• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Bufyglien traded to Thrashers

Rate this topic

They won't contact the players until the trade call goes through.

Ah, that makes sense. I wonder what McKenzie meant by "weird vibes." He said "can't explain now," so hopefully he'll tell us what he meant later.

Edited by SeeinRed

So, here's how their situation actually looks like now:

$7,135,330 - $4,000,000 (bonuses) - $1,150,000 (Reasoner)

= $1,985,330 in cap space

Roster size: 14

Remaining cap space per player needed: $283,618.57

Thus, Chicago is only half way to freeing enough cap space up to add exactly 7 minimum contract scrubs to their rosters just to have the minimum number of players needed to play.

Here's what they look like right now (minimum salary scrubs are in bold):

Kane-Toews-Bolland

Hossa-Sharp-Versteeg

Kopecky-Brouwer-Reasoner

Scrub-Scrub-Scrub

Scrub

Keith-Seabrook

Campbell-Scrub

Scrub-Scrub

Huet

Scrub

Roster: 21

Cap Room: -$1,514,670

Gross mismanagement continues to cripple them even after they traded away their best net-front player.

Edit: forgot to add Reasoner in the roster list.

Ah, that makes sense. I wonder what McKenzie meant by "weird vibes." He said "can't explain now," so hopefully he'll tell us what he meant later.

Maybe it has to do with how the players leaving for Atlanta feel about the trade.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Then his career really wil lnever be over because he is his own employer. I'm okay with that, he makes me laugh.

That's probably the only way he's still employed doing this. :lol: I wish I could be that inept and not get fired.

So, here's how their situation actually looks like now:

$7,135,330 - $4,000,000 (bonuses) - $1,150,000 (Reasoner)

= $1,985,330 in cap space

Roster size: 14

Remaining cap space per player needed: $283,618.57

Thus, Chicago is only half way to freeing enough cap space up to add exactly 7 minimum contract scrubs to their rosters just to have the minimum number of players needed to play.

Here's what they look like right now (minimum salary scrubs are in bold):

Kane-Toews-Bolland

Hossa-Sharp-Versteeg

Kopecky-Brouwer-Reasoner

Scrub-Scrub-Scrub

Scrub

Keith-Seabrook

Campbell-Scrub

Scrub-Scrub

Huet

Scrub

Roster: 21

Cap Room: -$1,514,670

Gross mismanagement continues to cripple them even after they traded away their best net-front player.

Edit: forgot to add Reasoner in the roster list.

Niemi will be back and Huet will be burried in the minors until he gets his transfer papers to play in the KHL

EDIT: Thus adding another 5.6 million, so they have about 7 million dollars for 2 goalies 4 defenseman and 4 forwards. So they an spend their 2.5 million on Niemi and have 4.5 million for 8 players...

Looks like they are trading away some other players too!!! (My guess is Versteeg)

That's probably the only way he's still employed doing this. :lol: I wish I could be that inept and not get fired.

You only have 2 options if you want that.

#1 Be Eklund (The "Anonymous Burnt out Rocker" Hockey tipster)

#2 Be a weather man

Edited by russianswede919293

Both made off like bandits in this deal. i did not expect the Hawks to get that much in return, but they did. Atlanta got a nice prospect and some very nice depth.

Atlanta has no one.. I can honestly see Byfuglien going there and doing NADA. He was surrounded with talent wherever he was put on Chicago. Good for depth but this guy was more so a good role player there. But who knows what will happen and what style that joke of an org plays.

Atlanta has no one.. I can honestly see Byfuglien going there and doing NADA. He was surrounded with talent wherever he was put on Chicago. Good for depth but this guy was more so a good role player there. But who knows what will happen and what style that joke of an org plays.

B-Fugly - Antropov - Peverly could be a really nice line...

That's what I was saying, you had said he will go there and flop...I was saying they have some players they can put him with.

Its a line but... most careers go to this joke of a team and just die or severely search for help. I can see Hossa now just looking at Buff and just giving the "well at least you are still in the league":unsure:

for those hoping that Chicago will be screwed with trades, i think they will be disappointed. all they need is 1 GM out of 29 to overvalue some of the players and offer them a good trade. if they can get a late first rounder here i wont be surprised if they can get another for Versteeg.

I think a lot of you underestimate Byfuliegn, he alone is developing into a late 1st rounder worthy pick. Both sides benefited from this trade, positive for Detroit though is some of the muscle has left Chi.

for those hoping that Chicago will be screwed with trades, i think they will be disappointed. all they need is 1 GM out of 29 to overvalue some of the players and offer them a good trade. if they can get a late first rounder here i wont be surprised if they can get another for Versteeg.

They could probably pick up a decent amount of picks for everyone

Do you think this trade made Chicago better?

They're going to have to replace a third to a quarter of the team with minimum salary scrubs.

McKenzie says that the hold up is that Atlanta would have more than 50 people under contract and needs to shed a contract to take on that many players.

EDIT: Then went on to suggest that they might just be waiting for the end of awards show.

Edited by russianswede919293