• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#41 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:15 AM

Sorry to break to you usa fans canada will win and prob loose to sweden in the final. I would bet my house on Canada USA dosent look as good. Yes iam that confident

WOW! Confident enough to fake bet your house on it? You much be pretty sure or you could end up having to fake not having a place to live. :hehe:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#42 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:07 AM

I hope Canada wins..
Schenn has been wicked though, he looks much better than his brother.

his brother is a defensemen, how can you compare the two ? and Luke has turned into one hell of a defensemen so far, a couple more years and he will be a shutdown guy.

#43 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

The lack of people talking up the Canadians on this board is telling.

dude, your avatar nearly killed me.

:lol:

oh, and USA! USA!
Posted Image

#44 LULZ_DATSYUK

LULZ_DATSYUK

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

no way USA beats canada. they are hockey country and dominate. this tourney doesnt mean as much to them as the olympics because they actually get to ice the best team in the world.

#45 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

no way USA beats canada. they are hockey country and dominate. this tourney doesnt mean as much to them as the olympics because they actually get to ice the best team in the world.

Is this what you said before the World Junior final last year?

#46 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

I'm a Canadian, but I don't actually have much of a vested in this tournament. I'm still kind of bitter that they cut Sheahan, so I've just been following our Red Wings prospects more than anything else. Just a warning, though... some people are digging themselves into a big hole. When/if Canada wins the game, there's going to be a lot of gloating. All the people hiding in the shadows are going to pop out.

Both the Canada and USA have shown themselves to be shaky at times, and I think Sweden's going to take it when all is said and done.

#47 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

I'm a Canadian, but I don't actually have much of a vested in this tournament. I'm still kind of bitter that they cut Sheahan, so I've just been following our Red Wings prospects more than anything else. Just a warning, though... some people are digging themselves into a big hole. When/if Canada wins the game, there's going to be a lot of gloating. All the people hiding in the shadows are going to pop out.

Both the Canada and USA have shown themselves to be shaky at times, and I think Sweden's going to take it when all is said and done.

Sweden is in trouble now. A s***ty missed icing call has put them down 2-0.

I'm also kind of in teh same boat as you. I'm not a fan of Cameron so if they lose I will not be as crushed as usual especially because they cut the kid that had the best camp. I do however want them to win, I am just not following it as closely as usual

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#48 LULZ_DATSYUK

LULZ_DATSYUK

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

Is this what you said before the World Junior final last year?

no, this team is more dominate. They outscored USA in a way harder division and beat the Swiss badly who USA barely beat twice and there overall play is way better than ours. The only thing that can save us from losing is our goalie..

#49 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

no, this team is more dominate. They outscored USA in a way harder division and beat the Swiss badly who USA barely beat twice and there overall play is way better than ours. The only thing that can save us from losing is our goalie..

Not even close. Last years team was better than this years. The States are still about the same. You can't compare divisions. Who is to say we would have beat the Fins? comparing divisions is irrelevant. When it comes to Canada beating the Swiss 4-1 it only means that Conz played lights out against the States and only played good against us. That is the only reason the scores were what they were. Leblanc's goal was a good shot but should have been stopped and Conz would have stopped that the withe the game he was having against the States.

It will be the goalies that decide this game. Campbell>Roy, Campbell>Visentin.

If that doesn't change tonight Canada goes home with a dirty bronze or nothing.

Go Canada anyways. It's not like they are a bad team the States just might be that much better.

Edited by zettie85, 03 January 2011 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#50 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

Well, I wanted Finland to win, but they lost. Pulkkinen with a penalty that fired up the Russians.

I wanted Sweden to win, but they lost. Jarnkrok made a bad play that lead to Russia tying the game.

I want USA to win, but I have a feeling Callahan is going to f#ck it up some how. :ph34r:
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#51 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

I want USA to win, but I have a feeling Callahan is going to f#ck it up some how. :ph34r:

It fits. He's an agitator; a guy who plays on the edge; possibly prone to a bad penalty here and there. But Pulu and Iron were having great tournaments until their f***ups. Now they made one mistake that could overshadow their whole performance. At least, in their minds that is. Callahan hasn't been AS great. He might still be progressing on his way up before the eventual costly mistake.

#52 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

Going to be a good game tonight for sure. I am not sure who is going to win, but definitely cheering for Canada.

Either Canada's physical play is going to win it for them, or Campbell is going to win it for the USA.

Campbell is a great goalie, definitely way better than Visentin and Roy combined.

#53 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

GO USA, GO MITCH CALLAHAN

#54 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

Good luck Canada fans! I expect some good bantering, but I hope some posters don't take this game too seriously...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#55 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

his brother is a defensemen, how can you compare the two ? and Luke has turned into one hell of a defensemen so far, a couple more years and he will be a shutdown guy.

Two way game son, two way game.
Schenn Jr. has looked dominant in the offensive zone with some great defensive moves as well
Schenn Sr. looks good on defense, but isn't very good in the offensive zone

Two different positions, but Schenn Jr. has played his position better than Schenn Sr. had in this tournament.

O.o

#56 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

Stream
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#57 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

GO USA USA USA USA USA

:usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag:

USA feeds off the crowd.

#58 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

who's the american commentator for nhl network? sounds familiar from old red wings games.. espn guy? not bill clement is it?

#59 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

who's the american commentator for nhl network? sounds familiar from old red wings games.. espn guy? not bill clement is it?

Gary Thorne Posted Image One of the best
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#60 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

Gary Thorne