• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Heaten

How many goals will Franzen score this season?

Rate this topic

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

one thing is for sure. his contract seems like a bargain compared to Zetterberg, they way things are going

This is very true, in fact as of right now he is playing better then Zetterberg. Not to say Z is playing poorly, but he just generally is not playing up to his standards while Franzen is playing a better all around game then normal. The scary part is both have much room to improve on the quality of their games this year. Whether or not that translates to more stats is not really the point, but it should translate into more dominant wins.

I have to say that Val looks like the second best forward we have right now and even though his points per minute of play is not as high as Bertuzzi or Johan's, he is a big reason for the lines success.

While I still don't to say Bertuzzi is great, his play has been as strong as I can remember and he deserves a ton of credit for coming ready to play after a pretty poor preseason. I normally think that Bert can be selfish and drag a line down defensively while chipping in a decent amount of goals, he has been a great team player and has established good chemistry on the line. I still think Val's defensive backchecking accounts for the way both the big boys have been racking up points, I will give some credit where it is do for Bertuzzi. Keep it up.

All of this makes me think the goal total can be very high for Franzen. Much has been said about the vet work on the Mule, and this cannot be discounted. There will be down times for the line as well, and the fact that it seems Cleary is the first one to get pushed up if there is an injury on the second line makes me think that if we drop someone due to injury who isn't Johan there will be a drop off in production.

If he stays healthy, and if Johan gets promoted up to the first line while Zetter gets demoted in case of injury to Valteri, then he can put up fifty goals.

Plenty of ifs, but that is why we watch the games boys and girls.

Yes u can at the bottom there should be an option to change from mobile to LGW this will let you vote and respond to others on the thread

I say 35-40. Can't vote from mobile device??? I'm figuring he'll play 70-ish games and have a few streaks where he doesn't net one for 5 games or so. I also feel that he's the best candidate to buy us all Curly Fries.

For me, the question is not how many goals he will score, its how many games he will stay healthy for.

There has to be separate polls for this one because if he remained healthy for the rest of the year he could be the first Wing to receive the Richard Trophy...goal.gif

For me, the question is not how many goals he will score, its how many games he will stay healthy for.

After last night's head shot by whoever it was, I'm actually starting to worry a little for Franzen's well being. Guys are just going to keep going after his head.

Mule has a history of concussions. He is annoying to play against for many reasons whether it be scoring or every now and again agitating and then running away. Lastly, from a strategic standpoint, he is the major focal point of the 2nd line, which is playing pretty good right now. Take him out and that line is nowhere near as good.

I totally agree with Mickey that he should get his stick or gloves up and protect himself whenever he can. Can't really dodge everything.