• Please log in to reply
695 replies to this topic

#641 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:48 PM

I think he is too busy whining at all the "terrible" calls the refs give his team.

"NO FAIR!"

Did you see him whining at the refs!? But I did my thing by screaming him and getting a cramp in that finger. It's good to vent. :blush:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#642 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:52 PM

I'm really starting to think there's a problem with the Canadian players in the league. There seems to be a generation of poor sports, cry babies, and cheap shot artists towards the Europeans, lead by Iginla, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, and Perry. Almost like it's a Canadian vs. European mindset. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the stuff Don Cherry says on Hockey Night in Canada?

Yes I'm replying to myself :lol:

I keep hearing that hockey in Canada is a rich kid sport. I think we're starting to see that with this current crop of Canadians. Guys like Iginla, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, and Perry were probably spoiled brats as kids going through hockey and had everything handed to them. They probably think it's the same way in the NHL since they're Canadian, it's "Our Game", and Don Cherry every Saturday night swelled their heads and at the same time made the Europeans look bad.

As a Canadian, I've been really disappointed in how Canadians are acting in the NHL since the retirements of Yzerman, Mario, and Sakic. Canadian behavior lead by Iginla, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, and Perry seems to get worse every year.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#643 WMUCarGuy

WMUCarGuy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:53 PM

Posted Image

OMG! Is that really him? Hahahahah!

#644 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

Who was that who took a run at Kronner before the Stuart fight?

Man the Ducks love to goon it up. I think it's gonna be a long season for them.

#645 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Don't forget Shea Weber that guy is a complete ******.

Why? Because he beat up Lilja after Lilja cheapshotted him.

Seriously guys, the ducks are a rough team, get used to it, a lot of teams are going to play us like that because they can get away with it.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#646 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

WHAT! A! GAME! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#647 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:58 PM

It did but it's the first game of the season and they were up 4-0 when ducks decided to goon up big time...and eaves and helm played too so,, who cares. ;)

Lol, though it was annoying to see them not score with all that 5 on 3 time!
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#648 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:59 PM

Who was that who took a run at Kronner before the Stuart fight?

Man the Ducks love to goon it up. I think it's gonna be a long season for them.

Bobby Ryan. Guys like that shouldn't be making runs at our guys. We needed Abby and Ericcson tonight. We should add another Abdelkader type player

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#649 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:00 PM

Seriously guys, the ducks are a rough team, get used to it, a lot of teams are going to play us like that because they can get away with it.

But if they lose, they don't really get away with it.

#650 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:03 PM

Yes I'm replying to myself :lol:

I keep hearing that hockey in Canada is a rich kid sport. I think we're starting to see that with this current crop of Canadians. Guys like Iginla, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, and Perry were probably spoiled brats as kids going through hockey and had everything handed to them. They probably think it's the same way in the NHL since they're Canadian, it's "Our Game", and Don Cherry every Saturday night swelled their heads and at the same time made the Europeans look bad.

As a Canadian, I've been really disappointed in how Canadians are acting in the NHL since the retirements of Yzerman, Mario, and Sakic. Canadian behavior lead by Iginla, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, and Perry seems to get worse every year.

Yeah but you ignore guys like Martin St Louis, Brad Richards, Lecalvier, Doughty etc.

But if they lose, they don't really get away with it.

Yeah but it still shouldn't happen. Your team should have enough balance that when you get in a blow out like that, you have guys to handle it. We've lost to teams like that before so its not unheard of. Thats style of play doesn't automatically equal lose

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#651 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

Well, as the boys from Athens GA used to sing, "It's the end of the world as we know it."

Just when you think you've seen everything, Pasha pulls out another little trick from the magic bag. Damn, boy, you make me shake my head in bewilderment sometimes.
Posted Image

#652 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

Just got back from one hell of a game.

Datsyuk is my new hero. Detroit put on an absolute clinic, and the place exploded after Modano scored. Great game, loved Datsyuk taking Perry down.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#653 FedorovMan91

FedorovMan91

Legend

• PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

nice win. Too bad I could not watch the game. W.e, nice to start the season with the win, especially against the those Ducks! And happy to see Dats punched perry, this kid should know this is a hockey, not a wrestling on ice
Anyone asks about the life? It is very simple. You have all or none. You have a success or failure. There can be only one winner. However, you need a failure to accomplish a success. You never look back. You only look forward. What you are doing right now for even a second or a minute shape your future. It can be deadly gloomy or very bright. Don't be frustrated by the present situation. Think positively. Good thing will happen to you soon

#654 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:15 PM

Bobby Ryan. Guys like that shouldn't be making runs at our guys. We needed Abby and Ericcson tonight. We should add another Abdelkader type player

I should've figured. The second biggest douchebag and spot picker next to Perry.

#655 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:18 PM

Enforcing and Perry in no way belong in the same sentence.

Lady Bing winners 1
Spot picking douchebags 0

Perry's like the bully's sidekick, who acts tough because he knows guys who can actually fight have his back. And he'll never pick a fair fight.

I think, Pavel is sending a message to the awards selection committee:"I don't want none of them stinking lady Bing trophies no more". :)

#656 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

*lady byng

#657 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:31 PM

Watched this @ the Penalty Box in Fenton with some friends.

One of the best season openers I can remember.

Everyone sticking up for each other and not taking any bulls***. Modano getting on the scoreboard in his first game with us. Howard wasn't busy but made some outstanding saves when tested.

Besides Flip being a little weak on the puck, and the defensive pairings looking a little trepidacious (to be expected), I thought we were outstanding.

And don't even get me started on Pavel. Best player in the league. Period.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#658 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

couldnt ask for a better first game! holy crap
1st 2nd and 3rd line scoring and howard with the shutout!!! and dats fighting holy s***
way to go guys! keep up the good work.

Didnt see too much of the game but i guess the defense was pretty good considering there was only 21 shots. i believe i heard ericsson looked pretty good while he was in as well.

go wings!!!

#659 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:41 PM

couldnt ask for a better first game! holy crap
1st 2nd and 3rd line scoring and howard with the shutout!!! and dats fighting holy s***
way to go guys! keep up the good work.

Didnt see too much of the game but i guess the defense was pretty good considering there was only 21 shots. i believe i heard ericsson looked pretty good while he was in as well.

go wings!!!

Yeah it sucked! Did anyone else notice how good Ericcson looked before his back started acting up. its a shame that game coulda been a real building block for him

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#660 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

Very few teams are going to do this.

The Ducks have hotheads on their team. They have since 07. They will for a number of years. This is a game I expect from them. I do not expect a game like this from the rest of the league.

My best guess is Calgary is the only other team that would be this cheap towards the Red Wings this season.

But hey, only you would take the other team gooning up because they were losing as a way to call the Wings soft.

Take my previous post as a response. We got the win, they went home crying.

Posted Image