• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

Overpayment by Sather's standards? No, it's a good deal, taking into account some of his other signings (Gomez, Drury, Redden, Boogaard).

Whether it is overpayment by league-wide standards is a different matter. But who knows? Surely Sather has got to get some of his decisions right... (I wonder if Gaborik will stay healthy this year too?)
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#22 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

Given the contract they gave Boogey...this one is a little more realistic considering the Ranger's track record for bloated ass offers.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#23 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

The Rags need to ask the Wings to teach them how to assemble a team with chemistry that can win.

But not a bad signing, for the Rangers. Not really an overpayment, it's on par with the rest of the league. And who knows, with a new environment Frolov could thrive. But probably not with the attitude of the Rangers locker room.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#24 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Problem with bringing Frolov to a team with a lot of underperformers is that he might fall into that same trap. I truly hope he doesn't but to be honest, with this team, it's not looking good.

And when it comes to the rest of the team, there's nothing exciting there. I'll most likely be proven wrong because that's usually how it works but I don't see them going anywhere until the Drury and Redden contracts are finished. Those two have a total cap hit of $13.5M which is insane.