• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:24 AM

My bf is a hard-core Vikings fan, and he was irritated by that call. He knows his football, but unfortunately, he's not one to go to for explanations. He explains things on the most basic level and never gets beyond explaining to me what it means when they review a play (like I didn't know that).

I would like an explanation. Is there a new rule this year that I don't know about or is that just a pile of non-sense?

Still fuming.

#22 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

My bf is a hard-core Vikings fan, and he was irritated by that call. He knows his football, but unfortunately, he's not one to go to for explanations. He explains things on the most basic level and never gets beyond explaining to me what it means when they review a play (like I didn't know that).

I would like an explanation. Is there a new rule this year that I don't know about or is that just a pile of non-sense?

Still fuming.

Basically there are different rules for catching the ball in the endzone than the rest of the field of play. The rule was created for different situations, one where it wasn't so damn obvious the player caught the ball.

If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#23 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

Even fans from most other teams acknowledge the bulls*** level on that one is sky high.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#24 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

I'm not a Lions fan, but when I saw the highlights of that game and that CJ catch was called incomplete, I almost lost it. He caught it, came down with both feet and then hit the ground. Play over. Then the ball came loose. It didn't come loose in the process of making the catch, the catch had already been made. How much longer is he supposed to hold onto the ball until its considered a catch?

There was a similar play to this last year with Hines Ward. He caught it in the corner of the end zone running, fell down and rolled with the ball out of bounds and when he got up to his feet, he dropped it and they said incomplete pass. Nobody made a big deal about it because it was a blowout game against the Browns and it didn't matter. This crap call affected the outcome of the game.

#25 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

I still can't believe it. Were they using NHL officials?

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#26 Slave

Slave

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:15 PM

Gonna get beat up over this, but i hope vick throws for 500 yards and runs for another 200 this sunday. What the guy did is digusting and inexcusable, but he did his time so let the guy play football. (yes I was and still am a big Vick fan) sucks he gets chance to shine against the lions, but I hope he dominates.

#27 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:38 PM

I hope not. Nothing against Vick, I just want the Lions to win.

#28 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:00 AM

Gonna get beat up over this, but i hope vick throws for 500 yards and runs for another 200 this sunday. What the guy did is digusting and inexcusable, but he did his time so let the guy play football. (yes I was and still am a big Vick fan) sucks he gets chance to shine against the lions, but I hope he dominates.

So because the guy did something disgusting you hope he does something good? Not following that logic. Hope Suh anal rapes him on the 50 yard line and takes legal custody of his children.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#29 Slave

Slave

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

meh second chances and all that, what he did has nothing to do with his ability as a football player. getting anal raped might not be too bad on him since he did spend 18 months in prison. ;)

#30 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

Hope Suh anal rapes him on the 50 yard line and takes legal custody of his children.

Lmao! Hide your beagle Vicks an Eagle!

#31 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:53 PM

Lmao! Hide your beagle Vicks an Eagle!

:lol:

#32 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

Hey, here's hoping the Lions don't get raped by the officials today.

#33 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,136 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

The only explanation from last week is that the Lions have apparently offended the football gods, and when they almost manage a clutch victory, the gods intervened to crush that hope.

I'm not sure what they did to offend them. Maybe hiring Millen? Made a deal with the devil for Barry Sanders that they're still paying for?

#34 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

Don't worry, Shaun Hill is going to be the next Kurt Warner.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#35 Slave

Slave

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

anyone have a livestream of this? i have bell and 1200 channels but all i get without the nfl package is miami vs minnisota on like 52 channels and greenbay vs someone on another 10

#36 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

Good game. I didn't like the playcall on 4th and short, but hind-site is 20/20. The future looks good though.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#37 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:47 PM

Blah.

#38 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

It would be nice if the defense could make some stops every now and then. Putting up 32 points usually equals a win.

#39 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

I'm fearing a pretty hard loss to the Vikings tomorrow.

#40 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

We're making plays but we're still the Lions. Can't get out of our own damn way.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings, 26 September 2010 - 01:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users