• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Bert's role with the team

Rate this topic

Not to mention a healthy (well, rested) Modano going into the post season. This playoff run has all the makings of being EPIC. Can't wait either.

Let's not start this again. I think we can all agree that it would be best for Modano to play with the team all season long, so he can get used to the players and the system. With the injury he sustained, I'm seriously concerned that his time in the NHL is as done as I wish my dinner was. How much motivation is Modano going to have to work through the rehab and come back 100%? He has to feel pretty deflated right now.

Let's not start this again. I think we can all agree that it would be best for Modano to play with the team all season long, so he can get used to the players and the system. With the injury he sustained, I'm seriously concerned that his time in the NHL is as done as I wish my dinner was. How much motivation is Modano going to have to work through the rehab and come back 100%? He has to feel pretty deflated right now.

That's something I was concerned about as well... this is not a minor injury and people are acting like he will just come back and be 100%... I think there's a 50/50 chance that he retires if there's even a MINOR step back in rehab...

Obviously it's better if he is playing. That's a no brainer. I was making a statement about the playoff run and being optimistic about Modano's chances of coming back and participating in it. What's best for Modano is another discussion alltogether.

Edited by Broken 16

What i don't get though is why 99% of the americans say "i could care less" when they actually mean "I couldn't care less" :siren:

IRREGARDLESS!!!!!!! Irre&*%$'nGardless!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

:angry::ranting:

My pet English Grammar peave.

2nd in line:

I was born and raised in..... No! You were born and reared in!

My Canadian wife always says:

"I like romantic movies more then hockey!" :thumbdown:

"Boys, you need to go up-stairs and close the lights!" :ph34r:

"It's dark in here, please open the lights" :ph34r:

and she doesn't say "with" when it should be said in a sentence. :blink:

And what the heck is a ZED?!? :P

And why do you spell color wrong?!?

Edited by Lord Stanely

Guest Stolberg

I was born and raised in..... No! You were born and reared in!

there isn't any difference besides the fact that there are far more definitions for raised than reared

there isn't any difference besides the fact that there are far more definitions for raised than reared

I would have to find my old English and composition books from high school and college; but both said that you raise cattle/livestock and rear children.

I think they both have become acceptable over time. Notice though that even in the definition of raise it says "rear: children" and the definition of rear uses raise: cattle. My guess is that my private school teachers were stuck on keeping the Olde English way in place and that they made a bigger deal about this than perhaps they should have.

After 34 years I'm probably stuck saying it for the next 34 years.

Edited by Lord Stanely

that's another one that REALLY irks me...

so does "whole-nother" - it's either "whole other" or "another whole" - NOTHER is NOT a word...

One of my biggest pet peeves, besides hijacking a thread to make it about grammar, is double negatives.

One of my biggest pet peeves, besides hijacking a thread to make it about grammar, is double negatives.

Who hi-jacked a thread? I made one point and it snowballed into this...

BACK to the point at hand -

Bert's size is something that Z and Dats just can't make up for, regardless of how hard they work, and against other larger forwards such as Nash, Getzlaf, etc... it is a huge asset that he has become so defensively reliable...

Edited by stevkrause

My Canadian wife always says:

"Boys, you need to go up-stairs and close the lights!" :ph34r:

"It's dark in here, please open the lights" :ph34r:

And what the heck is a ZED?!? :P

And why do you spell color wrong?!?

I'm going to assume your wife is French Canadian? Or comes from a family of French Canadians? Because that would immediately explain why she says open and close the lights. In French, to open, or to turn on is the same word.

Zed and Colour both come from the British or French spelling of the words. Much like how Americans spell ax, or favorite, the Canadian way is axE and favoUrite.

What ticks me is when I hear people say carmel. It's Car-A-Mel.

Anyways, back to the point of the thread.

I like what I've been seeing with Bert for sure, his defensive ability is there, and the fact that he's leading in assists and +/- is showing that he's comfortable here. Last year we were all scared cause he was a defensive liability, or that he would get injured, but his health appears to be fine, after playing every game last year.

Not to mention a healthy (well, rested) Modano going into the post season. This playoff run has all the makings of being EPIC. Can't wait either.

So did 2006. I just worry that this season is almost too easy so far...

I'm going to assume your wife is French Canadian? Or comes from a family of French Canadians? Because that would immediately explain why she says open and close the lights. In French, to open, or to turn on is the same word.

Zed and Colour both come from the British or French spelling of the words. Much like how Americans spell ax, or favorite, the Canadian way is axE and favoUrite.

What ticks me is when I hear people say carmel. It's Car-A-Mel.

EYE-talian

100% full blooded DG GW

Niagara Region.

I'm not normally one to be overconfident but the depth we have this season is amazing. I mean, we just may have lost Modano forever and Hudler has been a total bust so far and it's like 'oh well'. I know we're a long ways off, but the only thing I see stopping this team is a rash of injuries again. Hopefully they appeased the hockey gods last season and didn't enrage them further by making the playoffs in spite of them. :)

Edited by Broken 16

Bert's size is something that Z and Dats just can't make up for, regardless of how hard they work, and against other larger forwards such as Nash, Getzlaf, etc... it is a huge asset that he has become Babcock has made him so defensively reliable...

Fixed that for you :) He transformed Datsyuk from a puny little Russian with amazing stick handling skill into the best 2-way player in the world. Now he's transforming Bertuzzi, no doubt with one eye on the playoffs and possible matchups against Thornton/Iginla/Nash/Getzlaf :thumbup:

Honestly Bert has looked a lot better this year than last year. Dunno why? But yeah he still makes some farts here and there but as a whole I've been way more impressed with him on this year's team...

I imagine it's a combination of the following:

He's healthy.

He's comfortable and happy (which makes a big difference in a player, I think) with the team.

Babcock has found a role for him that fits and he's altered his play accordingly. Instead of trying to fit Bertuzzi into the role he's always played, which just isn't him anymore, they found something that works for him and it's showing.

Guest Crymson

So did 2008. What's your point?

They need to update this scouting report just a little bit. Just a little. ;)

http://forecaster.canada.com/faceoff/hockey/player.cgi?943

ASSETS: Big and mobile, he owns soft hands that do damage around the net. Can score goals and set up his linemates. When on his game, he can dominate down low.

FLAWS: Injuries have become a major problem. Lacks discipline and takes a lot of bad penalties in the offensive zone. Is a lazy defensive winger.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Aging, big scoring winger.