• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

So wait... Some on here basically think the "It's not Chris Pronger's fault he's 6'6" kind of 'reasoning'?

Ha, first thing I thought too. Good call.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#22 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

After 2 seconds of the puck leaving your blade you should be focusing on your surroundings again.

After 2 seconds of the puck leaving your blade you shouldn't be getting wiped out from the side.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#23 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

I can't feel bad for the Ducks when they play cheap and brought it on themselves. Play cheap, it'll come back and bite ya.

Duck fans need to stop crying.

#24 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

It's certainly close enough that any self-respecting Duck's fan would scoff at any evidence, dismiss it outright, call everyone else sissies and then go back to staring at his George Parros poster.

It's the 'stache I'm telling you!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#25 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:35 PM

I honestly don't care what some other team's fans from another board think but it seemed like a late blind side hit and pretty borderline suspension worthy. It can go either way. Since it's the Ducks though I probably won't feel too bad.

#26 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:41 PM

Randy Carlyle's voice keeps echoing in my head, " He was admiring his pass... Tape don't lie. "

#27 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

Doan has been suspended for three games.

Joke of a suspension, but I can't stand Doan's "I'm going to go out of my way to hit anyone no matter if they have possession of the puck or not" game.

Posted Image

#28 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

3 games is too much, should have been 1 or 2 at most.

I agree it's a dirty hit, but not one where it's obviously planned to be.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#29 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

The Ducks suck, kettle black, blah blah blah..

Can someone actually explain to me intelligently how that is not a really late hit? I hate the Ducks but seriously Doan is a moron on that play.

#30 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

Really late, and could have been much more dangerous. 3 might be a little too much, but Doan needs to learn.

Posted Image

#31 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

Best part is he gets 3 games and there was no call on the ice, much like this hit...

Bickell gets up and stares Dats down too like "do something *****". He knows that was a cheapshot. But what can we do? Hopefully our power play will teach him a lesson next time! :thumbdown:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#32 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

Here's Doan's hit on Fowler btw...

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#33 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Bickell gets up and stares Dats down too like "do something *****". He knows that was a cheapshot. But what can we do? Hopefully our power play will teach him a lesson next time! :thumbdown:

esteef

Win the game? :thumbup:

#34 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

Here's Doan's hit on Fowler btw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnP4jLmNhyU

esteef

I actually think this hit is worse. From behind into the boards. Doan is really starting to drive me crazy with his unnecessary hits. He needs to show some respect to other players in the NHL. Hit people clean, FINE but these hits are all hits that could very easily injure and did.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#35 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

I actually think this hit is worse. From behind into the boards. Doan is really starting to drive me crazy with his unnecessary hits. He needs to show some respect to other players in the NHL. Hit people clean, FINE but these hits are all hits that could very easily injure and did.

Fowler CLEARLY loses an edge right there, not doan's fault he crashed into the boards
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#36 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:06 PM

Fowler CLEARLY loses an edge right there, not doan's fault he crashed into the boards

Because of the contact from Doan.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#37 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

Because of the contact from Doan.

1:30 he is already falling, doan was expecting him to be upright
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#38 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

1:30 he is already falling, doan was expecting him to be upright

I disagree...watch starting at 1:40 he does look off balance but Doan goes at him hard.

#39 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

Late, dirty, blindside hit by Doan? Yes.

But you know what? :censored: the Ducks. :censored: them right in their :censored:.

They've injured players with impunity for years, and even though I agree with the new rules, I don't think it should apply when it happens to Duck players for the next two seasons.

You play for the Ducks, you know what you're getting into. :censored: the Ducks.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#40 donfishmaster

donfishmaster

steviesteenie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

Pissed off, hurt Ducks = Funny! :D