• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

What We Learned: The Hockey News 2010-11 Yearbook

Rate this topic

is Loui Eriksson really better then Hossa? Bryzgalov over Luongo? I want whatever this dude is smokin...i mean the Sedin Brothers are good...but better then every player in the league? Better then Crosby? hmmmm

Actually I would take Bryzgalov over Luongo.

I don't have the list, and don't have access to a copy of it, but here's what I would put for the Top 50. Get your pitchforks.

1) Henrik Zetterberg, C

2) Alexander Ovechkin, LW

3) Duncan Keith, D

4) Nicklas Lidstrom, D

5) Pavel Datsyuk, C

6) Drew Doughty, D

7) Daniel Sedin, LW

8) Henrik Sedin, C

9) Jonathan Toews, C

10) Sidney Crosby, C (Sorry Carman)

11) Ryan Miller, G

12) Jarome Iginla, RW

13) Chris Pronger, D

14) Patrick Marleau, LW

15) Ilya Kovalchuk, LW

16) Evgeni Malkin, C

17) Shea Weber, D

18) Zdeno Chara, D

19) Tomas Vokoun, G

20) Joe Thornton, C

21) Steven Stamkos, C

22) Patrick Kane, RW

23) Ryan Kesler, C

24) Mariak Gaborik, LW

25) Nicklas Backstrom, C

26) Dan Heatley, RW

27) Martin Brodeur, D

28) Miikka Kiprusoff, G

29) Brad Richards, C

30) Anze Kopitar, C

31) Martin St.Louis, RW

32) Alexander Semin, LW

33) Ilya Bryzgalov, G

34) Niklas Backstrom, G

35) Henrik Lunqdvist, G

36) Roberto Luongo, G

37) Christian Ehrhoff, D

38) Niklas Kronwall, D

39) Brent Seabrook, D

40) Dan Boyle, D

41) Jordan Staal, C

42) Loui Eriksson, LW

43) Eric Staal, C

44) Cam Ward, G

45) Mikko Koivu, C

46) Jonathan Quick, G

47) Tomas Plekanec, C

48) Vincent Lecavalier, C

49) Marian Hossa, RW

50) Johan Franzen, RW

EDIT: Some text running together.

Did Eva really make this list? I can't find Hudler anywhere. :hehe::ph34r:

is Loui Eriksson really better then Hossa? Bryzgalov over Luongo? I want whatever this dude is smokin...i mean the Sedin Brothers are good...but better then every player in the league? Better then Crosby? hmmmm

Not to mention Daniel is ranked higher then Henrik. Everyone knows Henrik is the better twin

Some of us read articles, some of us watch games.

And for the "Henrik is so far much better than Daniel"

Yes, Henrik, won the Hart. But they play an extremely similar style, and Daniel had better offensive numbers last season if you want to take that into account, and is typically more effectively offensively when left to his own devices.

If you are using the Hart as a complaint, well then what the hell happened to THN's list?

It wasn't a "homer" decision to put Zetterberg at #1.

It was a matter of comparing each team's players and ranking them in order, and then figuring out from those 30 lists what forwards, defensemen, and goaltenders ranked. After that it was a matter of simply figuring out who ranked at the top, forward, defenseman, or goaltender?

Zetterberg is the best forward in the league, due in large part to his completeness and clutch ability. Ovechkin, Datsyuk, the Sedins, Toews, and Crosby as you saw also finished in the top ten, based on their overall ability and not just how many points they scored plus how popular they are.

Duncan Keith ranked atop the defensemen, deservedle, slightly ahead of Nicklas Lidstrom, who finished second amond Red Wings. Ryan Miller is the top goaltender on the list. So the first question is, which is the top forward, defenseman, and goaltender?

Ultimately, Zetterberg won the 1v1v1 battle for the top spot against Duncan Keith and Ryan Miller, putting Alex Ovechkin in his place as the top remaining unselected forward. Ovechkin, Keith, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Doughty, Sedin, Sedin, and so on went the selections. If you feel you have a better way of selecting the top players in the league than this, go ahead and recommendit to me and I might reconsider my list.