• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

Hes like Franzen, very very very streaky, I don't want to bear the bad news, but he will cool down, and I am sure he will be on the whipping post 2 games after his production slows.

This doesn't surprise me coming from the "fans" on this forum in general. There are some real fans on here that will truly stand behind their team through thick and thin. Then there are the fans on this forum that will hang the team out to dry, insult members of the team, and insult the management. This after years of playoff success, 4 stanley cups since 1997, and a monster winning percentage in the last 17 years. Go figure....

Dan Cleary has been excellent. His streak won't go all season, but other players will step up when Cleary has problems. That is what happens in hockey. :)
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#42 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

Can we trade Hudler for another Cleary type player?

Being Canadian has everything to do with it... its in the blood, its in the culture

I am proud... Why not be proud of our Canadian boys? The Yankee boys play very similar and look at what a less skilled but grittier and tougher Abdelkader has done compared to a highly skilled but wussy Hudler? I'd be proud of that if I were a Yank.

...hell I'm not a American and I am proud of it. I'd even trade Hudler for another Abdelkader (even if he is Amercian ;))

I'm just jerkin your chain. I've always liked what hard-nosed Canadian boys bring to a hockey team. :)

:thumbup: to all the above.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#43 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

This doesn't surprise me coming from the "fans" on this forum in general. There are some real fans on here that will truly stand behind their team through thick and thin. Then there are the fans on this forum that will hang the team out to dry, insult members of the team, and insult the management. This after years of playoff success, 4 stanley cups since 1997, and a monster winning percentage in the last 17 years. Go figure....

Dan Cleary has been excellent. His streak won't go all season, but other players will step up when Cleary has problems. That is what happens in hockey. :)

isn't that exactly what he was saying? I guess you aren't a "real fan" either..

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#44 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

I'm just jerkin your chain. I've always liked what hard-nosed Canadian boys bring to a hockey team. :)

I was kidding back with ya... sort of. I'm a proud Canadian for sure and proud of our hockey players mos def. But American hockey players have come along too and they play a very similar style... That Gold medal olympic game was the best example. I do appreciate the European game as well, how can you not watching Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Zetterberg do their thing. But we have saturated with European players who want to make the pretty play and shy away from the tough, ugly parts of the game... My favourite Wings teams had a better balance of the 2 and I like the direction we look to be going in because it looks to be just that. I'll take Cleary or Abdelkader on this team everyday over Hudler... Hudler showed me his true colours when he defected to KHL and then came crawling back... f*** him, he's been replaced by bigger, better suited and hungrier players.

#45 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

He's an amazing player to watch. Strong work ethic and grit. Read some articles that stated he couldn't even walk up stairs during the off season proves how banged up he was last year. I'm glad to see a productive, and healthy Cleary at his best. Do they still play "I can see clearly now" after he scores? Very happy for him.

They play the "Newfoundlander" song.

#46 daniel1

daniel1

#40 - UNSTOPPABLE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

off topic...but how do they take pictures like this so close to the ice?

Probably with a camera. :P
"And? If I did, I probably would have been a fighter, so what?"

Who knows; maybe you would realize that enforcers in hockey are critical to a teams chemistry and overall success?

#47 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

They play the "Newfoundlander" song.

Yepp, it's called Doin The Newfie Stomp. Love it :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#48 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:54 AM

Anyone have any updates on the injury? That makes me nervous that it didn't look that bad, but he didn't come back... those always scare me (Kronwall, Franzen, Flip)
:unsure:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#49 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:59 AM

I'm guessing shoulder separation.....but I guess we'll see....

:(

Posted Image

#50 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

There has been nothing anywhere on Cleary's status. They didn't even mention it on the news or Sports Wrap Up or whatever it's called.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#51 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

There has been nothing anywhere on Cleary's status. They didn't even mention it on the news or Sports Wrap Up or whatever it's called.

That can be good, or horrible... generally the only time they don't talk about them at all is if they're nothing and the player just had a stinger taken out for precautions... or it's a real bad injury...

This is making me nervous...

Edited by stevkrause, 22 November 2010 - 09:41 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#52 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

That can be good, or horrible... generally the only time they don't talk about them at all is if they're nothing and the player just had a stinger taken out for precautions... or it's a real bad injury...

This is making me nervous...

That's what I'm thinking. Usually if it's just a little something-or-other, it's at least mentioned. There hasn't been a single peep anywhere. I hope I'm wrong.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#53 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:51 AM

This is all I've found so far:

Red Wings RW Danny Cleary left the game late in the second period, after colliding with Calgary's Craig Conroy and taking a hit from the Flames' Mark Giordano. Cleary did not return. Babcock said the team would know more on Monday.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#54 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, im a tad nervous. He's been playing well and i dont want to see him go out. Should have been hudler :ph34r:

#55 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

http://www.mlive.com...ricsson_ta.html

'Red Wings coach Babcock said he didn't know the extent of the injury.

"We'll get him assessed and find out,'' Babcock said.'
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#56 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

Yepp, it's called Doin The Newfie Stomp. Love it :thumbup:

its probably the best goal song ever played at the joe. This opinion is not bias in any way :cool:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#57 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

Say it isn't so Danny, say it isn't so...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#58 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

So worried. So very worried.

#59 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

So worried. So very worried.

For what? We should have at least figured that this would happen to Cleary before the end of the season. Dan Cleary plays 65 game seasons. Not his fault, just the way it is.

Taking that into consideration, Abby has 7 pts in 10 games. Might mean some more powerplay time for him.

Someone will most likely step in and contribute. That someone might even be LGW's favorite whipping boy, Jiri Hudler. And when he pulls a Modano and turns it around I'm sure most of the haters will fall in Lilja love with him and the hotseat will be someone else's to sit in.

Get well soon though, Danny

#60 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

its probably the best goal song ever played at the joe. This opinion is not bias in any way :cool:

The Irish Jig!

Although, despite everything, Cleary feels like a poor man's Shanny to me a bit. He doesn't have all of what Shanny had, but he brings it. I dunno, just me.