• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hockeygods

Rypien suspended 6 games

Rate this topic

185 posts in this topic

Exactly. Its not the act of shoving or how much damage was done to the fan. Its the fact that a player reached into the stands with intent to cause harm. Under no circumstances should a player even think about touching a fan.

How do you know there was intent to cause harm?

You absolutely CAN NOT put your hands on a fan. period. He's lucky to be alive, that kids father should have stabbed him or something, he would have been justified.

Are you serious? First I doubt highly the person is a kid. If I had to guess he is in his 20's and that is old enough to vote, die in the military and drink. As for the father and stabbing.... think about that statement for a second.

Ok, thanks guys, i was most upset about the report they were ejected.

I'm still for the suspension, season and playoffs. They need to fit all arenas with glass covering at least the opposing team, for both player and fan safety, those fans look really close.

Again Rypien is an idiot for what he did but there is no chance in hell it will even come remotely close to a season let alone the season and playoffs. If by some miracle it does my mind will be simply blown to pieces by the stupidity of the NHL.

i think you're overreacting. think back to the milbury shoe incident. no suspensions over 10 games. and milbury beat a fan with his shoe!

Lol! Cause it's funny, the shoe thing not your statement. haha

Edited by Nhurdi

It was Rypien's responsibility as a player, and AS AN ADULT, to control his temper. He lost it and he laid hands on a fan in anger, and he's going to suffer the consequences.

I think that's the bottom line here.

Edited by Crymson
commadore183 and Konnan511 like this

I can pretty much guarantee with absolute certainty that if this really happened to you or your teenage son, you'd be singing a different tune.

+1. This kid's parents are probably irate for a grown man not being able to control himself and assaulting their son.

+1. This kid's parents are probably irate for a grown man not being able to control himself and assaulting their son.

I suspect the league will give them some sort of compensatory package, likely tickets to some upcoming high-profile game.

I suspect the league will give them some sort of compensatory package, likely tickets to some upcoming high-profile game.

For starters imo.

You should get at least that for being Rick-Rolled.

edicius likes this

I thought I'd share this amusing tidbit from a poster in the Yahoo! discussion on this matter:

This guy would fit right in with the dead wings. there kind of player. they can never have enough goons on the dead wings. i look for him to be with the dead wings by the end of the year. he will fit right in with ber-two-ie, applegater, and cornball, and cleary.

lol.

skyphoenix likes this

Pierre LeBrun's Twitter:

"Just had long talk with 28-year-old fan that Rypien grabbed: He is seeking a lawyer: "Bottom line, I was assaulted." "

esteef

According to a tweet by Michael Russo (Minneapolis Star-Tribune), it wasn't a kid or even a teen:

Just had long talk with 28-year-old fan that Rypien grabbed: He is seeking a lawyer: "Bottom line, I was assaulted."

@russostrib

According to Michael Russo's Twitter, the fan also called NHL Security. Russo also provided this quote:

It's been a long day. ... If my brother wasn't grabbing me, he probably would have dragged me over the edge. It's not right.

Pierre LeBrun's Twitter:

"Just had long talk with 28-year-old fan that Rypien grabbed: He is seeking a lawyer: "Bottom line, I was assaulted." "

esteef

Grabbing a person's shirt is assault? I'm not saying what Rypien did was right, but assault? Seriously?

dobbles likes this

He grabbed the kid. He didn't assault him. I'm thinking a 5 game suspension.

Well according to Minnesota law:

Fifth Degree Assault

A fifth degree assault is a misdemeanor if it is a first offense punishable by up to a 90 days in jail and/or a $1000 fine. A fifth degree assault may be charged if a person

1. commits an act with intent to cause fear in another of immediate bodily harm or death; or

2. intentionally inflicts or attempts to inflict bodily harm upon another.

Grabbing and shaking an individual with your Doan-face during a temper flare up consitutes as assault. There's the law. It's assault plain and simple.

Well according to Minnesota law:

Grabbing and shaking an individual with your Doan-face during a temper flare up consitutes as assault. There's the law. It's assault plain and simple.

I stand corrected. I don't agree with it, but it is the law I suppose. Had Rypien dragged the kid down and kicked him with his skate, would be an assault to me. But I guess Rypien is facing as minor of an assault charge as possible.

He grabbed the kid. He didn't assault him. I'm thinking a 5 game suspension.

Since he has an in-person hearing schedule, his suspension will = MIN 5 games.

With respect to pending lawsuit against him....bulls***.

Hockeymom1960 likes this

Yes grabbing someone that doesnt want to be grabbed is assault in almost(more than likely) every state in the US. How is that so unbelievable?

Edited by SpIkE