• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

Clusterchuk

Rate this topic

Perhaps I am solo on this but Kovalchuk's stalling is starting to feel like the Lebron sweepstakes (which I am SO tired of) Its like we are in a gigantic "trade traffic jam" due to Kovy's indecision. No doubt that Kovalchuk is a coveted signing but GET ON WITH IT. There are 4-5 teams that have expressed serious interest in him and, due to the domino effect, there are now 20 plus guys and probably half of the teams in NHL wondering where they are going to play or what there roster is going to look like next year.

The kind of money that Kovy is demanding seriously limits the pool to only a handful of teams, because of the cap hit. Whatever is on the table is most likely what he is going to get...

I dont often listen to Eklund, but he referred to the whole mess as a Clusterchuk...and it is.

A-frigging-MEN!!! Living in California, I happen to like the Kings (obviously not as much as the Wings, of course), and MY GOD this has been killing me. I can't tell you how excited I was when it first sounded like he was going to sign with them, but now I'm just thinking JEEEEbus, just make a decision!!! I don't care what it is!! Close your eyes and point to a contract, if that's what it takes!! DO SOMETHING, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!

Phew, just had to get that out. I think I feel better now. Still frazzled and wishing he would sign (especially with the Kings), but better.

I'm just glad crybaby hasn't done something like this, because that would really bug me or Ovie for that matter. Kovalchuk is good player but him not signing right away doesn't cause me to lose any sleep. I hope he ends up with the Islanders because I would like to see what him and Johnny T could do together.

Looking at the title I thought this was a thread suggesting that the Red Wings trade for Cal Clutterbuck.

Wouldn't that be awsome. Minny would most likely want way to much for him though. I know Kenny would never do it and it probably sounds nuts, but I would trade Hudler straight up for him any day. I just think Hudler is lazy and I don't see him ever performing like a Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

I'm just glad crybaby hasn't done something like this, because that would really bug me or Ovie for that matter. Kovalchuk is good player but him not signing right away doesn't cause me to lose any sleep. I hope he ends up with the Islanders because I would like to see what him and Johnny T could do together.

I agree...that would multiply my annoyance by 100. I actually agree with seeing what JT and Kovie could do on the Island....either way, put pen to paper and get it done.

I'll accept Kovie for the Isles. Make that New Year's game a little more exciting. Normally sheets to the wind at that game regardless but still like a gooooood olllllle hockeyyyyyy gaaaaaaaaammmmeee. Love that song.

EDIT: Kovie TO the Isles... That said I think Kovie's contract could buy the Isles too.

Edited by HankthaTank

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I was thinking the same thing, that dude can hit! Kovi sucks, he just needs to sign a deal already

How dare Kovalchuk take his time making a decision that could potentially differ in tens of millions of dollars and his next home for the foreseeable future. He should know us fans on the internet demand that he signs... inconsiderate bastard.

Seriously, for all those flaming him, and saying hes acting like a prima donna and cash hog, see it for what it is.Out of the teams that have contacted him, New Jersey and LA are the only teams that actually will make the playoffs next year, and both are going to have to pay far less then what the other non-contender teams will. There really is no ideal situation for Kovie, as I am sure he feels he is worth more than what NJ and LA have offered him, yet doesn't want to tie himself up on a poorly run franchise like the Islanders. No ideal situation, and if I was him, I would jump to SKA of the KHL for a year and make bang and try again next summer. He owes the NHL nothing.

I think Kovie is one hell of a player, but in no way is he worth 10 million a season. If he wanted 10 million a season he should have stayed in Atlanta because they were the only team that could afford that type of deal, but not anymore! I can only think of 3 other teams that could pick up a 10 million a year contract and that is Carolina, New York Islanders and Florida. Possibly Nashville, but they would never pay anyone that money! Acoording to sportscity.com Carolina has a cap hit of 46 million this upcoming year, Florida has a cap hit of 48 and NYI has a hit of 35.9, Kovie could replace Yashin. Nashville has a cap hit of 43.35, but Kovie said he wouldn't play in the west!

Since he wants 10 million, he should just sign with the KHL! We do not need guys like him in this league!

Edited by Donaldjr2448

How dare Kovalchuk take his time making a decision that could potentially differ in tens of millions of dollars and his next home for the foreseeable future. He should know us fans on the internet demand that he signs... inconsiderate bastard.

Seriously, for all those flaming him, and saying hes acting like a prima donna and cash hog, see it for what it is.Out of the teams that have contacted him, New Jersey and LA are the only teams that actually will make the playoffs next year, and both are going to have to pay far less then what the other non-contender teams will. There really is no ideal situation for Kovie, as I am sure he feels he is worth more than what NJ and LA have offered him, yet doesn't want to tie himself up on a poorly run franchise like the Islanders. No ideal situation, and if I was him, I would jump to SKA of the KHL for a year and make bang and try again next summer. He owes the NHL nothing.

I actually disagree..from what I have read, its Kovalchuk who is demanding the long term "Hossa" contract...so why not play for a 1 yr deal and then test the waters. Or, decrease the asking price and play for a playoff bound team. I am not saying he doesnt have the right to take his time and make a decision (which he HAS), but if he is stating he wants a 10 yr contract for 90 mill+, the only teams that can offer him that are teams that are in a re-building mode. He has three or four viable options...rebuilding team, take less money to play on a contending team, shorten the contract time or play in the KHL. I think if you have respect for the league- your employer, you find a fit thats "the most" suitable for you. There is aways a comprimise. I recall ppl freaking out because Lids took 10 days to decide and it felt like a lifetime on the boards and the speculation was endless. I think people feel that way about Modano...It must be hard on the teams (Like LA and NY) who cant move on to there next season plan. Kovalchuk has been offered something from (rumoured) up to 8 teams. Surely he can find a happy medium in there somewhere.

PS He is a prima donna

Looking at the title I thought this was a thread suggesting that the Red Wings trade for Cal Clutterbuck.

On an even weirder note, the first thing I thought of when I read the title was Orest Kindrachuk...