• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Trade proposal

Rate this topic

...well "dumbass" is nothing compared to what I have been called (and -'d to death) for saying negative stuff about him since he has been associated with the Wings. The guy couldn't even make his Olympic squad last year...Useless waste of $2.8M! I would've rather had Samuelsson back at the $2.5M he signed for in Vancouver. At least he scored the big goal when a spark was needed!

I accumulated my fair share of negs as well. If Bertuzzi was playing like Hudler is, there would be nothing but "Bert blows" threads around here. I just doesn't make sense. He provides very little for this hockey club and I think Babs is finally starting to realize this..he's a healthy scratch again for tomorrow's game in Edmonton. He's eating up salary cap space that can be used for a decent deadline acquisition for the playoff run or something along those lines.

I accumulated my fair share of negs as well. If Bertuzzi was playing like Hudler is, there would be nothing but "Bert blows" threads around here. I just doesn't make sense. He provides very little for this hockey club and I think Babs is finally starting to realize this..he's a healthy scratch again for tomorrow's game in Edmonton. He's eating up salary cap space that can be used for a decent deadline acquisition for the playoff run or something along those lines.

After being scratched this long it really makes you wonder if he is indeed being offered as trade bait... I'm sure Kenny does't want a 2.8 million dollar healthy scratch every night

No im saying stop riding hudlers balls for a second like you have the last 5 years.

Bert and Franzen have chemistry, and theyve had it since last years playoffs... maybe if Hudler didnt screw off to MOscow Dynamo he could've been the one building chemistry with Franzen. How do you think Hudler would be the perfect for a role where youre getting pucks in the corners and down low when Hudler can't get within 10 feet of the corners without being on his ass?

Just because you love small skilled players doesnt mean we should be changing the chemistry of the best line on our team the first several games to make him hopefully produce just because he needs to ride on the coattails of others.

Logic Eva.

The line was the best line on the team for a couple games, ooh!!! Are we going to give out the Norris, Hart, Vezina, and Selke every three games now too? I sure hope so because man that would be SWEET.

Hudler wouldn't have been building chemistry with Franzen. You have to play together to build chemistry, and Babcock wouldn't have given Hudler a chance to play with Franzen. Are you serious?

The only time Hudler has ever really played much with Franzen has been on the PP. And they have plenty of chemistry there.

After being scratched this long it really makes you wonder if he is indeed being offered as trade bait... I'm sure Kenny does't want a 2.8 million dollar healthy scratch every night

Gotta think so. I think youre dead on with the new jersey speculation. Although its merely speculation, it makes sense, especially with Parise being out for a few months. I think Kenny realizes Hudler's trade value is likely diminishing and possibly is looking to ship him outta town while he's still got some sort of trade value. A hard hitting, in-your-face 3rd liner is just what the doctor ordered. Clarkson isn't on a long term contract so that works in our favor as well.

folks get the facts straight... Happy chased the tax-free cash to the KHL. that well has dried, which brought him back scampering here. the only feasible way for him to be moved is either A. some other team trying to dump their similarly cap-hit underachiever or B. a bottom-feeder team with gobs of capspace looking for some offence.

Perhaps you should take some of your own advice, there is still plenty of tax-free cash in the KHL, Hudlers team folded, not the entire league.

The line was the best line on the team for a couple games, ooh!!! Are we going to give out the Norris, Hart, Vezina, and Selke every three games now too? I sure hope so because man that would be SWEET.

Hudler wouldn't have been building chemistry with Franzen. You have to play together to build chemistry, and Babcock wouldn't have given Hudler a chance to play with Franzen. Are you serious?

The only time Hudler has ever really played much with Franzen has been on the PP. And they have plenty of chemistry there.

Their line was unreal for us the first few games and won us some games when Dats and Z weren't clicking and they were our best line last year in the playoffs.

Hudler is generally on the 4th line in the playoffs because he cant play playoff hockey.

Our top 2 lines are looking great this year, why would we put someone on them who doesn't provide anything except being a midget. He's not as good as Flip, Franzen, Dats or Z offensively and he cant fill a role that Homer and Bert do.

Did you ever think theres a reason Babcock doesn't give Hudler the benefit of the doubt like a lot of people here do? He sees him in practice and knows his skill level a lot better then we all do, Hudler really provides nothing to this team anymore, we could get some draft picks for him because with him in the lineup we are a worse team

I trust that Babs knows what a player can and cannot do. Hudler isn't good enough to be a top 6 player here, but he doesn't have the work ethic to play on the bottom 6. With how well Modano/Abs/Cleary are playing together (they essentially won our last two games for us) Hudler is looking more and more like the odd man out. Miller is never going to have the offensive capacity of Hudler, but he's a 4th liner, and he's excellent on the PK. Eaves has a ton of potential, is fast, and very skilled defensively, and Helm is the fastest, most defensively responsible player on the team.

I had hoped that Hudler would be better now, but he's never had the heart or drive to really become a better player. At least he's not a whiner, or he'd be just like Leino out there.