• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hockeygods

Rypien suspended 6 games

Rate this topic

185 posts in this topic

I heard yesterday that two of them got 6 games, including Mike "The Shoe Shiner" Milbury, and one of them got 8 games. Who knows what it would be now...

milbury was on nhl live yesterday and when asked he said he thinks he would have at least gotten half a season and probably a full season in todays environment.

kinda funny to think how we have all turned into such ******* about this.

What he did was stupid but the NHL is more f***in stupid for handing out 2 game suspensions for head shots and 6 games because they are embarrassed by a players behavior.

Hockeymom1960 likes this

I'm surprised how small the suspension is, considering how players have been suspended for much more in player vs. player interactions.

You'd think attacking a fan for no reason would get treated more severely than a cheapshot on a player.

commadore183 likes this

From Minneapolis Star-Tribune:

Soon after Gary Bettman slapped Rick Rypien with a six-game suspension Friday, the NHL commissioner called the Wild fan who the Vancouver Canucks agitator accosted and offered him dinner and some tickets.

"He said, 'Sorry about the events, and players should never, ever put their hands on a fan,' " said James Engquist, appreciative of Bettman's gesture. "I thought that was very nice of him. I mean, what do you say at that point? You're talking to the commissioner of the NHL. I thought it was really respectful for him to give me a call."

Good for the Canucks, for standing by this guy. They remind me of another great team, taking care of their own. Hope Rypien gets things straightened out soon.