our full time # 7 next year. He'll get inserted when we play teams like anaheim or calgary since he is pretty tough.

I think Janik is a perfect 7th d-man- he is a physical, stay at home defenseman. Does everyone here think Meech>Janik? Personally, I prefer the way Janik plays, but (due to the lack of Janik playing in NHL and their different styles) I'm not sure which is the better overall player.

I think Janik is a perfect 7th d-man- he is a physical, stay at home defenseman. Does everyone here think Meech>Janik? Personally, I prefer the way Janik plays, but (due to the lack of Janik playing in NHL and their different styles) I'm not sure which is the better overall player.

By the look of when Janik was up this year I would say Janik provides more to this team especially because of our lack of what he provides. He had a better defensive game then Meech I thought and the physicality and fighting ability really makes him seem more valuable.

If they're going to have players like Ericsson and Kindl on the bottom pair then it's a lot more ideal to give these two a partner who is skilled enough to help those two develop.

Grand Rapids now looks a little something like this.

Janik-Pyett

Smith-Lashoff

Kolosov-Ehrhardt/Piche/Another UFA

How exciting does that Smtih-Lashoff pairing appear to Wings fans who follow prospects? I am overhyping that pair so badly in my mind and they probably won't be partners next year. I'm kind of wary of the fact that Smith and Lashoff may simply have a flat year but I can't help the excitement. :P

If they're going to have players like Ericsson and Kindl on the bottom pair then it's a lot more ideal to give these two a partner who is skilled enough to help those two develop.

Grand Rapids now looks a little something like this.

Janik-Pyett

Smith-Lashoff

Kolosov-Ehrhardt/Piche/Another UFA

How exciting does that Smtih-Lashoff pairing appear to Wings fans who follow prospects? I am overhyping that pair so badly in my mind and they probably won't be partners next year. I'm kind of wary of the fact that Smith and Lashoff may simply have a flat year but I can't help the excitement. :P

Thats assuming Janik is in GR.

And yeah I follow the prospects really close and I don't know if there are 2 guys I'm more excited about. Tatar is probably the only one and the of course Callahan is close but I wanna see what Smith can do next year.

He has all the ffensive upside to be another Rafalski type but from what I've read he can be kind of mean and perhaps once hes in the AHL full time instead of college that meanness will come out. Lashoff has Brad Stuart(style anyways) written all over him which is pretty sweet. Both the guys are kind of mean but can play too.

He has all the ffensive upside to be another Rafalski type but from what I've read he can be kind of mean and perhaps once hes in the AHL full time instead of college that meanness will come out. Lashoff has Brad Stuart(style anyways) written all over him which is pretty sweet. Both the guys are kind of mean but can play too.

A Stuart comparison is what we hope for in regards to Lashoff but a more valid comparison right now is Kyle Quincey. Lashoff is very much an all-around defenseman right now who definitely has his work cut out for him if he ever wants to play in the NHL.

A Stuart comparison is what we hope for in regards to Lashoff but a more valid comparison right now is Kyle Quincey. Lashoff is very much an all-around defenseman right now who definitely has his work cut out for him if he ever wants to play in the NHL.

Lashoff is more physical than Quincey so a pre-Wings Stuart (the one who layed out a heavy hit every few games and a couple of fights a year) may be a decent target for him.

Lashoff is more physical than Quincey so a pre-Wings Stuart (the one who layed out a heavy hit every few games and a couple of fights a year) may be a decent target for him.

Yeah Lashoff actually can fight eh. Its just he doesn't much. He mght develop that little niche to his game trying to make the show, kinda like Quincy did that one year. Lashoff will definitely be a pretty big hitter in the league if he makes it and hopefully he can stand up for his team as well.

And yeah what is Stuarts deal? 5 fights a year before he came here and now nothing :angry:

And yeah what is Stuarts deal? 5 fights a year before he came here and now nothing :angry:

And whats with Bertuzzi? Averaged 3/4 fights a year comes to Detroit and nada. Abdelkader is a nasty piece of work in the AHL, comes up the NHL and goes quiet (although he was better in the playoffs). Ericsson again was very quiet in that department this year after I was expecting alot more from him.

At least Eaves reversed the trend.

I am hoping Meech gets traded as that is being speculated. Kindl should start the season as out #6 guy. If he falters after a good chunk of games insert Janik in to the lineup. Heck, we can have a friendly competition between Janik, Kindl, and Ericsson for the bottom 2 spots. Just some wishful thinking, but our defense is set for next year.

And whats with Bertuzzi? Averaged 3/4 fights a year comes to Detroit and nada. Abdelkader is a nasty piece of work in the AHL, comes up the NHL and goes quiet (although he was better in the playoffs). Ericsson again was very quiet in that department this year after I was expecting alot more from him.

At least Eaves reversed the trend.

Yeah the wings seem softer then they actually are especially because even the guys they do have who have shown they can fight, for some reason don't. I expect big things from Abdelkader next year like 8 fights at least the way the playoffs looked and his second half with the griffins. With a spark plug in the line up like Ab then another tough 4th liner hopefully and guys will fight more because there is players to back them up. Ericcson will probably have a bounce back year and trying to earn a spot against Janik and Kindl assert himself physically more, then we might even add another 6th dman who can go. Then we might have Janik who can fight pretty good in the lineup as well.

This team will be tougher this upcoming season then the one past and I'm excited to see how the bottom 6 looks with Abdelkader and another tough player(hopefully)

I dunno about this. Janik has a 1 way deal the second year of his contract so he may figure into the wings plans more then you think. Meech has been said to be on the trading block and stuff. I'm thinking Janik will be our 7th defenseman by years end and will be our full time # 7 next year. He'll get inserted when we play teams like anaheim or calgary since he is pretty tough.

Meech was a full-time Red Wing this season and played 49 games, often seeing time even when the team was completely healthy or almost completely healthy. Janik spent most of the season and played 13 games as a call up during a period the Wings had three or four defensemen injured.

Janik might secure himself a spot on the full-time roster, but he is signed to be a depth player who can be called up from Grand Rapids. Meech, assuming he accepts his qualifying offer or signs for another amount, will be on the Wings' full-time roster unless he is traded. So Janik has a one-way dal in his second year. Meech will have a one-way deal for ALL years. So if you are using that to determine who is on the roster, there you go.