#1 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:58 PM

DETROIT RED WINGS

THN Prediction: 3rd in Western Conference

What We Learned: That Pavel Datsyuk can have 70 points in 80 games — his lowest total as an NHLer and 27 fewer than each of the previous two seasons — and still stay at No. 4 in THN's Top 50 Players rankings. Datsyuk's game is more than scoring, but if Eric Staal drops from eighth to 33rd by dropping off five points in 12 fewer games in 2009-10, than Datsyuk should at least slide a bit, especially with the Red Wings suffering their worst regular season is ages.

wow talk about an unbiased post about the wings.

Cory Lavalette happens to be the team writer for guess which team? jealous much hahahah

From The Rink

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 19 August 2010 - 02:59 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#2 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

wow talk about an unbiased post about the wings.

Cory Lavalette happens to be the team writer for guess which team? jealous much hahahah

From The Rink

Seriously, comparing Staal to Datsyuk ? I stopped reading after that statement was made. Did it forget to mention Datsyuk points total was due to the fact the entire team was injured all last season pretty much ? of course not, I mean that wouldn't have anything to do with it.... right ?

Edited by darkmanx, 19 August 2010 - 03:29 PM.

#3 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

Seriously, comparing Staal to Datsyuk ? I stopped reading after that statement was made. Did it forget to mention Datsyuk points total was due to the fact the entire team was injured all last season pretty much ? of course not, I mean that wouldn't have anything to do with it.... right ?

huh?

What We Learned: That Pavel Datsyuk can have 70 points in 80 games ó his lowest total as an NHLer and 27 fewer than each of the previous two seasons ó and still stay at No. 4 in THN's Top 50 Players rankings. Datsyuk's game is more than scoring, but if Eric Staal drops from eighth to 33rd by dropping off five points in 12 fewer games in 2009-10, than Datsyuk should at least slide a bit, especially with the Red Wings suffering their worst regular season is ages.

You should have kept reading.

Posted Image

#4 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

WTH. Did anyone actually get their copy yet (if you subscribe)?

I've been waiting, I thought it usually came in early August. Should be anyday now.

#5 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image

BTW speaking of Datsyuk...i found his new theme song. Seriously i think it was made just for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teEMKdXBynw&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Original-Six, 19 August 2010 - 05:12 PM.

#6 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:16 PM

Ummm, to me it looks like he is giving Datsyuk some props... Staal amasses a few less points than previous seasons and he drops immensely, but Datsyuk drops a lot of points but still stays near the top because of other aspects of his game and the writer acknowledges that Datsyuk is more of an elite player than Staal is.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#7 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

I had to laugh at the Leafs section:

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

THN Prediction: 12th in Eastern Conference

What We Learned: That if things go as predicted, Brian Burke will be screaming all summer (again) that he would do the Phil Kessel trade over again and that the undrafted free agents they sign are as good as high draft picks. In the meantime, Boston will be adding another top-five pick to their prospect pool.

Boston's going to win a Stanley Cup soon, thanks to a lot of help from the Maple Leafs.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#8 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

Have a listen to THN staffer Rory Boylen has to say about our boys at about 2:15 during this one...

http://video.thehock...adetail/3106995

Frankie says relax

Oh, and he also put out a '5 Players to Watch' article that the Flip lovers should find interesting...

http://www.thehockey...-in-201011.html

Edited by BleedRed&White, 19 August 2010 - 06:39 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

Ummm, to me it looks like he is giving Datsyuk some props... Staal amasses a few less points than previous seasons and he drops immensely, but Datsyuk drops a lot of points but still stays near the top because of other aspects of his game and the writer acknowledges that Datsyuk is more of an elite player than Staal is.

Thats what i got out of it too. I thought he was respecting Datsyuk not bashing him.

#10 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

He's saying that there's some little kind of bias that prevents Datsyuk from sliding at least a bit on these type of lists.

#11 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

Have a listen to THN staffer Rory Boylen has to say about our boys at about 2:15 during this one...

Frankie says relax

Wow it was brutal to listen to that guy try and pronounce Detroit's players, i dont think he got any of them right...

#12 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

How dare he insituate that Datsyuk was not one of the top 4 best skaters in the leauge last season... seriously the nerve :rolleyes:.

Face it, everyone's entitlted to their own opinion and I am sure if you really think back at how he played in the regular season you cannot say with a straight face that he was as dominant as years past. He was still great, and easily a game breaking player, but if you think that he was among the 4 best players in the league last season, you are delusional. That's not to say he was a bad, or even should be anywhere close to the 30s as the guy comparing him to Stall suggested, but seriously guys lets get our blinders off here... he had a bad season, and if you don't belive me go re-read GDTs. You could tell he was tired, worn out, and for a portion of the season disinterested for a stretch of 20 or so games from December-Febuary.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#13 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

How dare he insituate that Datsyuk was not one of the top 4 best skaters in the leauge last season... seriously the nerve :rolleyes:.

Face it, everyone's entitlted to their own opinion and I am sure if you really think back at how he played in the regular season you cannot say with a straight face that he was as dominant as years past. He was still great, and easily a game breaking player, but if you think that he was among the 4 best players in the league last season, you are delusional. That's not to say he was a bad, or even should be anywhere close to the 30s as the guy comparing him to Stall suggested, but seriously guys lets get our blinders off here... he had a bad season, and if you don't belive me go re-read GDTs. You could tell he was tired, worn out, and for a portion of the season disinterested for a stretch of 20 or so games from December-Febuary.

Honestly, I'm surprised he is at 4th. For a long time there, he looked so disinterested in the game, especially when it was practically him and a bunch of AHL'ers.

#14 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

wth are you talking about? thats not even where i was heading with this thread. the dude is the hurricanes team writer and knowing that and if you read what he put about us more slowly you can feel the bias that hes doing...it had nothing to do thinking dats should be rated higher or any of that.....slow your roll there buddy=) i thought it was funny to see what he put then seeing who he writes for thats it. nothing more. hahaha.

what i got was he was saying if staal drops then so should dats.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 19 August 2010 - 09:16 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#15 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:52 PM

i found it most humorous that we finish 3rd in the west....behind Sanjose?!?!?!?!?!??!?! :hehe: :lol: :hehe:
To whom much is given, much is expected

#16 the_winged_wheel

the_winged_wheel

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:11 PM

Frankie says relax

Oh, and he also put out a '5 Players to Watch' article that the Flip lovers should find interesting...

http://www.thehockey...-in-201011.html

We canít win the cup because our goaltending isnít good enough and we are too old........hmmmmmmm......now i know Iíve heard that somewhere before.............oh yeah! 97,98,02 and 08 season previews.

#17 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:11 PM

i found it most humorous that we finish 3rd in the west....behind Sanjose?!?!?!?!?!??!?! :hehe: :lol: :hehe:

Yea I laughed at that too! I wouldn't be surprised if the SJ Divers slip a couple spots in the standings. Not only did they lose Nabokov, you have to think their playoff failures are going to effect them in the Regular Season this year.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#18 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

San Jose making it to the conference finals will affect them negatively, but the Wings losing out in the semifinals won't?

#19 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:07 AM

The Charks losing Blake will hurt more than the psychological damage of losing once again before the Final. They lose their captain and top two defenceman and replace him with... what? The hope that Vlasic responds better than he did last year? Dog Murray? Huskins? Nic Wallin and his baffling $2.5 million re-signing?

They have a tiny bit of cap room but they don't appear all that willing to spend up to get there at this point. They should really have been in the Paul Martin sweepstakes, or at least had a Plan B if the Hjalmarsson signing was matched.

#20 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

I don't have the list, and don't have access to a copy of it, but here's what I would put for the Top 50. Get your pitchforks.

1) Henrik Zetterberg, C
2) Alexander Ovechkin, LW
3) Duncan Keith, D
4) Nicklas Lidstrom, D
5) Pavel Datsyuk, C
6) Drew Doughty, D
7) Daniel Sedin, LW
8) Henrik Sedin, C
9) Jonathan Toews, C
10) Sidney Crosby, C (Sorry Carman)
11) Ryan Miller, G
12) Jarome Iginla, RW
13) Chris Pronger, D
14) Patrick Marleau, LW
15) Ilya Kovalchuk, LW
16) Evgeni Malkin, C
17) Shea Weber, D
18) Zdeno Chara, D
19) Tomas Vokoun, G
20) Joe Thornton, C
21) Steven Stamkos, C
22) Patrick Kane, RW
23) Ryan Kesler, C
24) Mariak Gaborik, LW
25) Nicklas Backstrom, C
26) Dan Heatley, RW
27) Martin Brodeur, D
28) Miikka Kiprusoff, G
29) Brad Richards, C
30) Anze Kopitar, C
31) Martin St.Louis, RW
32) Alexander Semin, LW
33) Ilya Bryzgalov, G
34) Niklas Backstrom, G
35) Henrik Lunqdvist, G
36) Roberto Luongo, G
37) Christian Ehrhoff, D
38) Niklas Kronwall, D
39) Brent Seabrook, D
40) Dan Boyle, D
41) Jordan Staal, C
42) Loui Eriksson, LW
43) Eric Staal, C
44) Cam Ward, G
45) Mikko Koivu, C
46) Jonathan Quick, G
47) Tomas Plekanec, C
48) Vincent Lecavalier, C
49) Marian Hossa, RW
50) Johan Franzen, RW

EDIT: Some text running together.

Edited by eva unit zero, 20 August 2010 - 10:55 AM.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."