• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mroepke5

USA vs Canada (WORLD JUNIOR SHOWDOWN)

Rate this topic

They are playing right now, TSN2 & nhl network.

TSN2 has a Raptors game on it right now. Sucks. Maybe they will go there after. TSN says it's showing it but it was Al Micheals interviewing Bradford.

US got the bye straight to the semi-finals, and Canada defeated the Swiss 4-1 in the quarterfinal to set up the match-up. The game is at 7:30 tomorrow on NHL Network or TSN (depending on location). Being from the US, I sure am pulling for the Americans but of course I realize Canada is the favorites. Hopefully the Canadians are worn out from the quarters and the US used that day off well. What do you guys think?

As someone who doesn't really care who wins, likes Canada and America equally, and sings both "Oh Canada" and "The Star Spangled Banner" at sporting events, I'm cheering for Mitch Callahan.

Lets Go Red Wings!

Guest Four

I hope Canada wins..

Schenn has been wicked though, he looks much better than his brother.

Canada couldn't handle the Swede's speed, and USA is even faster. Plus, we have Callahan on the USA team while Sheahan was cut by Canada.

I just want USA to win so I don't have to listen to smug "Hokey wis borne in da Cananada" people talk about how great their WJHC teams are.

Should be a good hard hitting game. Canada built their team specifically to beat USA.

Edited by Konnan511

Canada couldn't handle the Swede's speed, and USA is even faster. Plus, we have Callahan on the USA team while Sheahan was cut by Canada.

I just want USA to win so I don't have to listen to smug "Hokey wis borne in da Cananada" people talk about how great their WJHC teams are.

Should be a good hard hitting game. Canada built their team specifically to beat USA.

Ah let them have it, a Canadian team hasn't had a Stanley Cup since 1993. It's their way to distract themselves on how disappointing the Canadian NHL teams have been for almost 20 years.

I have a theory that's reason why the tournament is so popular. If the Canadian teams were serious Stanley Cup contenders, this tournament wouldn't be as followed so closely in Canada.

Ah let them have it, a Canadian team hasn't had a Stanley Cup since 1993. It's their way to distract themselves on how disappointing the Canadian NHL teams have been for almost 20 years.

I have a theory that's reason why the tournament is so popular. If the Canadian teams were serious Stanley Cup contenders, this tournament wouldn't be as followed so closely in Canada.

I really doubt thats it, the tournament is popular because Canada is crazy about hockey. Isn't it weird that tomorrow is the States first sell out all tourney because theyre playing Canada and something like two thirds of all tickets went to Canadians? That has nothing to do with Canadian teams not winning cups, Leafs fans dont care if the Habs win cups in fact they would rather that not happen.

Not to mention since 93 there has been more Canadians then any other country hoist the cup, Canadians love hockey plain and simple.

Guest mjtm77

No not at all......

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Despite us missing a lot of key players, I see Canada beating the US. Only time will tell.

You talk as if Canadian NHL teams have only Canadian players, and American teams only have American players.

Edited by L3T5G0W1NG5

Sorry to break to you usa fans canada will win and prob loose to sweden in the final. I would bet my house on Canada USA dosent look as good. Yes iam that confident

WOW! Confident enough to fake bet your house on it? You much be pretty sure or you could end up having to fake not having a place to live. :hehe:

no way USA beats canada. they are hockey country and dominate. this tourney doesnt mean as much to them as the olympics because they actually get to ice the best team in the world.

Is this what you said before the World Junior final last year?

I'm a Canadian, but I don't actually have much of a vested in this tournament. I'm still kind of bitter that they cut Sheahan, so I've just been following our Red Wings prospects more than anything else. Just a warning, though... some people are digging themselves into a big hole. When/if Canada wins the game, there's going to be a lot of gloating. All the people hiding in the shadows are going to pop out.

Both the Canada and USA have shown themselves to be shaky at times, and I think Sweden's going to take it when all is said and done.

I'm a Canadian, but I don't actually have much of a vested in this tournament. I'm still kind of bitter that they cut Sheahan, so I've just been following our Red Wings prospects more than anything else. Just a warning, though... some people are digging themselves into a big hole. When/if Canada wins the game, there's going to be a lot of gloating. All the people hiding in the shadows are going to pop out.

Both the Canada and USA have shown themselves to be shaky at times, and I think Sweden's going to take it when all is said and done.

Sweden is in trouble now. A s***ty missed icing call has put them down 2-0.

I'm also kind of in teh same boat as you. I'm not a fan of Cameron so if they lose I will not be as crushed as usual especially because they cut the kid that had the best camp. I do however want them to win, I am just not following it as closely as usual

Is this what you said before the World Junior final last year?

no, this team is more dominate. They outscored USA in a way harder division and beat the Swiss badly who USA barely beat twice and there overall play is way better than ours. The only thing that can save us from losing is our goalie..

no, this team is more dominate. They outscored USA in a way harder division and beat the Swiss badly who USA barely beat twice and there overall play is way better than ours. The only thing that can save us from losing is our goalie..

Not even close. Last years team was better than this years. The States are still about the same. You can't compare divisions. Who is to say we would have beat the Fins? comparing divisions is irrelevant. When it comes to Canada beating the Swiss 4-1 it only means that Conz played lights out against the States and only played good against us. That is the only reason the scores were what they were. Leblanc's goal was a good shot but should have been stopped and Conz would have stopped that the withe the game he was having against the States.

It will be the goalies that decide this game. Campbell>Roy, Campbell>Visentin.

If that doesn't change tonight Canada goes home with a dirty bronze or nothing.

Go Canada anyways. It's not like they are a bad team the States just might be that much better.

Edited by zettie85

Well, I wanted Finland to win, but they lost. Pulkkinen with a penalty that fired up the Russians.

I wanted Sweden to win, but they lost. Jarnkrok made a bad play that lead to Russia tying the game.

I want USA to win, but I have a feeling Callahan is going to f#ck it up some how. :ph34r: