• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu in Israel

Hockeytown leads

Rate this topic

Wild fans are so much better than Blackhawks and Pens fans, it's not even funny.

Agreed, they follow their team well despite such a crappy on-ice product. But they don't exactly have fans in every hockey city around the country, and they don't sell tons of jerseys... so they don't make the cut.

As far as the Hawks and Pens are concerned... it really shows the bandwagon effect to see them on this list over dedicated fan bases like the Leafs, Bruins, etc.

This is somewhat off topic but I'm thinking of going to my first game at the JLA... I need suggestions on where to sit, what's good what's not and what's a fair price to pay... I'm looking at Lower Level Center 121 | Row 12 cost $220 and what side of the area should I be on? Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Wings/Flyers Jan. 02... yea StubHub. I want good seats on the wings bench side... this will be my first one so I want good seats.

Which game are you looking to go to?

Sounds as though those figures you've posted are from Stubhub/Ebay; you might want to wait until single game seats are offered via Ticketmaster since it could save you some $$$.

Wild fans are so much better than Blackhawks and Pens fans, it's not even funny.

Very much agree with that. Especially since most Wild fans are just hockey lovers in general. I'd say about the majority of the Pens/Hawks fans I've met have started watching their team within the last 5 years.

I'm not surprised we're #1 in the NHL. I've been saying that for years! :cool:

Boston really cleaned up eh? Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots in the top 7! I don't watch enough NBA and NFL to have an opinion there, but I can't really argue with the Red Sox being #1 in Baseball.

And the thing with Pittsburgh and Chicago is that their "fans" would jump off the bandwagon as soon as they fell from grace.

What makes you say that? Both organizations have turned things around. I don't think either team will be serious contenders this year but I guarantee they both continue their sellout streaks.

Back during the Dead Wings era our attendance dropped too. Once the organization turned things around everybody jumped back on the bandwagon and the team has been successful and drawing in fans ever since. What makes you think the same won't happen for Pittsburgh and Chicago? They seem to be dropping their old bad habits and putting together competent front offices now.

You are right Chicago has done a hell of a job showing what needs to be done. Well how to get things done like Florida Marlins maybe.

Can't really blame Bowman for the mistakes the previous GM made. They fired the guy and have set up reasonable contracts for players that needed to be signed so they won't run into the abortion of an offseason like they had this summer. Seems like those were correct steps to me.